Friendly Tournament

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Friendly Tournament

Postby Pieterr » 31 Oct 2018, 12:01

Now that FS has implemented friendly PvP matches to the game I’d like to grab the opportunity and launch a friendly tournament. We’ve had something like this in the past (check the tribetable if you’d like). I feel the game is now more ready to launch it properly, because participating in a friendly PvP match will now not effect your ranking.
As it is my first time to try and get something like this from the ground I’m open for suggestions. Of course, I hope a lot of players will embrace it and join.

Deck Restrictions:
Cards: One Faction Only (30 cards of the same nation)
Diamonds: Max 3

Who can join?
There are only 2 conditions you have to meet:
-1 You need to be registered to this forum;
-2 You have to be able to make a deck as I’ve described above.

How do I sign up for this tournament?
That’s simple. Just reply to this post that you’d like to participate.

When does it start?
We start at Monday and the tournament end at the following Sunday.

What are the victory conditions?
We play best out of 3.

How does it work?
Announce yourself on the global chat and tell that you’re ready to play friendly tournament
(If and) after you’ve found an other participant to this tournament you play 2 or 3 friendly PvP matches. After you’ve finished, the winner reports its victory here on forum by replying to this post.
A victory will gain you 3 points;
A draw will gain you 1 point (you’ll get a draw for every participant you haven’t played)
A loss will gain you no points.
On Monday (after the tournament is finished) I’ll do the math and I’ll let you know who performed best at this tournament.

What are the rewards?
As you may have noticed, this is a friendly tournament. So the rewards are honor and (mostly) fun.

Disqualification?
You could be disqualified by cheating/unfair playing (adding more than 3 diamonds to your deck or adding (a) card(s) of another faction to your deck. But again, this is a friendly tournament. It is supposed to be fun and I cannot imagine that anyone would seriously try and/or like to sabotage such a thing..

Well that’s it,... I think I’ve covered everything there is to mention about this tournament. If you do have questions don’t hesitate and shoot. I hope a lot players will sign up for this tournament. By the way, this is also the main reason why the deck is restricted to 3 diamonds max. So everybody has a reasonable chance to win.

Waiting for (hopefully a lot of) your replies,

Cheers,
Last edited by Pieterr on 07 Nov 2018, 10:02, edited 2 times in total.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Friendly Tournament

Postby mtormo » 31 Oct 2018, 12:57

Hey!

I've flagged your post as "sticky", sounds really fun the tournament and we'll follow it!

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Mordsitha » 31 Oct 2018, 14:50

Hello

Count me in :-)
Mordsitha
Private
Private

Postby Johnwayne » 31 Oct 2018, 23:46

I’m in Pieter
Johnwayne
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Nounou » 01 Nov 2018, 01:02

I would do this.

Do orders and equipment also have to be the same faction?

For example, I cannot use better equipment unless I have an American deck?

I think that might be unfair for cards like NOSB, Better Equipment, Confusion, etc.
Nounou
Private
Private

Postby Pieterr » 01 Nov 2018, 12:43

Hello Nounou,

Orders, equipment, units,... everything has to be from the same faction. So, if you'd prepare a deck, all cards have to be either American, Russian, German etc.
So if you'd choose a Russian deck, you're allowed to play NOSB, if you'd choose an American deck you're allowed to add better equipment in it, and so on.
It also works the other way around: If you'd choose a German deck your not allowed to use NOSB, but you can add confusion.
The same restrictions will count for your opponents as well of course.
I don't think it's unfair.

Hope I can sign you up for the tournament as well,

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Nounou » 01 Nov 2018, 23:50

What I meant by unfair was that some factions would clearly be stronger than others because of the orders/equipment restrictions, which is much different than the deck strengths we have now in PVP, because those all use similar orders and equipments.

But yes, this sounds fun, so please sign me up.

I will need to go look at my cards now and see which faction has the best orders/equipments :). Oh also I need to clear a deck slot for this too :).

Good luck everyone!
Nounou
Private
Private

Postby Danyperconte » 02 Nov 2018, 02:47

When start?...next monday?
Danyperconte
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby ice7 » 02 Nov 2018, 11:38

You can count me in. Not sure which deck to choose. Also is it possible to play a few decks which of course follow the fraction and 3 dia rule?
ice7
Private
Private

Postby Pieterr » 02 Nov 2018, 13:22

@ nounou: you' ll see that a faction without promoting orders is not complete harmless.
@ danny: tournament starts next monday
@ ice: playing several different decks is not a problem as long as you honor the deck rules
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Next

Return to Cantine