Ranger War Room (Because we "lead the way!!")

Discussion about anything non-related to the game.

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Ranger War Room (Because we "lead the way!!")

Postby Old Glory » 11 Mar 2017, 17:26

Hi Trampon,
Thank you for reading post, yes, it is going to be a challenge.
I hope it works out, i just wanted to give the players who have not gotten a first place finish in team raids a chance to do so.
Some probably do not mind either way. If it ends up that way, we will just keep doing as we have. Which has worked very well.
Yes, team 1 will spend 1 ticket on expert raid (so you get rewards) and then finish medium raid as team1.
Team2 will spend 1 ticket on medium raid and finish expert raid.
When team1 is done with medium raid it will start on hard raid.
Team 2 will start hard raid when done with expert.
I hope this helps, I did try to make it very plain. :D
Rangers, lead the way!
Old Glory
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby FS_KZK » 13 Mar 2017, 16:41

Hi Rangers.
We talked so much about raid decks, now let's talk about raid tactics.
At first I have a question:
I have 2 AK on battlefield. One with mossin and browing, other is not eq. I play a Grossdeutschland. Which AK do I promote? You know the answer?

At first I divide my deck into 2 types of units. First type is atacking units, that attack the leader hard like AK or panther.
Second type of units is supporting units. They support my atacking units with +3/+3 +5/+5 at promotion.

Against Germans I try to play atacking units and promote. To protect from bergers. After that I play supporting units to push them. Beware, if you promote an atacking unit after supporting unit the boost is gone...
Again Russians I play an atacking unit and keep it on r1. Then i play an supporting unit to push attack. So the supporting unit gets target for snowstorm because his rank is higher than atacking unit ;).
That means you have to think in different way in Rus and German raids.

When a supporting unit is on r3 and gave all the push away I like if it dies. So I have a slot to play an other supporting unit ;)

Can you now answer the question from the start?
Against German promote the eq. AK to protect from bergers.
Against Rus. Promote the other AK, so the snowstorm don't hit the eq. One
;)

Edit: don't use the units that get +1/+1 for each German unit on battlefield! Use the rare card and it is no target.

Here is the order in which the units are attacked by ai(same rank):
Legend elite
Legend
Epic elite
Epic
Rare.

So sometimes rare units have the advantage that ai don't destroy/decrease attack
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Old Glory » 13 Mar 2017, 20:39

Thank you Hunter for sharing your experience!!
Very nice post!!
We appreciate it very much!!
Rangers, lead the way!
Old Glory
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Old Glory » 13 Mar 2017, 20:45

I have a question for the whole platoon, and you can send the votes to me in pm or post here.
We can make a co-platoon leader, and I would like to bestow the honor upon someone.
Just in case, it is nice to have a back up.
I would like everyone to vote for one platoon member to be co-leader.
Thank you!
Your platoon mate,
Old Glory
Rangers, lead the way!
Old Glory
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby FS_KZK » 13 Mar 2017, 21:49

I won't vote but I'm pretty sure who will be leader and Co leader in j4f when we are there again ;).

OK, Some more things about raids:
Perfect 1St turn:
German raid:
play a atacking unit and promote it to protect from bergers. In best case equick it to protect from tiger2 / hetzer combo.
Russian raid:
Play a atacking unit, play a supporting unit and promote the supporting unit. So the snowstorm attacks supporting unit ;)

The flag trick against germans:
Now it is important to find out destroying order of ai.
For example I play an AK, eq on it and a Rommel.
The destroying order from ai saies it destroys Rommel. So if you put a flag on Rommel...
Ai draws bergers next turn. The bergers atacking Rommel but can't destroy because the flag. Ai plays 2nd bergers again as 2nd card. It attacks Rommel again, nothing happens because the flag...
Now ai has all 2 of his bergers in game and destroyed nothing. If you can manage to let them alive ai can't draw a berger any more in next turn and you're units save ;)

And have a look at the rank of the bergers. If they are r1 r2 is enough to protect you're units. If they die with r2 promote you're atacking unit to r3. If they have r3 play a target for them they can destroy ;)

It is a verry verry big advantage if you know which unit will be destroyed /atacking reduces.
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby FS_KZK » 14 Mar 2017, 10:52

Some more tips for raids:
Use the map! Make you're units fast that they can change slots. So you can place a unit in front of an artillery or avoid dangerous units like vasilli,chukov, tiger 2....
A plane or blitz unit with artillery in back is terrible for ai. Also u can use the artillery protection to save units from vasilli/chukov or let artillery kill a Rommel to have 1more turn before you get killed.

Russian raid deck is slow. Use this advantage. When ai plays the slow unit place a plane/blitz unit in front. If ai don't play an Howitzer on it you have time to push you're unit. The unit has big Def. But bad atacking skill ;).

Place support units in front of vasilli/chukov. He will kill it and you have a free slot to play more supporting units.

If you're board is full and no unit will die this turn use orders to push attack, even you can promote an supporting unit. Maybe you don't draw a pushing order next draw. Then u can spent you're ap to promote and don't have to throw them away.

In my case my deck has 50/50 supporting and atacking units. Of course some supporting units also atacking units. In this case you have to think if you promote them to push other units or let them on r1/2 to make more dmg.

Sometimes it is better you don't use all you're ap. If you have ap left think what is better. Hit the red button or promote a unit. If you promote the unit loses the push and maybe you make it to a target for snowstorm.

Find the right number if units in you're deck. I have only 12. Sometimes I get a dead draw in turn1. But on the other side. If you're board is full at the end of raid and you draw units it is a dead draw too...

Last turn:
Try to make max damage in last turn. Better push units instead playing one more unit. If you see ai kills you push units and try to avoid blockers(map, Marshal bat...) You don't have to survive, you don't have to kill units! You're target is to make as much dmg. As possible to leader.
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Cantine