Mission Difficulty

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Mission Difficulty

Postby nAFAI » 23 Jun 2015, 10:48

Toyyon wrote:Yeh , I realize that like 2/3 of my posts were about how bad the impact of the platoons is for pvp^^
So last season I was complaining about the platoons killing the pvp player pool I guess.
This definetly has changed , it feels like the amount of active pvp players has increased.
Idk if its bc you modified the matchmaking or if it is bc the players base has increased...but getting matches is easier than before (although there are still phases of empty queues sometimes).

Player population has increased, thanks to the crosspromotion with our other TCG (Monster Battles) we experienced a Facebook users peak in the last 2 weeks so, we have around 200 to 300 more daily players ^^.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 23 Jun 2015, 12:01

nAFAI wrote:Just wanted to share some lights here, while I do think the discrepancies between platoon pts rewards could be a bit out of the line (we will review them with time to see if they can be tuned), I do think the Platoon System, now that it seems to be almost steady, is a great addition, of course as you mention is a grindfest and PvE has a much higher impact than PvP (that's what we will be reviewing) but in overall people are more immersed in the game and provides some additional challenges to the top tier players, which is always something good and that's what we had in mind when we designed them.

Yes...platoon is a nice addition. More objectives, improved chatter and some extra rewards...no issue here, much to the contrary.
If it helps...i am now playing PVE A LOT MORE (spend all my gold there) and PVP A LOT LESS (i play what i need to stay in top 10)...i leave it for you to decide if this is what you wanted.

And now a question for you: How you feel about the gold you get from the Platoon weekly rewards? Do you feel is worth your time investment? it is low or is it too rewarding? I have the impression that it's a bit too much rewarding but wanted to hear what you think about that, at the moment is not big deal because as it is the main feature I'm fine with the results but when we start implementing additional features and ways to get rewards we may have to review that.

I sincerely have NO IDEA...i just go and get it...it is not so much as to make a BIG impression but it is good enough for me to go there at the end of the week...at least this is what i have in my mind. I think more about the pack...odd as it may be, as perhaps the gold is enough to buy a pack...
Right now i am thinking i should play PVE to see if i can help the platoon get to 2nd or 3rd in order to get a pack (i dont even consider PVP when i need platoon points).

I dont play for the gold, so i guess it is NOT enough to be an objective...and i had a lot of issues when points were being zeroed...so i may have missed a lot of them and dont even know how much is it.
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby 5Cats » 23 Jun 2015, 23:58

The gold reward for Platoons is ok, like Toyyon mentioned, it could scale down a lot after 10K or something, but for the scores under 5K it's about equal to the 400 from the Daily rewards, not "too much" eh?

I think the 600 for Hard missions is too high, that's an extra 60 gold to offset the losses... makes it a bit too cost effective! 110 mission gold, 120 selling the cards, 60 from the Platoon = profit!

And one thing that often comes up is the "no points for same-Platoon matches". Even if both players got 25 or 50 points (win or lose, or 25 loss/50 win) for a minimum 6 turns (no quick quits!)? That's less than a regular match but not a complete waste of time. MOST PLAYERS RATE is bad! Including mine! We just don't ever have a chance of cracking the top-10, never. So why worry about Rate? We PvP for fun or Platoon Points, not Rate... or to show off our new cards :lol:

Platoon Raids? Oy Vey! I don't know if more than 3 of our team is ever on these days, since 5 (FIVE!) of our most active members seem to have quit the game... well, 4 vanished and 1 had domestic issues to deal with :/ And another one's spending a week with the kids :)

Daily Missions? Now THAT sounds like fun!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Pieterr » 25 Jun 2015, 17:27

Hello,...

I'd like to add my opinion to this thread,...

Missions
- First thing that jumps to my mind is that I like these missions. Main reason is that I still can't get used to the idea of deck-building in this WW2 game can contain both axis and allies. These missions are nation-bound.

Rewards on Missions
- Frankly speaking: The main reason for me to play the "hard" missions is chance to get a general pack and therefor a chance to get the cards I still haven't got. Medium missions are therefor totally not interesting for me. The rewards for a medium mission are an officerspack or an enlisted pack. Chances for me to get the cards I lack are not worth the effort of playing these missions. Easy missions are a nice way to harvest some gold.
- The gold you get when winning a hard mission is most of the time just a bit over 100. If you sell all the cards you've got from the pack in addition you´ll end up with just a bit over 200 gold. This is also what you've paid to play the hard mission. Except,... I don't win every hard mission I play. Losing a hard mission in round 2 will cost you around 170 gold, losing in round 3 will cost you around 135 gold, losing in round 4 will cost you around 100 gold. Playing these hard missions will eventually cost gold, at least for me.
- The platoonpoints you get for winning a hard mission is 600. Once a week these platoonpoints are reset and you get gold for it in return. Roughly,... : If you win 16 hard mission you get 9.600 platoonpoints for it. Your weekly reward for it would be 960 gold. This means you can play if you're lucky about 10/12 hard missions for it. Winning them all (which is totally not realistic) would provide you with 6.000 platoonpoints. Which is 600 gold in the end of the week. You don´t have to be an accountant to figure out that playing hard missions is not a good idea if you want to increase your stock of gold.
- At the end of the week I am mostly out of gold and have to play easy missions before I have enough gold to be able to play a hard mission again. To my opinion: I'm okay with this rewarding system as it is.
- The real challenge is this,... A general pack in the shop will cost you 750 gold. If you play `hard ´you get a chance for 200 gold to get the same general pack. If you lose 3 hard missions and win the 4th you still will have made profit if you compare it to what a general pack will cost you in the shop. But these are the chances you take. At least that is how I look at it. Besides that, cards you´ve fought for are more special than cards you´ve (just) bought.
- I almost forgot,.... :lol: The special portraitframe!!! It is not that special anymore when you´ve got 9 of the same portraitframes. I believe somewhere in this forum I´m keeping track of these very special (and very same) portraitframes :D

Mission Difficulty
The easy missions are easy. It´s a nice way of learning the game or harvesting gold (or both!). Medium missions, I really wouldn´t know. Hard missions, the first 2 levels are easy. The battle really starts at level 3. I play stalingrad most of the time. Especially the Brandenburgers and the Maus are really my biggest enemy (or trouble).

I hope this is of any help,...

Cheers
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby wolf » 25 Jun 2015, 20:25

I guess it is pretty clear that the actions the AI performs are not fully random. They are connected to the cards you decide to play, things like playing a r1 unit +item are more likely to trigger a brandenburger for example. Some players like Alchemic solved this but never shared their discoveries in public. I'm lacking the motivation/skill to do this, I rather play more pvp games but wouldn't mind tp help if someone wants to collect data on historic missions.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby alemán » 26 Jun 2015, 12:35

Hej guys,

as I've palyed Iwo Jima a lot during the last few weeks and taken some screenshots, I want to share my experience and will do a step by step guide to that mission soon.
Here is a nice pic from today ...

Question: What to do with such an ai draw? :)

alemán
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 26 Jun 2015, 14:20

Wolf you are entirely correct: The AI's cards depend on what you play. Sending r-1 Legends out is sure to get a Berger, like a magnet!
Of course that can be used as a decoy, but in the first few turns you cannot afford to lose units to Bergers at all... so it's pure luck really, on any day-4.

In S-Grad, turn-1: Going "3 wide" is one option, it depends on what you draw. Promoting a sniper to protect it from Bergers is the other. Hopefully with Propaganda or it's the Epic, with an item... Confusion comes on Day-3 in Hard, so the Mosin is kind of dangerous, but still wonderful.

It ALL depends on the first couple of turns each day. Getting a "Dead Draw" on turn 1, any day, means you are doomed. The ONLY WAY humans can beat the cheating AI's massive advantages is by going first.

I think Alchemic just repeated a lot, I doubt he won half, but got so much Platoon gold he didn't need to. I think he farmed PvP for gold too, didn't really care about winning or losing, but played so often he got tons of gold! And of course he won a lot with his good deck...

The AI's 'card pool' is much more than 6... especially in Hard missions.

Aleman: About all you can do is play the Type-5 (tank) and upgrade it, put it in front of the Sherman. You'll get hit for 26+9 by the B-17 & Mustang, you cannot stop it or even slow it down... just hope Courageous shows up in the next few turns. And that the AI stops throwing Flags on everything...
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Assassin » 26 Jun 2015, 14:33

alemán wrote:Hej guys,

as I've palyed Iwo Jima a lot during the last few weeks and taken some screenshots, I want to share my experience and will do a step by step guide to that mission soon.
Here is a nice pic from today ...

Question: What to do with such an ai draw? :)

Well...take your hits...you have 111 points, right :)

I would probably place the 6/6 in front of the artillery unit...and upgrade your legendary...and hope for a good draw next...

If you get 1 or 2 Courageous Div on the next draw you can stll win...

By the way...i dont mind flags once the units lose their grenades or flying...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby alemán » 26 Jun 2015, 20:22

... indeed i got lucky - took 50 damage, played two couragious divsion next turns, set countermeasurres and got flagg raising as a reward ...

Just found that situation kinda epic, wanted to share it with you guys :)
alemán
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Previous

Return to General Discussion