anti gameplay and fair play

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: anti gameplay and fair play

Postby nAFAI » 15 Jun 2015, 10:01

Assassin wrote:
T_e_K wrote:I kinda agree with the anti-game and fair play points, but it's the game itself that is to blame if players can abuse it freely. Last time I battled with Skuzi it lasted one. fucking. hour. because we both had attack-negating tactics and no way to counter it, I guess we're both to blame for shitty tactics usage xD

This issue was discussed some weeks before...if TWO freeze players meet the game can in fact NEVER END...
There are cards that can negate this...but if neither player has them the game can last HOURS until someone quits...

There is a post somewhere about something like this...

That's something we always have in mind but it's really hard to tackle, mainly due to our no graveyard rule, usually in almost every card game if you had no card lefts to play matches had more or less an specific duration but in this case, if both players focus on disable decks without any tools to restore card stats never ending matches can occur, we have always this in mind when adding new cards but in the end is more about that specific rule so we may have to think something around it.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby T_e_K » 17 Jun 2015, 10:09

Why not adding a time limit to games?

Like 10/15 minutes, and at the end the result is a draw. Might encourage players to build aggressive/dynamic decks.
T_e_K
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 17 Jun 2015, 14:40

T_e_K wrote:Why not adding a time limit to games?

Like 10/15 minutes, and at the end the result is a draw. Might encourage players to build aggressive/dynamic decks.

There's a built-in "slowness" to the PvP, every turn takes nearly a minute, often more. It's not uncommon for games to pass 15 minutes normally, that's without 'freezing' eh? Just a few hits of Taking Command and it's going to be a long match!

So both time limits and turn limits are pretty much not workable for the game. That's just with normal play; exploiting it (to force a draw) would make it even longer!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 17 Jun 2015, 15:15

Graveyards? Putting 'dead' cards in a different pile would defeat the purpose of promoting them, of course.

You could have a "deadpile" but waiting for the deck to deplete has other negative points, like being able to predict which cards are left when it gets low... and that strange moment when they all get shuffled back in the deck (perhaps when you have less than 6?) and your deck is suddenly good again. Playing to re-shuffle faster isn't really an option: the only thing to get extra AP is the P-40... Busters and Scorched would slow down the re-shuffle... so it's entirely possible for both you and the opponent to predict when the re-shuffle happens.

You could pull 1 "dead" card per turn and shuffle it back? That would allow the "instant return" of dead cards, slow the deck depletion but still prevent the "it came back 5 turns in a row!" situation (that I hate so much!).

You could also increase the deck size to 40 or more, but have fewer limits on 'lower' cards. Allow 3 of each card for Common, Uncommon, perhaps Rare? And 2 Each for Epic (perhaps Rare) and of course 1 each Legend. Or keep it as-is and people will add more variety of cards, probably mostly Epics though... I could easily add 6-8 more cards just by having 2x my single ones... like GW, TC and S&D...

I'll throw this in the "player suggestions" too.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Previous

Return to General Discussion