anti gameplay and fair play

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

anti gameplay and fair play

Postby joaotuga » 09 Jun 2015, 20:34

I was playing on a pvp game against SKUZI from cats of war and he demonstrated anti gameplay and not fair play during our games.
Here are the reasons:

He was 28 hp and i was 220 hp, and every turn he waited until the last 10 seconds of his turn to play only to do nothing and simply pass his turn, since i had all my front row characters with 0 atack and if he played any unit, i would lose my 0 atack cards.

this took almost 1hour until i had a bug, first showing his timer down to 0 and didnt grant me the victory and then another saying i had conected in another device and i lost because of it, wich is impossivel since i was only playing on my mobile phone, and wasnt anywere near my computer to do that.
well, i already reported this problem once before and it happened again. But thats not the point; the point was his atittude every turn waitting until the last seconds to pass his turn only to intentionally disrupt gameplay and waiting for us to have a bug to win thoose impossivel to win games.

Well, im relatively new here, but isnt there any rule to punish players like him?
joaotuga
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: anti gameplay and fair play

Postby alemán » 09 Jun 2015, 22:22

Hi,

I'm the person called SKUZI from Cats of War.

Just wanna say that I'm very sorry, wasn't my intention to do any bad play or harm ... I'm just a cat :roll:

Yeah, actually what happened on my side of the screen was: I had to go shopping for like 20mins to buy some backery stuff and sausages. I wanted to contact you but you were'nt in the chat on Kongregate, so I figured either I could let you wait a couple of turns or i could have surrendered. Perhaps surrendering would have been the more gentle solution. When I came back my screen showed a victory and I concluded that u must have given up ... then I wrote a post in the global chat for you.

Still, I am guilty by all means and looking forward towards severe punishment :evil: :D :!:

Cheers, the person called SKUZI

PS: btw: add Tiger Training Grounds or Banzai into your deck, this will help next time :ugeek:
alemán
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 10 Jun 2015, 00:05

Sadly, the "zero attack method" was made popular a while ago. The common term is "freezing" your opponent. Making you opponent's cards powerless is a valid method of play, with several cards having that ability.

Happily, FS has addressed this and the Medic Order now restores either 1 unit's attack or ALL units' attack strengths. Also a couple of unit cards do too for another card in play. It doesn't prevent the method 'freezing', but does offer a remedy.

Skuzi is a nice guy, and a brave player who goes into PvP with the toughest opponents. What could he do, surrender? He couldn't kill your units without losing, and you couldn't damage him: so it's a stalemate, eh? I'm a Cats of War member, the Leader (lolz!) actually. (We don't have much to do as leaders, really.) But I honestly cannot find fault in Skuzi for playing it out. He was probably multi-tasking while doing turns once a minute in PvP... just a guess. A disconnect could have hit him too. It happens to all PvP players eventually.

Two "top players" last season did this to each other: they sat there for HOURS (3? maybe more) waiting for the other to give up! Both used Taking Command a lot and both had over 2000 life :lol: But they had 6x all zero attack units on the board... (this was before the fixes mentioned above, eh?)

Perhaps a "draw" option should be available? But it would so rarely be used, especially with the latest changes.

No harm in mentioning it! Look into putting the Medic card in your deck to prevent this from happening again! 2 AP and all your attack values would have been instantly restored! The changes are mentioned above in the "Balance changes for Season 5!" thread.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby joaotuga » 10 Jun 2015, 00:45

Im not complaining about the stall deck, im simply complayning about that guy lack of fair play and anti gameplay because every single turn he waited till the last second to simply pass his turn. Well i worked as a footbal referee, and now work as coach and let me just add that that behavior, in any sport, in any activity is considered lack of fair play and sportsmanship, and that, ladys and gentlemen, is the point of all this. He could just simply keep passing turns without waiting for last second, but no, he had to had that atittude and that is what is just simply unaceptable. And what if now every player on this game do the same? Will you keep defending players? I say this stops here and now before things turn ugly. I really cant imagine what it would be if everyone finding themselfs losing do this, i bet that pvp would defenetly lose more players than ever with this 1-2hours games.
joaotuga
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Toyyon » 10 Jun 2015, 08:57

This again showcases the bad attitude of the infamous Cats of War !
I say we should let them feel some consequences this time !

I heard of an upright platoon called Hawks of Havoc fighting these Cats for a long time.
Their Rules Of Engagment strictly forbid the behaviour skuzi has shown and they have harsh penalties for ppl who act against the rules.

I demand 5Cats to dismiss Skuzi and send him to the Hawks penitentiary.
There he should score at least 30k points a week for the Hawks till his guilt is settled.
In addition he should insta surrender 5 times a day to the Hawks platoon leader (cant remember his name atm).

Let Justice win this time !

P.S.: filthy catlings !
Toyyon
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby 5Cats » 10 Jun 2015, 15:03

joaotuga: Well, you got an explanation and an apology, I told you Skuzi was a nice fellow! And his suggestion is another way to (partially) deal with the 'freezing' method. Until it gets frozen further... Exercise Tiger is a terrific card if you have any infantry, the numbers get huge really fast!

Toyyon: Um... NO! I found him and we're keeping him! :lol: Cats of a feather must stick together, eh? It's Ok for him to lose to you 5x a day, since he beats the rest of the Hawks 10x a day, Lolz!

Note: We managed 1st place with only 1600 from Alchemic/Zloiebun. Thanks to Skuzi and sheshem, and other Platoon members too! Krigon & polikarpov... and me.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wolf » 10 Jun 2015, 16:31

So he gets a win while going shopping??
Time for an afk check system, he shouldn't get a win for trolling like this.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 10 Jun 2015, 23:04

I think Skuzi was honest...and did nothing fundamentally wrong...he even told you a simple way to fight that tactic...i always carry one banzai card with me...

To me it is the game that shouldnt allow this...said so on a earlier post some weeks ago...

Anyhow...didnt get freezed since...few players use that tactic (against me) nowadays...ILYA was good at it...i never saw a freeze deck since he left the game (and other players changed tactics)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby T_e_K » 13 Jun 2015, 13:53

I kinda agree with the anti-game and fair play points, but it's the game itself that is to blame if players can abuse it freely. Last time I battled with Skuzi it lasted one. fucking. hour. because we both had attack-negating tactics and no way to counter it, I guess we're both to blame for shitty tactics usage xD
T_e_K
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 13 Jun 2015, 14:05

T_e_K wrote:I kinda agree with the anti-game and fair play points, but it's the game itself that is to blame if players can abuse it freely. Last time I battled with Skuzi it lasted one. fucking. hour. because we both had attack-negating tactics and no way to counter it, I guess we're both to blame for shitty tactics usage xD

This issue was discussed some weeks before...if TWO freeze players meet the game can in fact NEVER END...
There are cards that can negate this...but if neither player has them the game can last HOURS until someone quits...

There is a post somewhere about something like this...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to General Discussion