platoon, pvp & queue

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

platoon, pvp & queue

Postby Pieterr » 04 May 2015, 15:44

Hey there,....

Platoonpoints are gained by:
- Succesfully finishing an historical mission;
- Winning a PvP match against somebody who isn't a member of the platoon you're in.

I suppose everybody in the same platoon is avoiding battles against eachother (because these battles don't provide platoonpoints). When I check the platoon I'm in I can see which of the platoonmembers are online: There is a green button for being online and a red button for being offline.)

My question is this: Could it be made possible to make more colours for this specific button? Especially when somebody is on queue for PvP? For example: The button turns yellow when somebody is on queue for PvP. A flashing button would do nice also by the way.

Greetz,

Pieterr
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: platoon, pvp & queue

Postby 5Cats » 04 May 2015, 19:55

That's a nice idea, but so far those buttons aren't terribly reliable...
- In Queue, in PvP match, in Mission... or just normal "on line" : )

We War Cats sometimes try to avoid each other in Queue using Kong Chat or Platoon Chat? But not very often. It's really a lot of trouble, and most guys just "take their chances" with it.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby nAFAI » 05 May 2015, 08:44

I'm also fond of the idea of highlighting the play button, however we used to have something similar in the past and decided to removed cause of one issue...

The highlighting always will work fine when there is someone in the queue so you will jump into the queue whenever you see that there is someone making matchmaking much fastre, however...

We saw that when there isn't anyone in the queue (and therefore there is no highlighting) people is less eager to put themselves in queue so many possible matches will be skipped due to that.

So if we can figure something out for those cases we are definetly open to suggestions!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 06 May 2015, 08:46

Hello nAFAI,

Thanks for your response but it seems to me that we are discussing 2 different subjects here:

You suggest a flashing "play" button to show that someone is in the queue,...
I suggest a different colour or flashing button in the platoon to avoid platoonbattles,...

Greetz,

Pieterr
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby nAFAI » 06 May 2015, 08:49

Oh,

I see what you mean now! I was confused as you mentioned them as buttons, this is definetly possible an shouldnt be much problem yeah, I will write it down in our backlog.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 03 Jun 2015, 17:13

Hey nAFAI,

Maybe I'm impatient,...
Since you wrote this issue down in your backlog I had expected this to be taken care of in the last update. But than again,... Maybe I'm impatient

Anyway Cheers (and still haven't got a clue what you're drinking?)
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Return to General Discussion