Tadamichi Kuribayashi buff

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Tadamichi Kuribayashi buff

Postby shocman » 29 Jan 2015, 19:23

He is the worst of all the legendarys and near the bottom of stats overall, as it stand he is only useful in Survival missions and killing openents in unlimited turns which I will add are very few of :? and many would question his use in PvP i would like to see him at minimum eclest get +1 dmg overall but please leave your thoughts about this
shocman
Private
Private

Re: Tadamichi Kuribayashi buff

Postby Assassin » 30 Jan 2015, 09:56

Not the weakest...but not very "legendary", i agree.
I think there are others not very good...Great Gustav is the worst for me.

I dont have it, but i dont "fear" it...

I only had it used with good effect against me...but it was by an already superior opponent that used it to prolong the game (that started better for me)...and in longer games luck balances itself...and the superior opponent will (almost always) win...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby DaemonSultan » 30 Jan 2015, 10:06

In PvE, you can tune your deck to the missions. If it's survival mission, use him. if it's not, don't. I don't think that matters.

About PvP, I don't agree to any buff on legendaries(whether it's very bad or not). Since legendaries are already way too powerful to players who don't have them.
And in Kuribayashi's case, he's not even the worst of all legendaries. Great Gustav or Zhukov is. Compared to those, Kuribayashi is way more useful since he can provide more health and lengthen the match. As you mentioned, he is not apt to combat. But I think that is just because it is not his role.
Legendary? You mean Imaginary.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 30 Jan 2015, 13:35

DaemonSultan wrote:Since legendaries are already way too powerful to players who don't have them.

It really depends...they vary a lot...

I have a couple i seldom use in PVP...and are supposed to be "reasonable"...Zaitsev and Noborito...simplty because i have some Epics and Rares that seem better.
I am actually using Zaitsev NOW because i am trying a Russian deck...but it is not as useful as Bradenburgers, T34 or even Katyuska...

Noborito SEEMS useful...and can destroy a new player...but veterans upgrade units very fast...making it almost useless...so i dont use it once i get past 25 in the ranking...

BUT...i never go into PVP without Onoda or NOSB...those are really good...and may seem "too good" for whoever doesnt have them...
I feel the same whenever i ran into Falg Raising, David or Maus...and i ran into them a lot...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby wolf » 30 Jan 2015, 15:09

I used to play kurubayashi alot in season 2, he can be really good against very aggressive decks and also you have the option to take some damage in the early turns in exchange for promoting your units, then win the lategame with him.
But his true place is in a deck that uses incapacitate, spying and captured to make it impossible for the opponent to win. His ability will give you the time you need to freeze the board and then slowly win with grenades or unblockable units. This also works well on sone pve missions like lvl 150 .
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby shocman » 30 Jan 2015, 17:32

DaemonSultan wrote: Kuribayashi is way more useful since he can provide more health and lengthen the match. As you mentioned, he is not apt to combat. But I think that is just because it is not his role.

the problem is that SO few are actaly survival missions so lengthening the match will backfire for most missions.
AND giving him 1 simple dmg wont exactly make him all that powerfull just a little bit more at 3/4/6 dmg.... is that really so bad?
shocman
Private
Private

Postby 5Cats » 08 Jun 2015, 15:01

Shockman got his wish! Kuribayashi did get 'buffed' up to 3/5,4/8,5/12 which is a considerable improvement. His survival chances are much improved with that increased defense.

Zhukoz really has some muscle now, with his improved numbers and the "1" for his first promotion! I haven't checked if his upgrade powers have been altered or still remain 'quirky'. :lol:
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Return to General Discussion