a little evaluation,...

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

a little evaluation,...

Postby Pieterr » 05 Jan 2015, 17:51

Hello there,

I’ve been playing this game for about a month now. And I’d like to share some thoughts,…

World war 2
I can’t get used to the idea of axis and allies fighting together in the same deck against other axis and allies fighting together as my enemy. It really makes no sense.
I’ve played the (easy) historical missions. In the mission Stallingrad I’ve played a fully Sovjet-deck against a fully German deck. In the mission D-day I’ve played a fully American/England-Deck against a fully German-Deck. This is really nice and to my opinion better.

Full Deck
As in most of the CCG players are collectors as well. To get a full (complete) deck you’ll need:
1 x all the legendary cards
2 x all the other cards (commons, uncommon, rares and epics)
There are several ways to obtain cards:
- by playing the game
-.by spending gold
Gold
You’ll get gold by:
- playing the game
- spending real cash
- selling cards
Like every CCG building a deck should be as much fun as playing it. But in this game the chances of playing the cards you really want to test are really poor. It all depends on if you have a lucky draw when you open up a booster.
The next thing is: Not every rare is the same: You’ve got rares, you’ve got great rares and perhaps super-rares. Same goes for commons, uncommons and epics. The discussion on the forum about the quality of a rare is conducted by just a few people. I guess most of the players can’t participate because they haven’t got the experience and/or the cards they want to test and discuss about.
The value of a card depends on its rarity (if you wish to sell it to the computer). This makes no sense. As I explained some rares are better and should be much more worth. The value of a card should depend on its quality not on its rarity. The quality of a card depends on how players feel about a certain card.
To point out how weird the sell option really is: If I should sell 15 legendary cards, I would gain enough gold to buy back 1 officers-pack with a chance of 1 to ?? to get a legendary card?
As a developer of a CCG I would like to know which cards are popular and which are less popular. I strongly suggest you make it possible to buy individual cards in the shop and/or make it possible for players to trade cards with each other. Each way you’ll get a much better feedback on your game and probably a better income out of it: People are likely to spend real cash on a game when they can play the cards they wish to have/test.

Promoting / Killing / Returning
The game provides an option to promote units. I like this idea. Promoted units restore health and get stronger. But when a promoted unit gets killed it goes back in the deck. The idea behind the game is: No graveyard! So you’ve got a new chance to draw your killed unit again. And if you’re lucky you do because it will enter the battlefield again with all the promotions it had before it got killed. The gameplay based on this is nice: Effects of certain cards are stronger as the battle grows. Logically, how can a (killed in action) unit return to battle with all its promotions?

These thoughts are meant as positive criticism. Cheers!

Greetings,

Pieterr
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: a little evaluation,...

Postby Assassin » 06 Jan 2015, 10:14

Pieterr wrote:As a developer of a CCG I would like to know which cards are popular and which are less popular. I strongly suggest you make it possible to buy individual cards in the shop and/or make it possible for players to trade cards with each other. Each way you’ll get a much better feedback on your game and probably a better income out of it: People are likely to spend real cash on a game when they can play the cards they wish to have/test.

Hello

I agree with some of what you said...i am a rather active player and forum member...sometimes i thnk the game lacks both things...but dont really understand why :)

Just a comment...last time i went to the shop IT WAS possible to buy individual cards...but just 2 cards each week...you had to wait for the card you wanted...IT MAY HAVE CHANGED...(but i doubt it...it "should" be a good revenue source...i would ONLY buy cards if i could :))
The ability to trade would be nice...i get A LOT of repeated cards...which i must trade for gold (losing a lot in the process). Last booster i got went all to selling (i have lots of cards)...spent 750 gold...got 100 back...

But i guess it is a way to "control" decks...so that they dont improve too much, too fast...

Card rarity MAY be a metric in order for you to know how frequent they are in decks...but as you mention...rarity doesnt means strength. I have legendaries i dont use...and commons that i use a lot...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Pieterr » 06 Jan 2015, 10:44

Hello Assassin,

Thanks for your feedback on my post. I've spend a lot of time on it. Last CCG based on WW2 was Hearts of Iron. Loved it very much. Too bad it crashed. I'm trying to figure out this game now. Still have to learn a lot of cards. I've got 3 legendaries and I'm about to finish operation Barbarossa.

But I'll give you and all the other experienced players here on the forum a nice challenge to help me out: Catagorize the rares, the epics and legendaries in 7 different tiers:

Tier 1, bad
Tier 2, better than bad, still no good
Tier 3, Could be usefull
Tier 4, Very usefull, good
Tier 5, Great
Tier 6, Super
Tier 7, Absolute wannahave

Succes,

Pieterr
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 06 Jan 2015, 10:59

Pieterr wrote:Hello Assassin,

Thanks for your feedback on my post. I've spend a lot of time on it. Last CCG based on WW2 was Hearts of Iron. Loved it very much. Too bad it crashed. I'm trying to figure out this game now. Still have to learn a lot of cards. I've got 3 legendaries and I'm about to finish operation Barbarossa.

But I'll give you and all the other experienced players here on the forum a nice challenge to help me out: Catagorize the rares, the epics and legendaries in 7 different tiers:

Tier 1, bad
Tier 2, better than bad, still no good
Tier 3, Could be usefull
Tier 4, Very usefull, good
Tier 5, Great
Tier 6, Super
Tier 7, Absolute wannahave

Succes,

Pieterr

Too many Tiers i guess :)

But...doing it in reverse...and out of my head...will update later if i think of something

Tier 7 cards:
EPICS:
Better Equipment
Brandenburgers
Hetzer
(I believe that YOU MUST have these 3 cards to have a chance agaist top players in PVP...two of each if possible...mainly Better Equipment)

LEGENDARIES:
M2
Flag Raising
Not One Step Back
David MacCampbell

EDIT:
Out of curiosity...how did you get 3 legendaries so fast?
I only have 5...and have been trying to get more for some time now...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Pieterr » 06 Jan 2015, 11:10

Well this should be a nice challenge,...

If this forum could produce a catagorised list of which commons, uncommons, rares, epics and legendaries are weak / strong it would help a lot of starting players, like myself.
On behave of myself and all the other starting players I'll thank you all for your time and effort you'll put into this.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Pieterr » 06 Jan 2015, 11:18

Assassin,

I've got Rommel, Hells angels and a Russian Sniper.
Rommel, was my first. It was in a booster I got after finishing a number of levels;
Hells angels was in the booster I got when I finished 50 (3star levels)
The Russian sniper was in the booster I bought for 750 gold. I saved my gold to buy a better booster
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 06 Jan 2015, 17:13

Ok...Tier 6 units...those ARE VERY GOOD and should be used...BUT not as decisive and "must have" as Tier 7.
Some (Epics) i use only one i my deck...albeit i have two.

Legendaries:
Maus
Hells Angels
Onoda
Gunto

Epics:
Flying Tigers
101st
T34
Ichiki
Matilda
Marshal Baton
Confusion

And a Bonus...some RAREs i think are also Tier 6...
Courageous Division
Taking Command
Propaganda

Any Tier 7 or Tier 6 card is a valuable addition...of course...other players may have different opinions...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 06 Jan 2015, 17:16

There are older posts somewhere in the forum about the top 10 cards and strategy thoughs...you can look them up for extra info and other opinions...

And the best way to learn card value...PVP...if you find a "veteran" opponent he will be happy to show you his "opinion" :D
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Pieterr » 07 Jan 2015, 09:40

Assassin,

Thanks again for your feedback. I'm keeping track of all this. I hope other experienced players will join this post and share their thoughts as well. In the end I hope to present a post of all cards divided in tiers for newcomers to help them out getting started properly.

Just a question: You catagorized 101st as an epic. But isn't this a rare?

I'm anxious to see what you make out of tier 5.
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby nAFAI » 07 Jan 2015, 11:34

Hey Pieterr,

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback and thoughts about the game, your points are really valid and I want to highlight a couple of topics you mention:

- Axis vs Allies: I understand your feeling about mixed factions, and it is something we are always considering, we have plans to implement some sort of Axis vs Allies system in the game, specifically in PvP, we are still tweaking the design of this feature as we want it to be really cool, but I can assure you that it will definetly be a PvP mode in the future.

- Cards Tier List: This is something I also think it could be quite usefull for everyone and I see Assassin is already helping with it, if anyone wants to create a specific post about this, I will make sure to keep it sticky!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion