Devs - Problem with Lock-Ups

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Devs - Problem with Lock-Ups

Postby carl124 » 16 Dec 2014, 19:53

Devs
On two of the games I played this evening, the first against Nforce64 and the second against Assassin, I was well ahead and on my opponents turn the timer counted down to zero without them playing any cards. Normally this would result in a 'connection lost' message and a victory to me, but on both these occasions my tablet froze when my opponents timer hit zero and I lost points on the ladder. I also think, but cannot confirm, that Assassin lost points on this match as well.
This has happened on my last 2 matches against Assassin - I am not suggesting anything on his part but it is frustrating to spend a LOT of time waiting for matches, be ahead against a top 3 player like Assassin, then be unable to finish the game and finally lose points because of this.

Hope you can look into what is happening here.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Devs - Problem with Lock-Ups

Postby nAFAI » 16 Dec 2014, 20:28

Hey carl124,

I'm checking the logs and I'm seeing that you have Facebook Version connections in between those matches, therefore it creates a conflict in the login and causes you to get disconnected from your old platform. This can happen if you have the Facebook game version in one of your browser tabs and the browser restores sessions (happened to me several times) so just make sure you are not using the browser version while playing on your mobile.

Hope this helps!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby carl124 » 16 Dec 2014, 20:48

Hi nAFAI
Thanks for the quick response. However, I only went into Facebook each time the game had locked up to check the points situation before I quit out of the game. I did not have facebook open, or even have my PC switched on when my opponents timer ran out and the game locked up. I was only using my tablet so I think there must be another explanation.

Assassin - would you be good enough to help out here? What happened at your end? Did you get a message of any sort?
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 16 Dec 2014, 22:28

Then there is indeed something else happening.

If it happens again, could you try to send us a screenshot? it will greatly help us verify if its a connection issue or a game crash. You could try to attach it to this post or send it to info@frozenshard.com.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 17 Dec 2014, 16:28

carl124 wrote:Hi nAFAI
Thanks for the quick response. However, I only went into Facebook each time the game had locked up to check the points situation before I quit out of the game. I did not have facebook open, or even have my PC switched on when my opponents timer ran out and the game locked up. I was only using my tablet so I think there must be another explanation.

Assassin - would you be good enough to help out here? What happened at your end? Did you get a message of any sort?

Hello...just saw this...i can confirm that something went wrong...in fact i think we have been unable to complete games lately...i think we (me and carl) had three games that didnt finish...perhaps one that did finish....all in the last couple days.

I had two defeats and one victory given to me...and i can also confirm that in one of them carl was well ahead :D (but it was one that ended in defeat for me so i assumed it was karma...and that he had got a win)
In both defeats the counter goes down to zero while waiting for the opponent to play...and nothing happens...the only option is to quit the app. Tha app is still functional as a popup appears asking if i want to quit. After 3min or so i did quit and got the defeat. It was the same both times.
In the win i simply got the "Connection lost, you win" message (it is not quite this, but i think everybody knows it right now)

I was using an Android tablet...network is good.

I had another defeat just a few minutes ago against other player (Rickstar i think)...i was actually playing a move when a message said that i had lost because connection was lost or i had been away too long...but when i went to check the ladder the connection was ok...5 seconds later or less.
In this last game...and only on this one...it is possible that my PC was on...but against carl it was off...so no facebook issues are possible.

I cant send screenshots (dont know how to do it in the Android tablet)...and i guess there would be no information on them...
On the losses against carl all we see is the playing field and the counter at 00:00.

It is a bit annoying...things were better in this regard lately...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 17 Dec 2014, 18:03

Assassin
Thanks for the detailed response

Devs
It seems Assassin was seeing the same as me - opponent clock running down to zero then nothing - game just stops. Each time this happened to us we both lost points which isn't great when it takes so long to accumulate them!
Like Assassin says screen shot not possible on tablets but it is just the playing field with opponent counter at zero.

I don't know anything about online connections etc but seems definitely something wrong here.

Cheers
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 18 Dec 2014, 11:37

Hey guys,

We definetly spotted the issue, we are already working on a fix, so hopefully we can solve it as soon as possible. Will let you know once it's done!

Cheers and thanks for the detailed info!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby carl124 » 18 Dec 2014, 12:22

Many thanks for quick response.

Cheers
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 24 Dec 2014, 11:46

Dont know if something was fixed...or it was just luck...

Had a couple games against carl these days and all went OK...we were able to finish...good games ;) .
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 24 Dec 2014, 12:27

Yes good games, last one was very tight.....I really enjoy games like that even if I lose....I had a couple yesterday where the opponent surrendered before playing their first card....what is the point in that?

Anyway the freezing glitch seems fixed now which is good news.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Next

Return to General Discussion