Historical Missions on Beta in Facebook: Help Needed!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Historical Missions on Beta in Facebook: Help Needed!

Postby nAFAI » 16 Dec 2014, 19:13

Hey guys,

We just launched the historical missions on Beta for a couple of days on Facebook in order to check the mission balance, if you would be kind enough to try them it would help us a lot to finish balancing them, we are already gathering metrics so feel free to jump on them! Also any additional feedback is of course always appreciatted!

PS: You will also be able to play with the speed up engine version, it goes wayyyy faster than before and we think its perfect, feel free to give us your thoughts!

Cheers!

Game link: https://apps.facebook.com/wwiitcg/
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: Historical Missions on Beta in Facebook: Help Needed!

Postby DaemonSultan » 17 Dec 2014, 03:08

Well, I just tried the easy mode, quite good. Happy to try some legendaries I don't have. It sure is easy and hard to lose. and It's a perfect option to farm golds. It would be better if it had some dialogues, mentioning some historical persons, I guess? And about the balance, I don't see problems.

And the game is waaay faster than before, I mean, it's so fast. I'd more like it if it were optionable(But I assume it's not possible).
Legendary? You mean Imaginary.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby JordanBei » 17 Dec 2014, 04:31

I just competed stalingard on easy and I really liked the fraction bases decks both the player and the oppoment had.
I nearly lost the last mission as I only had 11 health in ending, I took a lot of damage from the units with blitzkrieg.
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby DaemonSultan » 17 Dec 2014, 07:42

I tried hard mode, both D-day and Battle of Stalingrad. I don't know it's because I was unlucky or It's hard mode, I wasted one of my turns drawing equipments while my field was empty, at both games. It sure was hard, I couldn't beat the final stages. On D-day, My flights couln't do anything against blitzkrieg(and there were THREE hetzers), On Battle of Stalingrad, I drew the worst hand for turns. But still, I believe it's possible for me to beat hardmode stalingrad soon.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby JordanBei » 17 Dec 2014, 12:14

I just did d-day on easy and redid Stalingrad this time ending with 80 life.
The last stage of Stalingrad nearly became a stalemate because on the left the enemy had the unit that restores life each turn with items making it a 2/25 with reinforce and repair, making it impossible to destroy. On he right and center I had units with snipter and artillery.
The enemy keep using units to block my units in the center and right and whenever I draw the concentrated fire card to remove the enemy unit the damage done to the enemy would be healed by the unit on the left.
In the end I won using the 2 grenade items which did 12 damage every turn. I pretty much had 5 rank 3 units on the board at the end and nothing to do on the turn before I won
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 17 Dec 2014, 17:48

Played three missions on Easy mode...only on the third attempt i understood that health must last the 3 (or more battles). :D
I guess it is written somewhere...but i never read the fine print...anyhow...starting the third battle with 6 health made me understand...took serious luck to make the third...

I liked it a lot...makes you use different decks and tactics...

Tried one in medium...lost in the third battle...so i had a net loss of about 40...(150 to play about 110 gain, including the cards sell value).
Seems fair...and makes you want to try again...

Easy level is a way to get gold when you need it...having to work for it. I will now play a couple battles to get the 40 i need to try medium again...

I shouldnt say this...but shouldnt the number of tries on Easy level be limited each day? I assume that many players would prefer this over PVP as a mean to get 20 gold...and it may reduce even further PVP participation...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby DaemonSultan » 17 Dec 2014, 18:24

I suppose not. someday, players will finish farming and want to test their deck on pvp.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 17 Dec 2014, 18:33

Just had my first bug on my second attempt at Medium level...

All was going well...but at the end of level 3 (i think) the app kind of hanged...it was possible to surrender...but couldnt find a way to go forward.

Screenshot below:

Playing on facebook (obvioulsy)...still had 55 health :( :cry:
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 17 Dec 2014, 19:30

Completed a second DDay on Medium...

This time all went ok...won at the end...

The prize and cards sell value were almost exactly the price of playing...profit of 4 or 5 gold :D
I guess it is a way to get an officer pack...takes some time 8-)

Will try HARD level once i get the funding... :P

The playing is very interesting...i had to understand the "point" on the commando unit...i think the deck balance is well thought out...we have to use specific tactics...but with enough variation to be fun...
I guess faction decks have a future in the game...not as "strong" decks...but as a playing option...i.e. scenarios like these (perhaps also in PVP).

A thought...isnt it possible and cost effective to add the option to play BOTH SIDES?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby nAFAI » 18 Dec 2014, 11:40

Thanks for the info guys,

Glad you like the new mode, we are happy with the results so far and we think it gives the game a bit more deep gameplay instead of a single player campaign and ladder pvp. We will keep adding new Historical missions in future updates so there are more variability and more customized decks as we think it's overall quite good to be able to play the game with different cards that you are used to.

Cheers and keep the feedback rolling!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Next

Return to General Discussion