Why Surrender?

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Why Surrender?

Postby Assassin » 03 Dec 2014, 10:53

I happen to get a lot of surrenders...some players prefer it rather than losing...and i was wondering why...

Is there any bonus or something?...or is it the other way around...i always assumed that surrendering would give less points to the loser...

I actually NEVER surrender...even when i know i am going to lose...(am i doing something wrong?)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: Why Surrender?

Postby Dugrim » 10 Dec 2014, 01:31

Sometimes is the only thing you can do.
I won a couple of minutes ago against neowar after an hour and a half of battle...
I incapacitated and/or spy-ed all his units in a manner that they cannot hurt/be hurt (leaving blitzkrieg and/or siege for example but with 0 attack)
We had both taking command, so he only played it or cards to destroy my units, and I waited to have a unit+blitzkrieg or fly to deploy while played it too.
It was a matter of time, unfortunately took to him an hour and half to realize that... better surrender earlier (he was at 189 and dropping, I was at 371...)
We are strong, we are patient, we'll win.
Dugrim
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 10 Dec 2014, 12:54

Dugrim wrote:Sometimes is the only thing you can do.
I won a couple of minutes ago against neowar after an hour and a half of battle...
I incapacitated and/or spy-ed all his units in a manner that they cannot hurt/be hurt (leaving blitzkrieg and/or siege for example but with 0 attack)
We had both taking command, so he only played it or cards to destroy my units, and I waited to have a unit+blitzkrieg or fly to deploy while played it too.
It was a matter of time, unfortunately took to him an hour and half to realize that... better surrender earlier (he was at 189 and dropping, I was at 371...)

Never had one of these...didnt think it would be possible...and perhaps it shouldnt be...

I had a game where i got to 60 or 70 and i already thought it was too much (there is a "new" Japanese Genaral that adds health to both players...and fully upgraded it is 15 or so)

Anyhow...i understand the use of surrender in the scenario you mention...BUT i have seen it used without much logic...on undecided games...or in the final turn...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 18 Dec 2014, 10:38

Yesterday or so i had a opponent that surrendered in the final turn...he had 3 or 4 energy and it was my turn...

Ok...the result was inevitable by then...but is there a difference in points or gold between surrendering and waiting for me to play the final turn?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 18 Dec 2014, 16:32

Nope, no difference in points AFAIK. I have had people surrender or quit out at the very end like that - I think it is just not wanting to allow the opponent the final play.

I have surrendered in matches but only when I have completely lost control of the board to the point of having no cards in play and then draw a hand with no or one weak combat card in it.

I would prefer an opponent to surrender rather than rage-quit, at least you know what has happened. In fact I think a big concede button in the corner of the screen would be a good idea!
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 18 Dec 2014, 17:31

carl124 wrote:I would prefer an opponent to surrender rather than rage-quit, at least you know what has happened. In fact I think a big concede button in the corner of the screen would be a good idea!

Ok...i never did the math...

By the way...if i disappear midmatch it is NEVER rage quit...probably it is the app hanging on me. It is only a game after all...

The big concede button is a VERY BAD idea...unless it asks for confirmation...
Make a button big enough and somebody will press it by mistake...the bigger it is, bigger the number of accidental presses...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 18 Dec 2014, 23:24

I never thought you did rage-quit, but there are players who quit the game rather than surrender which just leaves the opponent with a disconnect message. OK, I agree a big button would not be good, but some obvious way of surrendering so players don't just quit out because they don't know how to surrender........hmmmm, it's not a big deal really.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Return to General Discussion