How do you get 15 points for a win?

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

How do you get 15 points for a win?

Postby carl124 » 02 Dec 2014, 22:59

I haven't any more than 5-6 points for a win for a very long time even for wins against top 10 ranked players, but it looks like others do pick up 15 point wins. What causes this? Is it number of points you have at game end?
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: How do you get 15 points for a win?

Postby JordanBei » 03 Dec 2014, 03:49

The game uses the Elo ranking system so the reason must be that you are beating players with a lower amount of point then you so you are getting less points because you have a better chance of beating that player.
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 03 Dec 2014, 10:24

Welcome to the ladder top :D

Basically..you get more points when you beat a player with a much higher ranking than you...and less points when you are the player with the best ranking. If you feel that way at 10 or so...imagine what happens at the top 3 :D
I have epic fights with players ranked at 15th or less with cards as good as mine (or better)...if i win i get 4...if i lose i lose much more (i am guessing it is in reverse for them).
BUT...i think this is actually fair..or top players would rocket away...in this form the ladder stays "tighter". The solution...play a lot...and try to get 2 wins for each loss...at least it is my solution!!!

Althought...i think there is a 2x multiplier or something for your first PVP games on each season...i had those 15 points wins (and 14 points losses) at the begining...but not for a very long time...
(It may be something else...to me they were just in the first matches...15 or so...and were double for attack or defense...i think)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 03 Dec 2014, 10:26

By the way...i must be the favorite adversary for some players (in the top 20 or so)...as i have a rank higher than my deck is supposed to be...so i am easier to beat than Wolf, Jagor or any other in the top 5...and a good source of ranking points...i guess...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby wolf » 03 Dec 2014, 10:34

Lol, you are the hardest to beat...
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby carl124 » 03 Dec 2014, 13:57

Assassin
Thanks for the explanation! Next time you are handing my a** to me I will try to remember you are easier to beat than the other top ranked players!!

In view of the fact that the higher ranked you are the fewer points you get I hereby declare that I no longer intend to take the number 1 spot! ...haha
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 04 Dec 2014, 10:33

carl124 wrote:Assassin
Thanks for the explanation! Next time you are handing my a** to me I will try to remember you are easier to beat than the other top ranked players!!

In view of the fact that the higher ranked you are the fewer points you get I hereby declare that I no longer intend to take the number 1 spot! ...haha

Ok...i am assuming you wrote this BEFORE the easy win you got yesterday :) (but the cards really aligned for it)
Out of curiosity...do you know how many ranking points you got? (I lost 8, i think)

By the way ... i wasnt being ironic...i seem to have lots of trouble to beat almost everybody i get as opponent... there are at least three players in the top 20 that i always lose (one is still around #15)...and very few i win consistently...and i assume Wolf, Jagor and others have easier wins...

And lots have better decks than me (it seems i am the only that doesnt have an American Legendary...i get a lot of grief from them... i really see blue flags in my nightmares)

If you take a look at the math, i am #2 because i play much more than everybody else...(i am not complaining...just stating my opinion)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 04 Dec 2014, 14:11

Yes I did write it before the win - and the cards did fall very nicely for me.

I have the same issue with players I seem to always beat and those I have never had a win against. Strangely, I had a player ranked outside the top 10 who beat me 100% of the time, then I lucked a win, now I beat him 100% of the time. I do wonder if there if there is some psychology here - I know that there are some players that, when I see their name come up as my opponent, my heart sinks and I am already expecting to lose before the game even starts.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby carl124 » 04 Dec 2014, 14:12

Oh, and I picked up 8 points so I'm guessing you probably lost 9 rather than 8.

Cheers
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 04 Dec 2014, 15:44

carl124 wrote:Yes I did write it before the win - and the cards did fall very nicely for me.

I have the same issue with players I seem to always beat and those I have never had a win against. Strangely, I had a player ranked outside the top 10 who beat me 100% of the time, then I lucked a win, now I beat him 100% of the time. I do wonder if there if there is some psychology here - I know that there are some players that, when I see their name come up as my opponent, my heart sinks and I am already expecting to lose before the game even starts.

I think it is not only psychological...although i think i have opponents that stop trying when things start going badly...some even surrender with 30+ energy.

BUT...i think decks are very important...and IT IS POSSIBLE that an opponent has a deck that is very good (or very bad) against your deck.

For instance...if i knew in advance my opponent sometimes i would change some parts of my deck...to counter what i know he has.
(Of course...if he could do the same then things would be very complicated...)

EDIT:
If i may ask...you seem to have added a few Legendaries to your deck...were them in General Packs?
(I only ask because i dont seem to be getting Legendaries from packs lately...and everybody else seems to have them)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to General Discussion