Stronger Faction?

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Stronger Faction?

Postby Assassin » 30 Nov 2014, 18:38

I read somewhere that a Axis vs Allies might be in the works...

I welcome anything that makes us have to change and adapt decks...however...I dont think factions are balanced...and Axis would have lots of trouble in this scenario.

USA has all Flag Raising Cards...AND also better equipment...it might be the stronger faction...
Russia has Propaganda...shock...t34...
I think these two (USA and Russia) are the stronger factions at the moment...both allied...

Axis has no quick upgrade card...no flags, no shock...Hetzer,Ichiki and Brandenburger are not good enough...axis has the weaker factions in my view...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: Stronger Faction?

Postby carl124 » 30 Nov 2014, 21:00

Beef up Germany and Japan slightly, add Italy, then I think an Axis or Allied deck restriction would be really good fun.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby wolf » 30 Nov 2014, 21:53

I'm not sure the allies would be superior. The axis would have better removal, blitzkrieg ability, spy and taking command. We should test it a bit to see which side is better.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby JordanBei » 01 Dec 2014, 03:57

The axis have many units that can remove cards upon being played and good removal cards like confusion, they have all the items that have brutality and have all the cards that can restore life to them.
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby DaemonSultan » 01 Dec 2014, 07:11

Yes, Allies have restricted denial cards. All I can remember are Flying ace, NOSB, and Play ball. In contrast, Axis have many denial cards -brandenburger, hiroo, ichiki, ghost attack, confusion, guerrila warfare, tactical master, and search n destroy.
Legendary? You mean Imaginary.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 01 Dec 2014, 10:26

wolf wrote:I'm not sure the allies would be superior. The axis would have better removal, blitzkrieg ability, spy and taking command. We should test it a bit to see which side is better.

Yep...

I think the game is much based on upgrading and that will make the biggest difference...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 02 Dec 2014, 00:03

I just played a Axis v Allies match against myself And it felt quite unbalanced with all the promote cards on one side and most of the destroyer cards on the other. You are right, although one game is not a proper test, allies felt to be stronger with easier promotion. For this to work would need to be some major card changes perhaps.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 04 Dec 2014, 10:53

I just went and checked my PVP deck...i have 17 allied and 13 axis...i was actually expecting a worse ratio...some i didnt knew they were german...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby wolf » 04 Dec 2014, 11:06

In my tests the axis deck always won. I will post the lists I used tonight after I come back from work. My allied deck seems to be bad, I hope to get some feedback from you guys tomorrow.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 04 Dec 2014, 12:15

wolf wrote:In my tests the axis deck always won. I will post the lists I used tonight after I come back from work. My allied deck seems to be bad, I hope to get some feedback from you guys tomorrow.

Odd...or perhaps there is something i am missing...(as i dont have all the cards)

Your allied deck should have Flag Raising, David, Hells Angels, Better Equip, Shcok Units, Propaganda, Etc...i would assume hard to beat by an axis deck...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to General Discussion