Best card combo's

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Best card combo's

Postby carl124 » 26 Nov 2014, 17:52

OK I get them all now except NOSB & Flying Tigers. Lose 6 points with NOSB, free deploy FT on the rear line, what is the gain?
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby wolf » 26 Nov 2014, 18:17

This is ofc a situational play. In my opinion board presence should be valued higher than life totals.
Flying tigers are not easily destroyed, even on level 1 and using something like guerilla warfare on a 3/5 flier that didn't cost my opponent a point feels like getting mugged. You cannot ignore this unit forever but you also don't want to waste points to remove it.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 27 Nov 2014, 10:34

wolf wrote:This is ofc a situational play. In my opinion board presence should be valued higher than life totals.
Flying tigers are not easily destroyed, even on level 1 and using something like guerilla warfare on a 3/5 flier that didn't cost my opponent a point feels like getting mugged. You cannot ignore this unit forever but you also don't want to waste points to remove it.

Ahhh...yes i already done that...but it was an idea that came up in the moment...not a "strategy"...

I guess it depends on overall board situation and the enemy to remove...but it is always a interesting option...6 points is not too expensive for removing an enemy and adding F Tigers...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby wolf » 04 Dec 2014, 11:24

Another nice combo I started using is any deploy unit and camouflage net. I have seen other players doing this before and I was really impressed especially with t-34 or katsu you get a decent amount of value out of it.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 04 Dec 2014, 12:19

wolf wrote:Another nice combo I started using is any deploy unit and camouflage net. I have seen other players doing this before and I was really impressed especially with t-34 or katsu you get a decent amount of value out of it.

Yep...

I actually started having a problem when using this tactic and Shock units...more than once i found myself in a situation where two (or even three) back slots are full...so i cant play the units i need...or want.

My mistake obviously...but makes me think on what to play...or what to take in the deck...more deploy units...or less back units... :?:

(It doesnt happen much against you, as my units usually dont live long enough to become a problem...game is more fluid :D )
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby carl124 » 05 Dec 2014, 13:31

I did consider deploy cards and camo net but would have had to get rid of a katyusha to avoid back-line congestion or a wasted deck slot. In the end I thought shock effect of katyusha more valuable.
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby wolf » 05 Dec 2014, 17:04

I'm probably the only player in the top 10 who doesn't use shock effect units. I removed them because of the situation assassin described. Sometimes you can't make the play you want if your support line is full with artillery.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Previous

Return to General Discussion