Player numbers...and PVP

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Player numbers...and PVP

Postby Assassin » 03 Nov 2014, 11:12

First...i really like this game and want it to suceed...and i believe the developers are working well and deserve some success...i am sorry i cant contribute more. :oops:

That said...i (and some others i imagine) expected more PVP players to appear...the game uses ww2 and TCG, both areas have a lot of gamers...and i know no competitor...
It can't be the price...the game really is free to play...

Is there something in games marketing i don't understand...or is this "slow" start what was expected? (i confess i have no idea what Kongregate is...i am old school)

I really hope all is going according to plan...player base, revenues, growth, etc...
I belive expanding player base should be the developers priority...we can like with some bugs or design issues...but we need players... :D
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: Player numbers...and PVP

Postby nAFAI » 03 Nov 2014, 19:52

Hey Assassin,

This is a very good post that I would love to reply in detail so you get to know us a bit more and also maybe I'm able to provide you a bit more insight about the current videogame Market. As soon as I have some free time I will jump here again and reply to this thread as it deserves.

Cheers and thanks again for all your support!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby xerkspking » 04 Nov 2014, 11:01

Hi Assassin,

Honestly I been also in alot of TCG games.

WW2 TCG is just a small community still compared to others but here are my thoughts of why I feel this game will succeed.

1. The game is simple but very unique and as you say no competitor in the field.
2. The Red Boxes are very dedicated and always interact with the players, especially here in forum which you cannot find in other games.
3. The Producers and Makers of this game are trying to balance Quality and Marketing. They are very sure of their products and very sure to be fair on P2P and F2P players alike.
4. The only issue so far is the PVP in which the biggest factor why we can't find more players yet are:
a) Players are still limited and because of time zone difference this will create some time frame of really less players.
b) Some players especially new, still prefer to do maps because in PVP most players have already good cards.
- comparing to other PVP system in other TCGs where other don't have chat system, and freezing of games always occur, WW2 have better foundation with regards to PVP.
5. The last but not the least is this game has so much potential, you can play in IOS, Android and even in FB - stating the obvious that is the 3 biggest source of player base.

It may need little time and more Marketing but the future sure is bright.:)

ps. if your already bored waiting for competition, wait for me in one month I will hunt you hahahaha. just joking. well we will see each other soon in PVP, that's a promise. :)
xerkspking
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 04 Nov 2014, 11:12

xerkspking wrote:It may need little time and more Marketing but the future sure is bright.:)

ps. if your already bored waiting for competition, wait for me in one month I will hunt you hahahaha. just joking. well we will see each other soon in PVP, that's a promise. :)

Hope So (in both things :D )

I started PVP when i was about level 60 or so in the single player...the main reason was to get gold...at the time i actually discovered that i could win about half of the games...i got nowhere in the ranking, but got a lot of cards...and at the time almost all decks had something usefull...(now it is harder...)

A couple of weeks later (and a lot of cards) i started winning more...

I suggest you try it (PVP i mean)...the worst that can happen is losing (but you always win some gold)...and ranking will reset on the next season...it is not "permanent".

And so that you know...ranking means little...i lost most of the matches i played since the update...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby xerkspking » 04 Nov 2014, 11:27

Assassin wrote:I started PVP when i was about level 60 or so in the single player...the main reason was to get gold...at the time i actually discovered that i could win about half of the games...i got nowhere in the ranking, but got a lot of cards...and at the time almost all decks had something usefull...(now it is harder...)

I suggest you try it (PVP i mean)...the worst that can happen is losing (but you always win some gold)...and ranking will reset on the next season...it is not "permanent".

And so that you know...ranking means little...i lost most of the matches i played since the update...

Yes I'm at that level now 60+ for a week of playing despite some real work also. I tried already PVP, I lose alot but I do have some nice games against same level opponents. Update usually are scary, it makes or breaks a game but so far I like this update and the way Devs are acting and listening to player concerns, really starting to believe in this game. As of the moment I am still full of questions and alot to learn but hopefully with another 2 weeks in my belt I can be competitive enough soon in PVP. I don't care much on ranking either, the true fun is when you found a player of your degree and you have and epic battle. 2 nights ago I played someone in PVP twice, and our games are both nailbitters with both on single digit defense left before ending a game, thought I won both but I have to thank him for fun it gives me playing him.
xerkspking
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 04 Nov 2014, 16:42

A side note...from some conversations i get the idea that players in the middle of the ranking have much less problems finding opponents...

IF correct (i am not sure) i think a possible improvement would be to consider deck strengh when matchmaking...i know that a lot of players in the middle of the ranking have better decks than some in the top...

And this would allow an added "advantage"...any palyer could downgrade his deck in order to find a game...even experiment with the decks...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby wolf » 04 Nov 2014, 17:00

How do you want to measure "deck strenght"?
To be honest this sounds very strange, you are basically saying rating means nothing so just remove rating restrictions for matchmaking.
I don't agree with you here, your proposal would take the competition out of the game. There would be no point in playing besides gold grinding.
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 04 Nov 2014, 23:44

wolf wrote:How do you want to measure "deck strenght"?
To be honest this sounds very strange, you are basically saying rating means nothing so just remove rating restrictions for matchmaking.
I don't agree with you here, your proposal would take the competition out of the game. There would be no point in playing besides gold grinding.

I think i might have been unclear...

I am not against rankings...in fact, i think we should have MORE competition...tournaments, special events (e.g. japanese deck tournament or so), achievements, etc...i mentioned this somewhere.

What i am suggesting shouldn't affect ranking...you can calculate it the same way it is being calculated now...just allow more matchmaking.
If a lower ranking player is available and has a good enough deck, then he can be matched with an higher ranking player.

Deck can be evaluated by card value...using even the same values used in the shop...it is not "accurate"...but near enough to avoid very unbalanced games...which is the point.

There are players ranked below 20 that have better decks than i have...but the actual matchmaking system won't let us play...i think. The proposal i make could be a "backup"...players would PREFERABLY be matched by rank...IF NOT POSSIBLE (i.e. only nº1 and nº35 trying to play)...then deck strengh would be used to see if the match is acceptable...

What i want is to play more games...just that. :D
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Assassin » 04 Nov 2014, 23:46

An easier alternative...reset the ranking every month 8-)

Almost the same effect...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby young » 06 Nov 2014, 19:45

Hello assassin,

As you mentioned before, players on the top of the ranking is difficult to find an opponent. I recommend this game to my friend Leon (his cards are much stronger than me now :oops: ). We have talk about this situation. He said it took a long time to find an opponent and the opponents are usually you or others in the top 5 of the ranking. It makes him want to give up.

It also make me blue when i want to play but couldnot find an opponent.

I don't know if they have considerred to release a Chinese language version. They are tens of million people use Iphone in China and most of them can understand English well.

And also I think achievement system is a good idea. At least for me, I'd like to complete the achievement. If possible, some rewards for unlock achievement will be better :D
young
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to General Discussion