Famous Units/Weapons missing in the Game

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Famous Units/Weapons missing in the Game

Postby Pieterr » 07 Jan 2015, 10:46

Hello everybody,

I've been reading this thread and I'd like to share my thoughts on this...

The first thing that jumps to my mind is about adding (or not) more SS units to this game...
As assassin mentioned the game already has an SS combat unit. To my opinion this is good. Germany had many SS Divisions. If you want a game based on the second world war you can't act like they never existed. These men fought for their country just like every other soldier.
Other WWII based games also used SS units. A few examples: Axis and Allies, Hearts of Iron (CCG).
I agree that the game should be about the battles in WWII and not about the politics behind the battle.

Second I would like to make a few suggestions:

Hans-Joachim Marseille (star of Africa)
Hans-Ulrich Rudel (Germanies highest decorated pilot)
Junkers JU 87 G2 Kanonenvogel
Major Wilhelm Bach (DAK)

Greetings,

Pieterr
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby WLBjork » 11 Jan 2015, 16:40

Heck, I could give a load of British Units and kit, a few obscure but most pretty well known.

Avro Lancaster - the most powerful bomber in WW2. Most famous for the Dambusters raid, the bomber was also capable of dropping the 12,000lb Tallboy and 22,000lb Grand Slam bombs. Had the B-29 not made operational service, the Lancaster was the only existing bomber with the range and payload to carry the atomic bombs. The original design specification included catapult launch and dive bombing, resulting in it being extremely maneuverable for a 4-engined bomber. The basic airframe saw service after the war, initially as the Lincoln bomber then as the Shackleton maritime patrol craft.

Gloster Meteor - Britain's first jet fighter, which was hampered in development by the Rover Car Company, nevertheless entered service around the same time as the Me262*. The aircraft was used primarily to engage German V1 "Doodlebugs".

Hawker Tyhoon - Originally developed as an interceptor, structural problems meant that is was reworked into a highly successful ground attack fighter with four 20mm cannon and 8 or 16 3" rocket projectiles. Post battle analysis reveals that most vehicles were abandoned under air attack, rather than being damaged or destroyed.

Bristol Beaufighter - The third aircraft developed from the Blenheim frame, and the most successful. A heavy fighter/torpedo bomber, the Japanese referred to this aircraft as the "Whispering Death".

Long Range Desert Group - Equipped with light vehicles festooned with machine guns, the LRDG struck behind the front lines at German supply dumps and airfields, disrupting operations.

Special Air Service - often copied, rarely equaled, the SAS evolved from the LRDG. Units equipped with Jeeps armed with 5 machine-guns were in operation in France in the run-up to D-Day.

Ghurka Regiment - a warrior tribe, the Ghurkas are fierce and stubborn.

6th Airborne Division - This division was airdropped into Normandy over the night of the 5th and 6th June 1944. The first locations captured were Pegasus and Horsa bridges.

1st Airborne Division - Intending to be relieved in 3 days, this division was dropped as part of Operation Market Garden. 9 days later, the remaining forces withdrew, having suffered 8,000 casualties.

51st (Highland) Infantry Division - Effectively destroyed in France, the division was reconstituted from the 9th (Highland) Infantry Division and specifically requested by Montgomery for the invasion of Normandy.

50th (Northumbrian) Infantry Division - This division saw service in every major Western theatre of operations.

7th Armoured Division - The famous "Desert Rats", highly successful in North Africa.

Churchill AVRE - Equipped with a 290mm demolition cannon and amply supplied with engineering equipment, the Armoured Vehicle, Royal Engineers was invaluable on the beaches on D-Day

Archer Tank Destroyer - armed with the famous Ordnance QF 17-pounder, the Archer is a open-topped, self-propelled anti-tank gun. As the vehicle is designed, the gun fires "backwards" making it a useful ambush unit.

Rifle No 4 MkI - The latest version of the Lee-Enfield Rifle is incredibly accurate and fast firing. Minimum standards are for 15 aimed rounds in a minute, yet skilled hands can significantly exceed this.

Vickers Machine Gun - Slow firing and water cooled, this gun is capable of long periods of sustained fire.

Bren Gun - developed from the Czech Zb. vz. 26, the Bren was a lightweight and accurate light machine gun.

"Mad Jack" Churchill - Kilt, Pipes, Claymore, Longbow. Volunteered for the Commandos because "it sounds dangerous". Captured 42 men with only the assistance of a corporal in Salerno. (Seriously. Check him out on "Baddass of the Week", just beware the language is NSFW)

Douglas Bader - Fighter pilot. Lost both legs. Kept flying. Got captured. Escaped from prison camp on artificial legs.

That'll do for now I think...

*I've got several sources on the operational date of the Me262, one of which states that they weren't officially operational until August 1944, meaning that the Meteor just pips them.
WLBjork
Private
Private

Postby Assassin » 13 Jan 2015, 10:32

I saw a documentary the other day...

The first Tiger captured by the Brits was a interesting operation by one of their officers.
It might be a good card with the ability to take over an enemy unit...which would require this new ability...

Dont know the officer name...but should be easy to find...the story is somewhat famous...Churchill himself tried the captured Tiger...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby willie222 » 06 Mar 2015, 15:56

So I have a great idea for a legendary card look at the 104th division “Timberwolves” for the US army in WWII, they were nicked named the “Night Fighters” they were largely known by their unconventional tactics; they launched operations at night using only grenades and bayonets, and they struck major fear into the heart German armies. So I am thinking make them legendary 5 Attack 5 Defense, special ability is a -5 to enemy infantry when they enter the battle field (Bayonet strike) also at the end of the turn -4 grenade damage to player, or something like that, just make them bad ass
willie222
Private
Private

Postby 5Cats » 04 Sep 2015, 06:20

How could I have NOT commented here? (I thought I had...)

I... I'm an opinionated kind of cat...

PPCLI: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Patricia%27s_Canadian_Light_Infantry
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry:
Infantry (duh!) 3-2-4 / 6-2-8 / 10-*-12
Legendary

Ability: Reinforced
Second Ability: Repair OR Fast OR Easy Equip (or just Reinforced will do if it's not Legendary...)
They were highly trained, versatile in attack or defense, and participated in some of the biggest battles in history! Give them time to "dig in" and prepare? They were extremely dangerous.

Sergeant Tommy Prince: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Prince
A true (yet tragic) hero and member of the PPCLI at one time... he simply made any unit he was part of... better! Like, LOTS better!
How did this man not win a Victoria Cross? It's beyond my understanding...
Order - Legendary

1 AP = All infantry units heal health, and then add +2/+2 attack/defense
3 AP = All units (Air & Armour too) heal health, and then all infantry units add +4/+4
(Since the Medical tent also heals attack? This should be different enough to keep both in play! Not replace it.)
(2 AP for that second power would be OP, I think, eh? Perhaps not, since the Medical Tent heals all for 2 AP and restores all attack)

Fort Garry Horse https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fort_Garry_Horse
Armoured: 2-1-2 / 4-2-4 / 6-*-6
Epic (Or Legendary, to prevent Buster/Horsey Spam!!)

Ability: Scorched Earth
Optional Ability: Easy Equip OR Fast (If Legendary? Give it two abilities)

This versatile unit was in so many historical battles? It's not even funny. Tough, adaptable, highly trained, they could provide valuable information (thus Scorched Earth upon deployment) OR fight like rabid badgers! (thus strong upgrade numbers)

:!: Say.. did you notice these three are ALL Canadians, and also from Manitoba! Huzza!
Sheer coincidence, I'm sure...
Last edited by 5Cats on 04 Sep 2015, 07:51, edited 1 time in total.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby 5Cats » 04 Sep 2015, 07:50

What's that? You'd like another?

Andrew Mynarski: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Mynarski
Legendary - Order

1 AP: Upgrades any air unit r-1 to r-2, then adds +2/+2 buff to it.
2 AP: Upgrades ALL r-1 air units to r-2, then adds +2/+2 buff to all air units in play
2 AP: Upgrades 1 air unit r-2 to r-3, heals all air units in play, then adds +2/+2 buff to all air units.

(something to add "punch" to aircraft-heavy decks)
(One guess where he's from...)
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby willie222 » 11 Dec 2015, 19:10

Lyudmila Pavlichenko

In June 1941, 24-year-old Pavlichenko was in her fourth year of studying history at the Kyiv University when Germany began its invasion of the Soviet Union.[5] Pavlichenko was among the first round of volunteers at the recruiting office, where she requested to join the infantry and subsequently she was assigned to the Red Army's 25th Rifle Division;[5] Pavlichenko had the option of becoming a nurse but refused; "I joined the army when women were not yet accepted".[5] There she became one of 2,000 female snipers in the Red Army, of whom about 500 survived the war. She made her first two kills as a sniper near Belyayevka, using a Tokarev SVT-40 semi-automatic rifle with 3.5X telescopic sight.[5]

Don't know if this has been posted, and hope it has because this would be a awesome card for Russia. I know she is not a unit but you cant ignore "Credited with 309 kills, she is regarded as the most successful female sniper in history" I love this game and it really needs more followers, this kind of addition will improve this game, so please look into it! :D

Site
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lyudmila_Pavlichenko
willie222
Private
Private

Postby 5Cats » 12 Dec 2015, 06:25

Hi Willie!
Here's one I've been thinking over for a while: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanna_Reitsch

Hanna Reitsch: German Legend Order (This suggestion is potentially massively powerful, it may need some nerfing)

1 AP: Promotes all friendly r-1 planes to r-2, damages all enemy planes 3 points
2 AP: Promotes all friendly r-1 planes to r-2, and all r-2 to r-3, damages all enemy planes 5 points, repairs attack/defence of all r-3 planes

Maybe 3 AP for that second one, eh?

Me 328: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Me_328
German Epic Aircraft
3-1-1, 6-2-1, 11-*-1
Destroyed at the end of the turn.
Can attack either enemy Leader or unit, choice is made when played, either from front for or back row if the front row has an aircraft unit in play.
Complicated, lolz!
Can be buffed, but Flag raising shouldn't apply, nor to the Japanese suicide plane...

25 Pounder Artillery
British, Rare Unit
4-2-4, 6-2-6, 9-*-9
Artillery: Has either Brutality OR Shock. (Shock would be better, I think)

These things were just terrific.

An idea for those lethal tank / anti-guns: Panther, Tiger, King Tiger, Pak 43 (88mm), Russian 122mm armed (JS-II and JS-III) maybe the British 17 pounder (Firefly)
When in the back row, upon deployment (maybe!) or when behind another card: It can attack like artillery against enemy armoured units (only!) in front of it.
OR: Ignores enemy Armour (The attack reducing defensive ability). This would be pretty mild, eh? But nice.

These things had can-openers, and were lethal from great range. It would make the King Tiger truly terrifying! As it should be! But wouldn't un-balance the Stalingrad Mission :P
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby blitzgeist09 » 16 Apr 2016, 20:18

P 47 -best allies ground attack fighter
Lockheed shooting star
Kikka- Japanese need a bomber stopper
Heinkel 162 - more maneuverable than Me262 (which seems weak in the game)
FW 190 D- easily = to P51
Erich Hartmann hero card- c'mon he's the greatest ACE ever
blitzgeist09
Private
Private

Postby Old Glory » 14 Mar 2017, 04:04

Hello Devs,
I think I have found a good unit for adding to a deck.
P-47 thunderbolt a rare card or epic 
Stats maybe…
private:2/3 1 ap major:3/5 2ap general:4/7
Elite:2/4 3/7 4/9
With best of trades or a new ability called strafing which like night vision but attacks all infantry AND armor.
(When made elite add free air unit promo or possibly scout division)
Was just a thought as I read about them.
Thank you,
Old Glory

P.s. when posting this i noticed previous post :D
Rangers, lead the way!
Old Glory
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion