Preview: Balance Update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Preview: Balance Update

Postby nAFAI » 25 Aug 2014, 15:53

Hello all,

Hope you had a great weekend, we spent the last days twinking and discussing about the balance changes that we want to implement for the start of the Season 2, and while we are doing so I wanted to give all of you a small preview of the most important balance change that we are going to implement:

Balance Build Card Changes:

Nerfs:

- Type 97 Te-Ke: Removed Deploy Ability from the card.
Compared to his "brothers" (M36 Jackson and the Me-262) the Te-Ke was too powerful, not only he was able to clear an infantry unit on play but in most cases he was able to deal damage to the player making him too powerfull, by removing his Deploy ability we have tuned him evenly to his other "brothers".

- M2 Browning: Now provides +0/+1 in all ranks (Down from +0/+1, +1/+2, +2/+3)
The idea behind the M2 Browning is to be a jack of all trades that can help you out in different situations or even help you finish a game, the problem we faced is that it was way too powerfull in late games build, to a point that even being behind it could completly even the games or win them for you. We have nerfed his mid and late game power, so it's not anymore a "must play if drops" card.

- Noborito Laboratory: Now it only Destroys Rank 1 Units (Down from any Rank)
We heard you, Noborito Laboratory was indeed way too powerfull, being able to destroy a high invested table with only 1 Action Point was proving to be too game changing, with the idea of this card we wanted to punish fast action (deploy) decks, but this proved to be much more powerfull than we anticipated. We, on the other hand, loved your suggestion of Destroying only Rank 1 Units, and we have tuned it accordingly as it fits perfectly with the idea behind the card. Great job guys, Community 1 - FrozenShard Developers 0! Ouch!

- Not One Step Back: Now rewards +5 Lifes per Unit (Up from +2 per Unit).
Similar to the Noborito, Not One Step Back was supposed to help you come back to the game while being behind but at some cost, +2 Life per unit was insignificant specially if we take into account that can remove whatever unit he wants. We have increased the amount of lifes it gives so you now have to at least think twice before using it.

- Type 4 Rocket Launcher: Now provides +1/+0, +3/+0, +5/+0 (Down from +1/+0, +4/+0, +7/+0).
This item was way to powerfull, specially taking into account that no other item provided as much damage as this one, with the addition of the Fu-Go Balloon, we want to stabilize its stats accordingly to the game.

Bufs:

- Artillery Ability: All Artillery Units & Items now also provide Siege Ability.
This is one of the biggest changes towards Season 2, we love the idea of the double line in the game, but we know it's not yet fully optimized, being able to deploy your units properly and wisely must be a determining factor, and providing the Support Line more protagonism will be one of our objectives in this Season, for the moment, we have provided Artillery Units the Siege ability meaning that they will not go to the front line and will attack from behind the lines. Remember, Units on the Support Line don't get fired back when attacking.

- Bergerpanther: Now Provides +1/+1, +2/+2, +3/+3 (Up from +0/+1,+0/+2,+0/+3).
In addition to the changes to the Artillery, we wanted to empower units that excel in the support line and the concept of the Bergepanther is just great, we wanted to provide as many different deck possibilities as possible and empowering Support units is definetly the right way to go!

- Vasily Zaitsev: Changed Stats to 4/6, 6/9, 8/12 (Up from 3/5, 5/8, 7/11).
Vasily is currently an easy target in his Rank 1 Version as Guerrilla Warfare can easily take him down, we have tuned a bit his stats so it can have a higher impact on the decks.

Those changes are still not 100% sure but will most probably be, we are still tweaking down the build and we expect to send it for approval on Wednesday, meaning that if everything goes well, we will have the Balance changes early next week.

Cheers and thanks as always for your support and suggestions! Your help is unvaluable! We have further plans about balancing, specially revamping in some ways the less used cards, so stay tuned this Season while surely have some surprises coming!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: Preview: Balance Update

Postby wolf » 26 Aug 2014, 00:47

Great changes!
Can't wait for season2 to start, especially the artillery changes will have a huge impact on the game. You guys have some public beta server for testing? :D
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby JordanBei » 26 Aug 2014, 04:57

Good work these changes are really going to help balance the game and I think support units need some attention to
The Type 97 Te-Ke is one of the most annoying cards the AI plays, not only does it remove a inf unit it does a instant 4 damage so glad to see it nerfed.
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 26 Aug 2014, 12:05

Hello,

I am new here. Is it correct to assume that changes apply to cards already owned by players?

A.
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby nAFAI » 26 Aug 2014, 16:49

Hello Assassin,

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your stay here, as an answer to your question, yes once the Update goes live it will affect all cards if you own one of those cards the changes will affect them automatically.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby wolf » 27 Aug 2014, 22:17

I know I'm late with this. Today I had a game with jagor in which we both drew flag raising 5 turns in a row. The odds for this may be low but it happened. The game state didn't change at all over these 5 turns as we both either protected ourselves or our units with it.
In the end, we both were not satisfied with the way the game went and think the first effect to target yourself with it is too cheap.

Could you guys imagine changing the cost for targeting yourself to 2 points?

Or could you build in a diminishing return that prevents the spell to be cast on the same target 2 turns in a row?

What are your thoughts on flag raising in general?
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby nAFAI » 28 Aug 2014, 17:10

Hey wolf,

Yes we discussed thoroughly about Flag rising, and it was not an easy call. In the end we decided to leave it as it is, as it's not as disruptive as it could be, yes it can avoid a certain death and prolong matches to some extent, but it's very unlikely that it will turn all the tides of a game around, and the fact that decided even matches in its last rounds is something we like about it.

We will monitor it of course as all cards are still open to future changes, but for the moment we will go on as it's.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby carl124 » 02 Sep 2014, 15:53

Hi
Bergepanther still showing old stats on card details in shop. Would like to buy but not sure if the rebalance took place?
carl124
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 02 Sep 2014, 17:06

Hey carl124,

It seems the updated texts for the Bergepanther did not make it to the last iOS build, therefore it's shown the old texts despite the card being updated. So just to clarify, Bergerpanther Indeed gives +1/+1, +2/+2 and +3/+3. It's just the text that is wrong!

This issue has already been fixed on Android and Facebook but since Apple builds always have a delay it will be fixed there in the next update.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 09 Sep 2014, 11:57

I just got Bergenpanther...

I tried to use it in PVP and against the AI...it simply seems to be useless even updated...

Simply, most units won't last long enough for the effect to be visible...and eventually Bergenpanther moves to the front where it is destroyed...

And i just saw it used against me a couple of times with similar effects...luckily :)

Am i missing something?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Next

Return to General Discussion