Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read this)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read t

Postby mtormo » 22 Apr 2020, 08:39

Hello,

Thanks for taking your time with his feedback, we really appreciate it and we'll take our time to discuss it for further updates. Just a comment, we always wanted (and we tried to implement a new pvp system a few times) to add different "pvp queues" (such as draft pvp, pre-constructed deck pvp,...) but always, the lack of players has been the factor against adding this feature to the game.

We're not saying that we're against it but we need to implement it in a good way without damaging the current pvp system.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 23 Apr 2020, 05:16

Arkadus wrote:
So it's not whining it helping dev's to iron out the game to make sure that it's attractive to veterans and new players alike.

I'm too lazy to go through an ignored user's posts to search for the exact quote, but you still nedd to learn to play, it's all that it takes to beat an orange wave decks and woefully designed raids.
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 24 Apr 2020, 10:45

I think the "draft" deck system or any similar variant would be a nice thing.

In fact...i think the game would benefit from EVENTS with specific rules and rewards. I do understand PVP numbers are a factor...but the idea (if well implemented) can actually bring MORE players to PVP.

DS took the time and effort to make a detailed suggestion, devs can improve on it. Key points IMHO:
- You have to play SOME PVP to get access to the draft/event
- Event makes FAIRNESS a huge selling point (lower levels can go head to head with veterans)
- You get to play cards you dont have (also good for sales i guess)
- Not sure if there...but DECKS SHOULD NOT BE THE SAME for both players...i personally don't like when both players use same deck
- And of course...rewards are the "carrot"...not sure what it says about me, but i only played tournaments when they started having rewards :twisted:

You could start by making this a one time event to test the water...say make it "DDay Event" and make German vs American and British decks...
Pretty sure you can reuse some "math" from DDay raid to make the decks of a PVP event...Dday was June 6th ;)
(good thing of WW2...you have lots of dates to celebrate all year round)

Tournaments where fun because players were more evenly matched, we got to use different cards and limits...you just have to sell the idea to the "masses" ;)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pieterr » 26 Apr 2020, 19:37

Hello,

First of all I’d like to mention that I really like most of this idea.
However, I also like to grab the opportunity to share some thoughts and to share what I don’t like about it (and explain why).

I don’t like the obligation to first have to fight 5 regular pvp-battles before you can play/unlock this (new) feature.
To my opinion players are already occupied with playing 8 raids per day.
After that it is a hard mission and/or play a few (5?) pvp battles.
Calculate all the time which is already involved.
To my opinion players shouldn’t be forced into playing a minimum of 5 battles before they can enjoy this new feature. Above all, players shouldn’t be excluded from this feature as well if they don’t.

It would be nice, if the developers ever make such a feature, that you could make the deck yourself. To explain myself further: I’m thinking of a one faction deck with a limited amount of diamonds, legendary/epic elites, rares etc.
This way a player can get to know these cards better while testing it himself. Also very useful for choosing which card you’d spend your raidcoins on to craft.

Writing this respond is meant to be a positive criticism. Overall I really enjoyed reading it.

Cheers.
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Assassin » 27 Apr 2020, 01:10

Pieterr wrote:I don’t like the obligation to first have to fight 5 regular pvp-battles before you can play/unlock this (new) feature.

DS can clarify...but i think this point was more to "sell" the idea and reduce its impact in PVP numbers.
(In a world where there are lots of players on every mode it would not be necessary)

I personally would prefer if it wasn't required...probably an unnecessary complication...not sure how Frozenshard sees it...from a PLAYER perspective, the less barriers the better...
(But if NECESSARY for the idea to be viable...i could live with it)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Aine » 27 Apr 2020, 04:36

Another week of the Confusion.raid. Can anyone remind me why I still play this game?
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Dicksharpe » 27 Apr 2020, 18:52

Yes Pieter the idea is to not affect the current PvP system. As assa says in an ideal world it wouldn't be necessary, but I would even accept it being higher than 5 if it meant players could then have some more choice!

I understand that it can't take away from current PvP system, this is just an idea to keep that intact!
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Johnwayne » 30 Apr 2020, 17:04

I’m all for expanding the game!
Johnwayne
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Previous

Return to General Discussion