Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read this)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read this)

Postby flyfinator » 24 Feb 2020, 09:21

Hey there, let me start that im a veteran card player (nearly a decade of digital card games expirience), i've played dozen of different card games. Every card game has pros and cons and its up to the devs to try to improve the game experience and overall a better game. I played more than 300 h in WW2 tcg. IT is a nice niche card game, i love the art of the cards, combined with the sound effects rly feels military battle vibe. The gameplay si fast paced, interesting game mechanics. But thats it for me, as far as the pros for this game :) I want to share some frustration and ideas how to improve:
- the game name is misleading there is no trading - this is not tcg but a ccg
- for a ccg its waaaaaaaay to expensive - the shop prices are just bonkers ( buying 2-3 individual cards or 2-3 chest offers is equal in money to a top quality game, which is absurd) this is the most pricy game i've ever played
i mean 13 EU for a single leg card....
- paying for deck slots! - are u kidding me??? i mean are you?
- i got 300+ hours into the game and still I'm in the new player category! the learning curve is just overwhelming (im glad im in a nice Platoon - La Roja)
- reward system feels not that rewarding - i mean u dont feel that u are progressing, the rewarding curve feels not right - both PvP and PvE
- Very big gap between new and experienced players - this is both that there are 4-5 expansion sets that new players must catch up
- lately the game experience feels like a job - play 5 pvp, play 4 raids solo, play 4 platoon raids, play 50 units ...tilt and move on :)
- hard missions are a bit too hard! its not skillfull playing (i cant build deck to counter specific mission) but rather a toss a coin in draws and pray for the best.
- i guess i have some more frustrations, but ill stop whine for now ;)

What i suggest to counter those things :
- obviously remove paying for deck slots - this is just absurd, let ppl experiment with card combiantions for different purposes - raids, pvp and so on
- make that in PvP there is a timer lets say 2 mins not to encounter the same opponent - i have played pvp and 3-4 times in a row i play vs the same guy that got bunch of dia cards and is clearly way more above my league. thats insta 3-4 losses that have nothing to do with how well i play.
- in game tournaments - at apointed hours a tourney starts. Some UI implementations is needed - pay some tax (gold) register in tourney format , premade deck, form groups , best of 3 , either swiss format or last man standing. Throw some reward at the end. That will help the game not to feel stale, like a job , just playing some random PvP matches ...
- Rock format game mode- this is for new players - play a format where u can have deck consisted of only - common, uncommon and rare cads ( no legendaries, no diamons). this will help new playes feel they are proggressing and that they have chance of wining that feels fair.
- DRAFT this is the only game without a draft mode!? this is format that can meet new and old school players in a fair playground, every1 sonstruck a deck from random given cards. This promotes skillful playing.

The game has really good potential to grow and be better. Some devs decisions, some UI implementation and the game will be more fun for all ;) Pardon my english, its not native.
Have a good day/night
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Thoughts and suggestions about the game(hope devs read t

Postby mtormo » 25 Feb 2020, 09:28

Hello,

- obviously remove paying for deck slots - this is just absurd, let ppl experiment with card combiantions for different purposes - raids, pvp and so on

We've reduced the price of the deckslots on the last update.

- make that in PvP there is a timer lets say 2 mins not to encounter the same opponent - i have played pvp and 3-4 times in a row i play vs the same guy that got bunch of dia cards and is clearly way more above my league. thats insta 3-4 losses that have nothing to do with how well i play.

This point was discussed when we created the new pvp system but limiting the amount of matches against a player would limit the amount of matches available specially on higher ratings.

- in game tournaments - at apointed hours a tourney starts. Some UI implementations is needed - pay some tax (gold) register in tourney format , premade deck, form groups , best of 3 , either swiss format or last man standing. Throw some reward at the end. That will help the game not to feel stale, like a job , just playing some random PvP matches ...
- Rock format game mode- this is for new players - play a format where u can have deck consisted of only - common, uncommon and rare cads ( no legendaries, no diamons). this will help new playes feel they are proggressing and that they have chance of wining that feels fair.
- DRAFT this is the only game without a draft mode!? this is format that can meet new and old school players in a fair playground, every1 sonstruck a deck from random given cards. This promotes skillful playing.

All these ideas are really nice but we need to be really careful if we want to add something new to PvP, as creating different modes/queues would split the players and finding opponents would be more difficult. Currently we have the friendly pvp that can used for tournaments and it's really useful to see what exactly players are looking for.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Dicksharpe » 25 Feb 2020, 18:12

Draft would be a nice addition!
Dicksharpe
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Big_Joe » 26 Feb 2020, 00:12

Same here i had that many times :o :D .

Very good suggestion mate (all the others are also but especially this 1).
Big_Joe
Private
Private

Postby Ace1 » 26 Feb 2020, 07:52

A draft format would KILL IT! That could be the best bridge between vets and newer players that we've yet seen.

To the OP... Hard missions (for the most part) aren't that hard. They do however require a learning curve both for the deck that you are playing and what you are playing against. I'm not someone that has a 90% win rate on hard or anything but I win more than I lose, and it is how I've made most of my card collection, grinding those missions. This week has OP citadel which is fantastic for newer players. (still good for me as well)

Keep grinding and hang in there man.
Ace1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby flyfinator » 26 Feb 2020, 19:32

Ace1 wrote:A draft format would KILL IT! That could be the best bridge between vets and newer players that we've yet seen.

Thats just the opposite of what draft is, as a game pvp mechanic. Care to explain how it would kill it?
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Super! » 26 Feb 2020, 19:38

flyfinator wrote:
Ace1 wrote:A draft format would KILL IT! That could be the best bridge between vets and newer players that we've yet seen.

Thats just the opposite of what draft is, as a game pvp mechanic. Care to explain how it would kill it?

To the OP... Hard missions (for the most part) aren't that hard. They do however require a learning curve both for the deck that you are playing and what you are playing against. I'm not someone that has a 90% win rate on hard or anything but I win more than I lose, and it is how I've made most of my card collection, grinding those missions. This week has OP citadel which is fantastic for newer players. (still good for me as well)

Keep grinding and hang in there man.

Its where i got most of my cards too, but there are still players who claim to do 60 missions a day that cry for better rewards :lol:
Hopefully the next mission update wont screw us all!

Hello flyfinator, KILL IT=VERY GOOD , ace supports your idea! :D
Super!
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby flyfinator » 26 Feb 2020, 19:53

[/quote]Its where i got most of my cards too, but there are still players who claim to do 60 missions a day that cry for better rewards :lol: Hopefully the next mission update wont screw us all![/quote]

Look i get it, ive played dozens of card games! Grind is a thing. There always be some guy across the globe who sleeps less than u and grinds more than u :)
What i mostly advocate is for a more balanced and healty PvP ecosystem. More diverse, more open to all format. Every1 knows that entering a card game with existing 4-5 sets ot cards is no catch up ever! This game doesnt rly have economy going (not being a trading card game), but that discourages ppl what old cards to get and how, how to manage their resourses - both time spent and real money and gold. Imo this puts majority of new players on hold playing PvP , knowing they will lose to some guys who grinded their cards years ago, and focus more to play the pointles single play and some missions. Thus Draft and/or Some rock format tournamets is needed to balance things out. thats how i see it. User interface in game is needed and format be implemented.
More players are needed to voice out.
Keep farming .... :)
flyfinator
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ace1 » 26 Feb 2020, 20:17

flyfinator wrote:

That was a poor choice of slang usage I guess. I meant that a draft format would be extremely welcomed, and successful.
Ace1
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Pieterr » 28 Feb 2020, 14:16

I'd like to grab the opportunity as well to express my thoughts here, because there's a lot of things bothering me about this game.

1. The moneyhungry attitude of the developers here
- Prices of slots have been reduced, but you still need to pay money to unlock them;
- Legendary and epic cards in the shop are sold for insane prices;
- Instead of organizing tournaments themselves, players need to organize (and pay for) them and developers will sponsor;
- Chances of getting decent cards out of chests (which you can buy for gold) are really poor. Therefore gold as a currency in this game is a laugh.
- A golden battlepass costs € 20,- ! According to the developers it is really worth the money?

2. Other completely outbalanced issues
- You can buy a mighty mo for 25.000 raidcoins, but if you sell it you get 0 (zero) in return for it, only 2.000 gold;
- A legendary card is sold in the shop for € 14,-. For € 14,- you can buy 2.350 gold. But sell a legendary card back to the computer and you only get 250 gold for it in return;

3. Feedback from the community of players
- Players have asked for a trading / auction feature for over 5 years now;
- Limited possibilities to help other players out. You can explain the rules, write a guide and help beating raids. If you buy (pay money) for goldingots, your platoonmembers 'll get a small percentage too. Or you organize a tournament (to give you an impression, the tournament I'm organizing now costs me about € 70,-);
- Instead of changing rewards for hard missions, we'll now probably get an expert level. I can't wait to pay a huge amount of gold to enter such a dungeon and then being butchered off by an Ai which has exceptionally good cards and an endless amount of actionpoints at its disposal. (Sorry for my sarcasme here)
- Weekly competition amongst platoons, this feature seems to be reserved for the top 3 paying platoons.

Every now and then, it's good to release some anger and frustration, I suppose ;-)
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to General Discussion