Feb 10th Update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Feb 10th Update

Postby Iluvatar » 10 Feb 2020, 23:41

Please can you provide some detail for us mission players about the changes brought by todays update.

The reward for completing Battle of Singapore appears to have been reduced (!!) from a War General Chest to a War Chest. There is no mention of this in the patch notes.

When this mission was brought out the reward was universally praised by players and replies to posts suggested that other missions rewards would be re-evaluated. The decision to reduce the reward for Singapore is very puzzling and absolutely counter-productive. Please can you explain this thinking, as it is a move players will not like.

I would also be grateful if you could answer these points:
    Have any other mission rewards been changed?
    The notes say that Stalingrad and D-Day have been made easier, can you please explain how?
    Please can you give some details on the changes to raids and their rewards?

Thanks,
Ilu
Iluvatar
Private
Private

Re: Feb 10th Update

Postby Assassin » 11 Feb 2020, 12:12

It goes without saying this is the exact CONTRARY to what players wanted and asked for...

When devs said they would make Missions more similar in terms of rewards THIS WAS NOT WHAT PLAYERS MEANT!!!

Not sure what "economic" impact this may have on your side, but it is a rather odd (to say the least) solution...

EDIT:
As apparently it is not clear...as it is now Singapore is too hard.
Players were willing to play a harder mission for the guaranteed epic card...I doubt this will be so with the present rewards...
(BTW...your argument that rewards value was the same got a big dent, I think)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pieterr » 11 Feb 2020, 13:13

There is not a word about worsening the rewards on hard missions in your patch notes.
In fact you’ve told that you’d postpone the improvement of mission rewards.

I’ve already told you that I was very disappointed about this.
Instead of improving the rewards, on which you’ve agreed that it should be revised for the better, you’ve now worsened the rewards.

I’m short of words here, but really angry with you.
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Dicksharpe » 11 Feb 2020, 18:13

Clap clap clap
Dicksharpe
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 11 Feb 2020, 19:48

Hello,

About the chance of epic on Battle of Singapore was an issue that was fixed in the last update, we didn't have any plans to change rewards of Historical Missions on the last update. As I mentioned on one of the posts, the next update will be about Historical Missions (we have some plans such as new difficulties, better rewards and more unique rewards for all of them).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 11 Feb 2020, 22:30

As far as I m concerned ( and with me many others) there was no issue about chances getting an epic.
To my opinion, nothing got "fixed"
It got worsened. There was no issue at all, but we ve got an issue now

The war machine expansion counst 9 legendary cards, 25 epic cards, 47 rare cards and 32 uncommon cards. How do you expect players to obtain the number of cards required, they need for crafting?

Last week I ve spend 10.000 gold and bought 20 stronghold chests, got 1 epic.
You sell 10.000 gold in your shop for € 45. Do you think that this is a normal price for one epic? Or am I being pushed off again here with your lotery argument?

Beating this hard mission provided at least a guaranteed epic or legendary until a few weeks ago. But this was an issue that needed to be fixed?
Last week I ve obtained about 1 epic out of 8/9 hard missions, not even 1 legendary.

Now, odds after you "fixing" this reward for beating this hard missions,....
Beat 8 or 9 hard missions and get a 1 out of 25 (epic) chance that you get the card that you re after.
Or spend 10.000 gold ( or € 45) to have another chance ( 1 out of 25) to get a card you re after.

This is not fixing issues here to me but a hit in my face. Why?
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Assassin » 12 Feb 2020, 11:05

Pieterr wrote:(...)
It got worsened. There was no issue at all, but we ve got an issue now
(...)
You sell 10.000 gold in your shop for € 45. Do you think that this is a normal price for one epic? Or am I being pushed off again here with your lotery argument?

Roughly same feeling here...
I can get this is a business, and FShard needs to make money...but there is a grind level at which you start alienating the free players you actually NEED to keep the game going...(not talking about me, i am easy to keep, but many are not)

THE FIRST MISSION you ever made (DDay) provided a GENERAL pack...therefore a GUARANTEED epic. This is not new, was around since THE FIRST MISSION. The feeling players have is that Missions are getting less rewarding to do...despite comments to the contrary...
Now, with a huge (and increasing) number of epics necessary for crafting and variety in decks...you seem to be cutting back on the rewards...and making EPICS harder to get. It is the occasional EPIC and LEGENDARY that keeps most players coming back for more...

If you are using as a benchmark the few diehards that do missions by the hundreds in the hope of getting a good card, you should notice how many do it...and how many others do not...
(The number of players doing Singapore over time, up to this week is a nice stat to check)

I am assuming this is a way to motivate new players to buy packs or cards...but i seriously doubt you get so many customers out of it to compensate...epic card sales are so meaningful?

Players view, short version...IT IS BORING AS HELL to do 20 missions to get ONE EPIC and having to sell all the other now useless cards we get!
The model you had on DAY 1 was good. Some difficulty...but a meaningful reward!

BTW...at the very least i would feel less "annoyed" if you had admitted you were cutting rewards and gave warning...the "hidden" adjustment was the most annoying part...calling it a FIX is downright odd (i use "odd" when trying to avoid strong wording).
Your response above makes me think of some comments by the current US president...and sorry in advance if any supporters around...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pieterr » 12 Feb 2020, 12:51

Yes, I am really mad with you about this so-called “fix”
Another thing I’d like to mention here is the aspect of time.

This expansion has 25 epics and for crafting an epic into a diamond you require 15.
So (roughly) you need to play and finish (25 x 15 =) 375 hard missions to get the numbers needed.
You don’t win every mission you play, but your ratio could be something like about 70%-75%.
In other words: You play 500 hard missions, loose 125 (which is 25%) and beat 375.
To play a hard mission takes me about 20 minutes.
To play 500 missions, that is like 10.000 minutes and is about 170 hours of playing.

Like I mentioned previously, last week it took me 8 or 9 hard missions to get one epic.
Let’s do the math again!
One epic out of 8 times 500 = 4.000 hard missions to beat
One epic out of 9 times 500 = 4.500 hard missions to beat
Average is 4.250 hard missions
4.250 hard missions times 20 minutes = 85.000 minutes
This is over 1.400 hours of playing!

YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL TO THE PEOPLE WHO SPEND THEIR PRECIOUS TIME ON YOUR GAME INSTEAD OF SETTING THEM FOR IMPOSSIBLE ODDS AND GRABBING EVERY OPPORTUNITY TO REDIRECT THEM TO YOUR BANKACCOUNT.

I have no words for this so-called “fix” and I really wonder what kind of stupidity came into your minds which has lead to this decision.

I was really looking forward on playing Singapore hard again but your “fix” really killed all the fun.
And with the odds I’m facing now. It’s really discouraging.

I apologize if my language has been offensive. But for your understanding: I’m posting the most mild version.
I hope you can find the time and make the effort to reply.
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby Iluvatar » 12 Feb 2020, 16:27

I agree with my fellow players. A baffling response.

The better reward for Singapore is described as an "issue" that needed to be "fixed". Players would describe this as "progress" that needed to be "applied to the other missions".

Most annoying is the lack of transparency. Players praised this on the forum and nothing was said! At no point was this described as an "issue" or even an error! Then you "fix" it and don't even have the courtesy to inform players in the patch notes.

I will pick up on something Pieter said. Behaviour like this - which I think could fairly be called "disrespecting your customers" - will not drive people to your bank account. It will drive them away.

Ilu.
Iluvatar
Private
Private

Postby chuck » 12 Feb 2020, 23:35

I don't understand what more you would want? Every win in hard mission gives you some spent gold back to you, pack of some cards and 600pts (when week bonus 900pts which is tripled in comparison to pvp win!!)
It is not enough? Maybe you want all missions easy like Bulge mission?

Yes, missions need revision, especially Bulge mission because it is super easy even on hard difficulty. If it is no problem to do more than 30 wins streak on hard difficulty, than there is something wrong. If you want easy missions than there should be lower rewards (points per win). Or harder missions but better rewards (points per win).
chuck
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to General Discussion