This has to be a mistake...

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

This has to be a mistake...

Postby Xero » 26 Jun 2014, 18:54

I've been getting 20 gold for all the missions save for one or two where I got 30, but I just completed mission 22 with a 3 star and achieved the optional defeat enemy and only got 10? -.-

Edit: After playing further I noticed some missions give 10, 20 and 25 gold after mission 20, mission 30 gave a rare card and 100 gold, feeling a bit better about the situation.
Xero
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: This has to be a mistake...

Postby JordanBei » 27 Jun 2014, 12:00

Not sure about the rate you get gold but I know that the last mission for every campaign like mission 30,40,50 gives you a rare card and 100 gold
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Xero » 27 Jun 2014, 18:08

JordanBei wrote:Not sure about the rate you get gold but I know that the last mission for every campaign like mission 30,40,50 gives you a rare card and 100 gold

Yeah, it just came as a shock to me that the rewards would dip and climb, especially when you get used to seeing 20 every time, lol, but the 100 and Rare card at the end makes up for it.
Xero
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 28 Jun 2014, 12:04

Hello Xero,

JordanBei is right, the amount of gold you earn per campaign should always be the same in the end, and the amount is fixed so it does not affect your score or any other meassures. We talked yesterday about this here, and we agreed that it can lead to confusion and even a bit of frustration so it's definetly something we will work on, probably round the gold rewards to every level to a fixed amount except the last level which always has to reward better since it should be the hardest level of the campaign in most cases.

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Xero » 28 Jun 2014, 18:00

nAFAI wrote:Hello Xero,

JordanBei is right, the amount of gold you earn per campaign should always be the same in the end, and the amount is fixed so it does not affect your score or any other meassures. We talked yesterday about this here, and we agreed that it can lead to confusion and even a bit of frustration so it's definetly something we will work on, probably round the gold rewards to every level to a fixed amount except the last level which always has to reward better since it should be the hardest level of the campaign in most cases.

Cheers!

That's awesome and yeah, definitely rounding them would prevent confusion and frustration, also if I may, perhaps you guys could take a look at difficulty from a purely free to play perspective? I do intend to spend money once the game takes off, however some missions are incredibly hard due to extremely restrictive turn limits, currently stuck on mission 40, which iirc is defeat opponent with 75 health in 8 turns, which is no small feat given he has almost nothing but Rates and those extremely resilient 2/10 slow infantry and 4 actions. :/
Xero
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby nAFAI » 30 Jun 2014, 10:54

Hey Xero,

Level difficulty is something we take really special care, and I think is something that makes this game so unique in its replayability. The difficulty will keep increasing but always to a point that if even you lose to a level several times you should always have a feeling that with some first good hands you can overcome it, this has to be the feeling for every level. There would be levels that you can fail several times (I have failed around 30 times in one) but always with the feeling that I could overcome it, the content is there not to be cleared as fast as we can but to be challenge and to know you have won to an incredible "tweaked" CPU. Playing along with your deck compositions will indeed help a lot and I'm sure you will be able to overcome the next levels!

That being said, while we take special care in balance the levels we track the progress on them every Monday and balance accordingly for the next updates!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to General Discussion