Moderator: mtormo

Re: Singapore, Bulge, Guadalcanal

Postby sgt_tom » 28 Feb 2020, 00:11

Dear Developers,

There is a hard mission for every type of Expansion chests:
Singapore --> War chest
Op Citadel --> Scout chest
Bulge --> Supply chest
but there is no Ensign chest reward for any mission as Guadalcanal gives only 1 Ensign card which is very sad.

Could you please create a new mission which gives Ensign chest at hard level? Or at least modify the Guadalcanal hard reward to obtain Ensign chest instead of single card?
sgt_tom
Private
Private

Postby Assassin » 11 Mar 2020, 13:09

Not sure what is random and what is controlled...but the MISSIONS this week are plain "dumb".

Two early missions that provide very few (if any) useful rewards for veteran players. And then tengo...that provides nothing for anyone who has yamato...

SO...the most active players have virtually NO MISSION to play :evil:

If not controlled, it should be...something like this...
ONE from the early pool (Sgrad, DDay, Iwo)
ONE form the "veteran" pool (Guadalcanal, Bulge, Citadel, Singapore)
ONE from the "special card" pool (TenGo, BFriday, Gazala)

Although...i would personally prefer more from the "veteran" pool...so any distribution that increases the odds (and number) of those would be nice to me...perhaps time for a 4th playable mission, from this "pool"?
BTW...as it is NOW, the above distribution would also be uninteresting if Singapore shows up (reward not worth the effort)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby Pieterr » 11 Mar 2020, 17:49

I agree that the missions we can play this week are plain "dumb."

As I've mentioned before,...
I don't understand why a player's choice in a mission he/she wants to play should be limited in 3 options. I've never got an answer to this question as well.
To me it's a weird restriction.
Frozenshards implements themselves new expansions with new cards.
With every expansion comes a new dungeon. Frozenshards tells that this dungeon is (also) added to have a chance to learn and play with the cards of this expansion.
But if you want to get (to know) some of these cards by playing a (hard) mission for it then you can't because of this rotating system.
It makes no sense to me.

So: Why do players need to be limited? Why can't they be provided with the freedom of their own choice to play the historical mission they would like to play?
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby mtormo » 12 Mar 2020, 09:13

Hello,

Not sure what is random and what is controlled...but the MISSIONS this week are plain "dumb".

I don't understand why a player's choice in a mission he/she wants to play should be limited in 3 options. I've never got an answer to this question as well.

Historical Missions have a rotation trying always to display missions that weren't used in previous weeks. We have discussed about increasing the amount of Historical Missions available for the incoming update.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 12 Mar 2020, 15:20

This is still not an answer about why players need to be limited in the missions they want to play.
So again: What is the purpose to limit players in this kind of way?
Pieter
Pieterr
Captain
Captain

Postby sgt_tom » 12 Mar 2020, 18:10

Assassin wrote:SO...the most active players have virtually NO MISSION to play :evil:

If not controlled, it should be...something like this...
ONE from the early pool (Sgrad, DDay, Iwo)
ONE form the "veteran" pool (Guadalcanal, Bulge, Citadel, Singapore)
ONE from the "special card" pool (TenGo, BFriday, Gazala)

That's a very good idea, and easy to implement (or it can be 2 from veteran pool if Frozenshard raises the mission limit from 3 to 4)

Pieterr wrote:This is still not an answer about why players need to be limited in the missions they want to play.
So again: What is the purpose to limit players in this kind of way?

I guess Frozenshard would like to avoid overfarming each expansion and keep up interest for each mission. Just imagine, if Singapore would be available for a full month, then everybody could farm as long as they want ("walkthrough" of warmachine expansion) then Frozenshard have to release their next epansion really soon before players get bored and lost interest to play. But I'm just guessing, l hope you will get official answer.
sgt_tom
Private
Private

Postby Aine » 16 Mar 2020, 07:35

sgt_tom wrote:
I guess Frozenshard would like to avoid overfarming each expansion and keep up interest for each mission. Just imagine, if Singapore would be available for a full month, then everybody could farm as long as they want ("walkthrough" of warmachine expansion) then Frozenshard have to release their next epansion really soon before players get bored and lost interest to play. But I'm just guessing, l hope you will get official answer.

If they think that it's more fun to play three-years old missions, than yeah.
This game could last for 27 years, jst like the original blueprint, but I don't see many Arabian Nights drafts in my lgs. Surely, this is a bad comparison, but you get the idea.
I still like the to-the-point answer on Pieterr's question.
Aine
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 16 Mar 2020, 09:02

Hello,

Historical Missions were created as a secondary way to obtain cards/golds after finishing the campaign (no raids weren't available at the moment) and we decided to use a rotation system because: (1) Each one of the MIssions were designed different (rewards/theme) and we wanted the players to experience different content each week instead of focusing on one single Mission to obtain rewards. (2) The addition of too many missions was a bit confusing for new players. (3) We started to add Missiosn with specific rewards that we wanted to "challenge" players to get them when the mission was available (after few years obtaining these cards are not difficult but it was a bit more complex at first).

As always we're reviewing your feedback and discuss what to do with the game, but having 4 missions available for players each week sounds about right, nothing has been decided yet but the next update will bring some changes.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 30 Mar 2020, 23:49

Another wasted week...

Gazala and Black Friday no valid reward for most players
Singapore not worth playing...too hard for little gain

Hope you know what you are doing...and somewhere players actually like it...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby mtormo » 31 Mar 2020, 08:08

Hello,

Until we do the changes to Historical Missions, we have discussed to increase manually the amount of Historical Missions, so we "track" the amount of missions played and it would be helpful to take a final decision about how to handle them.

You can expect and increase of more historical missions during the next month.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion