Singapore, Bulge, Guadalcanal

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Singapore, Bulge, Guadalcanal

Postby Pieterr » 07 Nov 2019, 12:50

Hello,

I’ve been playing your new dungeon (the Battle of Singapore) since Monday: Two of them were medium missions (for the battle pass) the rest of them were hard missions. I’d like to grab the opportunity to share some feedback about these missions.

The missions are, just like the other missions you’ve created, a mixture of winning/loosing. In other words: It’s not unbeatable, it’s not a guaranteed win either. As for now, I think I’ve won more than that I’ve lost and I think the balance is good. At least I can live with the results I’ve had very well.

The rewards for beating the medium mission are, to my opinion, very poor. The 2 medium missions I’ve played (and won) gave me 6 uncommon cards, 2 of them were from your new expansion.
The rewards for beating the hard mission are very good. The best part of it is that you seem to get a guaranteed epic card or higher. Due to this reward, I really like playing it.
As far as I can tell, only beating the Dday hard mission provides a guaranteed epic or higher reward.

It also brings me to the next question:
Why not improve the rewards for:
a) - Battle of the Bulge
b) - Guadalcanal

a) Battle of the Bulge:
Unlike other players, I feel that this mission is quite balanced as it is. The rewards are quite good too. Except for the fact that you often end up with just rare cards. It would be nice to provide a player who beats the hard mission with at least an epic card (or higher). Just like the hard mission in Dday/Singapore.

b) Guadalcanal
This rewards for beating this hard mission are, to my opinion, rather strange: You get (just) one card from your Sealords expansion. Which is rare or higher. Most frequently: Rare! So again, not epic or higher.
To further explain myself: You’ve launched this (Sealords) expansion yourselves. How are players ever going to get the (good) cards out of it? Not (even) to mention: the uncommons?
The only ways to get cards out of this Sealords expansion is to buy ensign packs in the shop, to be part of platoon that finishes Midway (hard and expert), the individual raid (hard/expert) and to play Guadalcanal and Ten-Go. Do you realize how hard it is to get epic/legendary cards of this specific expansion compared to other expansions you’ve launched? To rephrase myself: How do you expect players to (ever) collect 15 of the same epics of this expansion, which is required for crafting it into diamond? While the opportunities/chances this game offers to get them are conditioned like they are now.

Anyway, I’m very content with the new Singapore dungeon. I hope that this feedback will lead to reviewing the rewards you provide on the other dungeons I’ve described.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Re: Singapore, Bulge, Guadalcanal

Postby Assassin » 07 Nov 2019, 18:57

Fully agree with Pieter...same thoughts crossed my mind while playing Singapore...but he phrased them very well...

The sheer amount of cards that exist now justify an improvement in rewards on old missions...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby dino66 » 07 Nov 2019, 23:41

Hi All,
My opinion is the same as Pieter and Assassin about new mission (The battle of Singapore).
About old missions i also agree with them. There must be an improvement in mission's rewards.
Best regards.
dino66
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 08 Nov 2019, 08:47

Hello,

Thanks for all your feedback, we always adjust the Historical Missions after an expansion (specially the new missions), it's still early to take a decision in any balance changes but we'll review all data for the next update.

About the rewards, we fully agree with you, we need to "check & compare" all the current Missions and their rewards but I'm not 100% sure if this change will take place in the next update or the following (we're currently working on all the changes that we were talking about how to "fix" the expansion and add some new features).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to General Discussion