Raids after update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raids after update

Postby unjashfan » 18 Sep 2019, 20:57

(German planes are great at raids)

This is the problem, unless someone can name at least two different deck archetypes that is effective at raids as well. This is borderline off topic, but when everyone is playing the game the same way (because balancing issues), the game becomes bland and tasteless. It is not fun nor enjoyable. Mind you, I love this game, but recently the game feels more of a chore than enjoyment, which I am sure most others can attest to.

Ta152
unjashfan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Super! » 18 Sep 2019, 21:28

unjashfan wrote:
(German planes are great at raids)

This is the problem, unless someone can name at least two different deck archetypes that is effective at raids as well. This is borderline off topic, but when everyone is playing the game the same way (because balancing issues), the game becomes bland and tasteless. It is not fun nor enjoyable. Mind you, I love this game, but recently the game feels more of a chore than enjoyment, which I am sure most others can attest to.

Ta152

I definitely agree with you on this one ;)
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 19 Sep 2019, 06:07

I have reasonable success with German tanks, however German planes are really powerful in Aleutian. Then again Aleutian is a special raid due to the 4 APs and 4 lanes, moreover this one truly cannot be played with anything else than planes.
I can't really compare the tanks vs. planes, as I use them for different raids, but the tankc may even be a bit better speaking of rough power, but there's a bit of a struggle against clogged board, where the planes just fly over.
But I got no statistics on my wins, on damage/tick, etc., so I can't really offer much else.

tl dr: German tanks is a good deck.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 14 Oct 2019, 16:20

Small question...were RAIDS updated on last update (i.e today)?

They felt different, although no visible new card...and raid damage was below average...

Initially i thought it was just a bad day (happened before)...but then i saw others complaining in global chat...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 15 Oct 2019, 05:43

Ai plays Horten FOUR times per tick? Omg...
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 15 Oct 2019, 07:46

Hello,

We didn't touch the difficulty of the raids, they're exactly the same (we were careful to not add "protector" abilities in old cards that could affect the raids). Probably, in a couple of weeks, with the addition of the new cards and combos, the difficulty of the raids will be "reduced".

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 15 Oct 2019, 09:20

mtormo wrote:Hello,

We didn't touch the difficulty of the raids, they're exactly the same (we were careful to not add "protector" abilities in old cards that could affect the raids). Probably, in a couple of weeks, with the addition of the new cards and combos, the difficulty of the raids will be "reduced".

Regards,

I am sorry to insist...but today raids were again much less effective...enough that i wont continue to do berlin as i used to...

I MAY be on a bad luck series...but it happened on 6 of 8 attempts...so i am a bit wary. The units are the same, but the AI played confusion a lot more than used to...almost every game it uses mass confusion which completely destroys the attempt...
It used to be rare...

Is it only VERY bad luck...or was there a change in AI? Or deck composition that makes AI play "different"?

(Played Op Z without any difference...issue for me only in Berlin...again...may be bad luck as some other are making more damage...still...curious)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 16 Oct 2019, 07:45

Hello,

Is it only VERY bad luck...or was there a change in AI? Or deck composition that makes AI play "different"?

The AI wasn't changed during this expansion, it remains the same. About the deck, the composition is still the same, we didn't change any card. The current difficulty is exactly the same as always, the last change that we did to the AI was when we launched the PvP League update.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 27 Oct 2019, 09:48

I don't even know why I try...

Could you look into the raids, please? You know, I don't care about Drumbeat, I understand that for some reason ther must be an unplayable raid. But I played Operation Z Medium with two different decks full of diamonds and elites, and I wasn't able to finish it in eight tickets. I tried German tanks, and the AI flied over me. Next day I tried German planes, and the AI just killed everything either in combat or with the combination of damage dealing cards and targeted removal. I wouldn't bitch if I played Hard or Expert, but this was Medium difficulty, yet the raid felt like hitting a brick wall. Anything I played, the AI got rid of it on its next turn or at least severely crippled it. I seriously doublt that any novice plaer would have any chance in this raid, and it makes absolutely no sense to waste time with it.

Do you even test the raids at all?
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 28 Oct 2019, 09:41

Hello,

I think there's some misunderstanding with raids and I can understand your complains, but raids where designed to take a week to complete. Gradually, with the addition of new and powerful cards, players could easily complete them in a couple of days but it was never our intention that you could complete a raid in just one day (and currently some players are capable).

The current state of raids is fine, we can check the damage done per ticket on each raid and the average is even higher that what we can expect (compared to previous expansions, specially since last expansion Outbreak).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion