Raids after update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raids after update

Postby Aine » 22 Aug 2019, 05:45

I played an EASY version of Encirclement today AND yesterday, and I was unable to finish it in two foken days even though I have a deck full of diamonds and elites. I had results like 50 dmg/tick and there were times when I was glad to deal 200 dmg.
Thee are far too many extremely annoying cards on the AI side, but the Horten truly shines. I don't get it why the AI needed exactly this card, but you need to understand that this raid is unplayable without Flag Raising. (And maybe even then it's still frustrating.) When the AI starts its turn with dealing 2 dmg (upkeep) + 2 dmg (Horten) and ends the turn with another 2 dmg from Ho, it doesn't even need to throw in any other source of direct damage (like Maus or the deal5-upon-etb airplane), to completely wipe away my board. I wouldn't care if I'd be playing Medium+ difficulty, or if my deck sucked, but I think I got a reasonable deck AND I play an EASY diff., yet I still have ZERO fun playing this raid. Maybe, just maybe you could listen to the feedback and take a look at this raid.
Btw, I'd like to see how the new players fare in this raid.

Oh, and another btw: you wrote that there are always some easy and some hard raids every week. But you also wrote that the Hard and Expert versions are deliberately more difficult so that there's a challenge for the sharks. Now tell me, please, what should I do (other than to not play for the rest of the week), once I finish the playable raids, and there are only the hard-by-design and/or hard-by-difficulty left.
Not that I care that much, I don't spend money on WW2 since the last update, but maybe there are people who'd support you, but chasing them away with absurd raids' structure is not a good idea.

"Learn to play, spend 1000 bucks to purchase another deck, lolnoobkthxbye"
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby dino66 » 22 Aug 2019, 08:12

Hi Aine,
You are totally right. After Outbreak expansion all raids (hard and expert are terrifying) are harder except Midway and Rhine. The Hard missions except the new ones (Black Friday and OP Citadel) are harder too. The Devs ruined the game but you have to understand them they need money. The game is business.
Best regards.
dino66
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 22 Aug 2019, 17:24

dino66 wrote:Hi Aine,
You are totally right. After Outbreak expansion all raids (hard and expert are terrifying) are harder except Midway and Rhine. The Hard missions except the new ones (Black Friday and OP Citadel) are harder too. The Devs ruined the game but you have to understand them they need money. The game is business.
Best regards.

I'm afraid that the changes will only chase away any potential customers, as there's no incentive to pay for something that they cannot enjoy in the first place. So I'm not only questioning the design, but also the business decision behind the design. (Unless the recent changes were not based on business decisions, of course.)
I don't even enjoy the raids anymore. And it's not because I'm tired of the game, coz then I'd hate the Midway and wouldn't like Easy Baltic. But the difficulty of the overwhelming majority of raids is too high and it definitely turned into unenjoyable experience.
And I really have a solid deck, it's a powerful pile by any reasonable merit. Yet I still get results like 75/tick or 350/day. This is nonsense. And nope, I'm not going to experiment with another deck, if not for the reason that I got no money to waste on purchases, then simply because I got my three deck slots used, and I'm not going to purchase additional deck slots. It's a really garbage way how to milk people's money, and it's one of the essential reasons why the community is so low in numbers and experimentation doesn't even exist: when you need to either make a purchase of a deck slots or to disassemble your deck just that you may try something new, guess what happens...
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 16 Sep 2019, 04:47

FFS, Encirclement of Berlin is disgusting. Please remind me to not to try it anymore, just like Drumbeat.
I played EASY and the AI starts with Horten on turn1 which I luckily kill somehow on my turn2. AI immediatelly replays the damned thing. on turn3 it completely clogs the board, and then finishes me on turn4 with Mass Confusion. EASY like Sunday morning..,
Tell me what's the point of this raid, I fail to understand it.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 16 Sep 2019, 16:12

Aine wrote:FFS, Encirclement of Berlin is disgusting. Please remind me to not to try it anymore, just like Drumbeat.

It depends...Berlin has a tilting point...after your raid deck gets strong enough, Berlin Easy and Med become...well...easy...
AI sometimes has a very strong hand and even with good deck you may have a bad ticket...but average damage of 700 or so is possible. Conversely...if AI plays dumb you can get over 1000 damage...

Bonus tip...Horten does no damage to planes ;)
(German planes are great at raids)

I know this can be a bad raid if deck not good enough...but it becomes a rewarding raid when you get it...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 16 Sep 2019, 17:32

@ Ass: just fyi, if you're somehow addressing my post - you're on my ignore list
Best regards.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Super! » 16 Sep 2019, 17:47

Aine wrote:@ Ass: just fyi, if you're somehow addressing my post - you're on my ignore list
Best regards.

Nice guy :shock:
Super!
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 17 Sep 2019, 19:12

I seriously doubt the math behind this raid. I played it for six times, and every tick the AI had the Horten, often on turn1 or turn2, sometimes even on multiple turns. This seems not okay, I really don(t understand how is such a consistency possible.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 18 Sep 2019, 07:55

Hello,

I think that I explained that before, but the chance to appear a card is similar to a player (always it depends in the amount of the deck cards that you or AI have). Also the AI always try to play the "best card" and legendary cards such as Horten have a lot of priority.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 18 Sep 2019, 19:54

mtormo wrote:Hello,

I think that I explained that before, but the chance to appear a card is similar to a player (always it depends in the amount of the deck cards that you or AI have). Also the AI always try to play the "best card" and legendary cards such as Horten have a lot of priority.

Regards,

Hi mtormo!
I remember your explanation, and I understand that the AI prioritizes strong cards. This is fine. But could the shuffler be incorrectly set up? This would mean that the chances are the same for both player and the AI, yet they are the same and wrong. The shuffling engine is based on some hypergeometric function, right? Is it possible that there'd be some kind of error and that it would make mistakes? I cannot tell if MY cards are served ok, coz I don't have any statistics on how often I draw the singletons, but for me it really feels like there's something wrong with the consistency of AI's Horten.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion