Raids after update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raids after update

Postby Aine » 09 Jul 2019, 19:06

There something strange with the difficulty. I finished Opera Z Easy in four tickets. Then today I played three ticks of Opera Z Medium and done 346 dmg which is 115 dmg/tick on average. I don't remember being it that difficult... :?:
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 10 Jul 2019, 11:08

I think difficulty is now more "variable"...some raids i get slaughtered on first few turns and damage is very low...
Then next try at same raid i make a strong line in turn 2 and i get lots of damage up to the end...

To me this happens in Hard and Expert raids...but it may be a general thing...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 19 Jul 2019, 05:19

What about Aleutian Invasion, did you tinker with the AI? Because I played this raid for the whole week, and the AI had NEVER upgraded the Black Sheep, even if I had 5+ planes in play and the AI had 2 APs remaining.
I'm not sad about it, but it seems weird and wrong.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 19 Jul 2019, 07:55

Hello,

The changes in the AI where "universal", it doesn't depend on the Raid that you're playing. There're "multiple combinations" and strategies that the AI doesn't know (or check) and we currently don't have plans to keep improving the AI (for now).

We tried our best to reduce the "biggest mistakes", but going further on this path would give the effect of the AI is cheating and we don't want this.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 19 Jul 2019, 11:34

Well, I'm not really sad that the AI doesn't kill my whole board anymore, but it's a weird behaviour. For example: the AI correctly places the Deploy ships to kill the most dangerous of my units, it very often has no problem with inteligent sequencing of plays, and then for no apparent reason it wastes two or three APs and finishes the turn without doing the most reasonable play, the upgrade of Black Sheep.
Once again, I'm mostly happy with the fact that I can finish the raids unopposed, but when the AI does the exact same mistake over and over again, it's really strange and noticeable.

Cheers
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 19 Jul 2019, 13:40

AI will upgrade black sheep on occasion...happened a few times...but i guess it is a random use of p51 upgrade or something...as it is rare...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 22 Jul 2019, 09:41

Hello,

"Unused points" from the AI was one of the things that we wanted to tackle with the improvements. There're still cases where it doesn't spend all its points but we are a bit hesitant to do more changes to the AI due to the feedback that we've received during these weeks.

We're now focusing on create new content to be delivered after the Summer and new improvements on the AI are not in the list right now.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 22 Jul 2019, 17:38

mtormo wrote:Hello,

"Unused points" from the AI was one of the things that we wanted to tackle with the improvements. There're still cases where it doesn't spend all its points but we are a bit hesitant to do more changes to the AI due to the feedback that we've received during these weeks.

We're now focusing on create new content to be delivered after the Summer and new improvements on the AI are not in the list right now.

Regards,

I think (but I may be in minority in this case) that the AI should spend its APs the best that it can. the difference in particular difficulties is mainly the APs difference (and yes, the life total). I don't think if the AI should be tweaked to behave worse on Easy and to act better on Expert, but I believe that it should always play to the best of its ability and be limited in it solely by the APs, but seeing how it's not on your priority list at least until fall of this year, I concede. After all, there will be much, much more data after summer, that it will warrant some tinkering with the AI.
As I wrote: I like how the AI and the decks in general are designed, and it's nice that I am not totally slaughtered by the AI, it's just so weird when you see the AI not using the last two APs, namely if it would really turn the tide of he battle.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 23 Jul 2019, 07:57

Hello,

The differences between Easy and Expert Difficulty are the Opponent's deck, the amount of action Points and the Health, the AI always plays with the same level of "intelligence".

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 23 Jul 2019, 10:53

Aine wrote:I think (but I may be in minority in this case) that the AI should spend its APs the best that it can.

I can agree with this...BUT it should be accompanied by other changes...

AI has EXTRA AP points to compensate for lack of "ability"...if AI improves and maintains the advantages (either deck or APs) it becomes too strong...

SO...further improvements in AI would require also changes to raids and missions...considerable changes if AI improves a lot (as we saw recently)
(Plus...the static campaigns may also be affected...not sure...i rarely play them)

I am NOT AGAINST AI improving...i see mostly advantages...but i "fear" the transition period ;)

As a side issue...Sgrad is different now...more playable also...but all raids still "feel" that AI "cheats".
I can rationally understand it doesn't, but Maus appears much more often now...and when AI uses the AP points to play, upgrade and equip it it can be unstoppable...
Not sure it Sgrad AI has 30 cards, and didn't did the math (i.e. check how often Maus really appears), but the "feeling" is that it is more than expected, particullary when it happens several times in a row...
I think AI now ALWAYS plays it in front of the strongest unit...which can be good or bad, but at least can help counter it...

I did like the new cards on our Sgrad deck, change is good...and i am at 50% win ratio i think, so it may be required to learn a bit more...this Maus rant is just a comment by now...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion