Raids after update

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Raids after update

Postby Aine » 29 Jun 2019, 12:25

Geez, are we back where we were? Except for Aleutian, all raids are pretty disgusting on Hard and Expert difficulty, and some of them are annoying even on Medium.
I played MEDIUM Encirclement for the last two days (And I'm still not done with it), and I had results like several sub-100 dmg finishes, some death on TurnLimit-3, every kind of nonsense. also, how big is the AI's starting hand, and/or is the computer limited to 1 Legendary/deck? Coz I had Horten facing me on turn1 in roughly every second game, and I encounter it in either turn1 or turn2 in about 75 % of games.
Last edited by Aine on 30 Jun 2019, 07:24, edited 1 time in total.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Raids after update

Postby unjashfan » 29 Jun 2019, 14:20

I am having similar results with raids too.

Encirclement raid on hard mode is nuts. I only play expert mode for the platoon raid, not sure if there's a difference. At least in hard mode, the AI deck has far too many ways to screw you over when combined with the passive AOE effect. There are quite a few units that deal damage on play. Hartmann will kill pretty much anything with base 8 HP or less (3+5 dmg), and he shows up VERY often. Brandenberger does not help (he also heals too), and Diamond Me 262 shuts down everyone's favourite German plane deck. Horten will destroy anything that doesn't fly. My German plane deck, with 6 diamonds, usually does less than 300 damage. Rommel is another problem for plane decks as well. Probably the most annoying card is confusion. It's basically NOSB in Barbarossa on steroids: It will kill your whole screen. Every single time. It's comedy gold when it's the last enemy turn and it doesn't make a difference, but otherwise, it's effectively a game ender. If you use many lvl 1 units, it's difficult to get a good draw and kill on play units like berger will end you. If you use a couple of big units, then passive damage, confusion, hartmann, etc. will end you since you're putting all your firepower in one basket. I have tried German planes, German tanks, American infantry, and Japanese ships (elite HEAT warheads abuse). All of these did less than 300 damage, some less than 100.

The other raid I find somewhat annoying is the British raid. The only thing I don't like about it is that Medium (and also easy I think) has the diamond thicker armor, which is a bit overkill.

One thing that irks me though is how German planes is effective against most raids. I bet there are other options, but those might be too costly for most players to invest in. And when you have a one deck fits all option, not many players would invest in other cards until much later. At least I am one of them.

Ta152
unjashfan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 29 Jun 2019, 20:44

Yeah, you're right about the Confusion. It's especially bad because AI has massive AP advantage, so it kills your whole board and it's still left with APs to further improve its own board. It's also pretty hard to play around it, as the passive AOE effect combined with that of Maus or Horten, simply cripples your units so that they are suspectible to Confusion. I don't know how to play around this, at least without Flag Raising, a card that I don't have and I don't plan to invest in.
Brandenburgers show a lot, and their healing effect is annoying, but it's a minor hindrance and those 15 HP would be lost in overall damage output, IF there'd be some dmg put out. They of course block their lane, and they are reusable and they don't care of toughness, but they are still nothing compared to Horten, Maus or Confi.
I play tanks, but I may switch to planes, because Horten is that much annoying. I just don't understand how can it show up so often, it must be around 50 % of games that I see it on turn1. Disgusting.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 30 Jun 2019, 07:48

Ok, so this is ridiculous. Remind you: I play a MEDIUM raid, and I need to deal last 242 dmg.

tick1:
Mull a crappy hand into a Tiger-only hand. AI play lots of stuff and kills my only unit with a deploy INF. Horten plus Maus on turn1.
I draw a solid hand for turn2 a deal a few dmg thanks to Hetzer. AI's turn2 leaves me without any unit again.
I'm struggling a bit, but lose most of my board to Maus. AI kills me on TurnsRemaining:2.
I dealt 76 dmg.

tick2:
Once again a crappy hand. AI kills all my units on turn1 with Hartmann and Brandenburgers, than still on turn1 plays Horten.
I play a pair of tanks, then I kill the Horten with Ramcke. AI is still threatening, but I somehow deal 50 more dmg beofre surrendering so that I may use the last two ticks.
124 dmg dealt, would be over 200 if I played for another turn.

tick3:
Solid hand of Panther+ElitePzII. AI plays flak, then follows with Maus, upgrades it, finishes the turn1 with Horten.
Ramcke stops Ai for one turn. I lose all my units except for the Panther on AI turn2, but I deal 17 dmg of the 18 necessary before surrendering.

tick4:
I got a crazy hand of Lehr, Elite PzII, PzII. The only tick where AI doesnt have a turn1 Horten.
Next turn I won, Maybe there was Horten waiting on top.

Number of Hortens played on turn1: 3 out of 4 possible.

This is insane. And this is Medium? With AI having five APs? Idk, maybe I need L2P.
I left the campaign, i left the missions, I left the pvp. Are raids the next?
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby dino66 » 30 Jun 2019, 12:42

Hi Devs,
I agree with the other players. Except British raids the other raids are more difficult after update on 01.06.2019.
Today I played Neptune easy raid and I could not finish it for around 100 points. Usually I finish it with 2 or 3 tickets, and today I didn't succeed with 4.Maybe I was not lucky, but every turn went out Brandenburgers and Legs and for dessert one time Confusion.This is insane.
You messed up the game with this smarter AI for PVP. You broke the Historical Missions, now the Raids. Probably more players will leave the game.
I expect your reply. Best regards.
dino66
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 01 Jul 2019, 07:35

Hello,

The adjustments that we did with the AI were only a few things while we see that Historical Missions require some changes because they're balanced with a specific deck, playing raids have a different setup. We highly reduced the difficulty some months ago and added more Raids to the mix so players can decide which one to play. The two basic raids (they're always available to play at least one) can be completed by a new player in easy difficulty, you can't expect to complete several raids in several difficulties in just one week.

We don't have plans to reduce the difficulty in raids on the next update (the update that will be adjusting the Historical Missions) and the damage done during the last months in raids are actually higher than expected (only counting the first 4 tickets of each player).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 01 Jul 2019, 09:57

In all honesty...Berlin raid is doable after you get a very good deck...but with the typical deck being german air, it is possible for many players...bv228 (or so) is key. (And horten is not a big issue when deck is airborne)
Not sure if there is a tilt point in deck strength...but in our platoon berlin is a good raid as it provides better rewards...

The only deck i have issues with is the brit raid...and even so i can do reasonable damage in easy and med...

My issue with raids is some killer AI cards that have no counter...only hope is praying it doesnt happen...like confusion...overall damage is ok...but they are annoying...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby unjashfan » 01 Jul 2019, 16:41

Berlin raid is doable after you get a very good deck

My question is: How long must one play in order to get a very good deck? Also what defines "a very good deck" and "doable"? Don't forget that for those who haven't reached this point yet, the process of getting there is VERY demoralizing, and they have fewer options, so it's far more likely they will quit the game before they get there.
My issue with raids is some killer AI cards that have no counter...only hope is praying it doesnt happen...like confusion...overall damage is ok...but they are annoying...

Seconded, except for the overall damage part. One of my platoon mates this week had negative total damage dealt on platoon raid for a couple days. If I am struggling to do 300 damage, that means newer players probably do less than 100. At the very least, healing is more pronounced in these raids. To expand on why I think it's demoralizing for new players, healing 15 HP of 300 damage is just 5%. 15 HP of 100 damage is 15%. The less damage we do, the bigger percentage healing becomes. Try to think from their perspective. What would your reaction be when most of your raid result is this:
I dealt 76 dmg.

BTW, 76x28=2128. This is enough to complete one solo raid, likely easy or medium only, which nets a max of 250 raid points. Sure, platoon raids make more raid points, but a couple hundred more per week does make a difference. I can complete 5-7 solo raids per week, which means I am making around 1000 more raid points per week (~400%) than the bare minimum, and I am sure our top players can earn more than that too.
damage done during the last months in raids are actually higher than expected (only counting the first 4 tickets of each player)

How much damage do you guys expect us to do? Also, what percentage of the total damage are dealt by our top players? If our top 10% of players are doing like 80% of the total damage, it's pretty obvious why people are complaining. ;)

Ta152
unjashfan
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby dino66 » 01 Jul 2019, 17:18

Hi Friends,
Just for statistics: Yesterday on Aleutian easy raid my first ticket - around 1000 dmg, my second ticket - around 500 dmg = around 1500 dmg
On Neptune easy raid with all four tickets - around 1700 dmg. I didn't finished the Neptune raid. This is madness.
I play with German diamond planes and tanks deck.
dino66
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby afturganga » 01 Jul 2019, 17:53

Hi all, when i read assassins post the summary will be : play the op german deck or dont raid. As a japs only player im far away of all that numbers shown by you guys so what should i expect of playing raids other than not taking part or not beeing a successfull member of a platoon.

Berlin raid, soviet raid and brit raid are a pain in the ass when trying them with my jap decks. It seemed you need far more diamond cards than the typically german raid deck and even than it is fragile for getting good results.

Perhaps , dear devs you shoul show us some good nongerman raid decks without the need of all diamond cards.

Kind regards
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to General Discussion