WW2 - Outbreak Expansion - Patch Notes

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: WW2 - Outbreak Expansion - Patch Notes

Postby mtormo » 06 May 2019, 08:36

Hello,

More or less works that way but we need to take into the account the position in the ladder. Creating decks with low values just for the sake to dodge other players and climb the ladder is something that doesn't make sense in a PvP rated system and therefore we added again the ELO value. The Matchmaking search is tied to the ELO and that means that you will progressively find stronger opponents only if you're increasing your ELO and getting to the top places.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby FFI_Normandi » 06 May 2019, 09:43

ok, I think you're right about that!
However, for a new player, the daily mission that consists to win 5pvp to have 100 gold is very important. I think that this is the greatest reason why new players play pvp and thus feed on the system…If it's getting harder (and that you have to spend a couple of hours a day to complete this mission), i fear that pvp will increasingly lose it's attractivity.
Maybe should you create an other daily mission where you can earn 100 gold? Or create pvp that grants ELO (ranked match) or not (non-ranked match). Therefore, new player can compete and earn 100 gold for 5 wins (non-ranked match) and top layers won't see players reaching top positions with weak desks.

Well, all of this is just to let you remember that new players are primarily playing for gold, which allows to open crates for new cards. This is the basic mechanic of the game, right? You have to keep them focus on this goal ^^
FFI_Normandi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ColonelWindy » 06 May 2019, 19:25

mtormo wrote:Hello,

More or less works that way but we need to take into the account the position in the ladder. Creating decks with low values just for the sake to dodge other players and climb the ladder is something that doesn't make sense in a PvP rated system and therefore we added again the ELO value. The Matchmaking search is tied to the ELO and that means that you will progressively find stronger opponents only if you're increasing your ELO and getting to the top places.

Regards,

I was Rank 2, 1944 was Rank 3; He used all diamond/legend elite cards; Mine are epic elites on average. You call this fair? What's the ELO difference between Rank 2 and Rank 3? What's the difference between diamond/legend elites and epic elites? Come on, don't fool me please, I know mathematics too sir.

Your current mechanism encourages older players snowball too hard. My suggestion is to create Deck Value Tiers, which allows new players who do not have diamond cards to compete against each other for better rewards.
ColonelWindy
Private
Private

Postby micko » 06 May 2019, 19:50

some guys play for fun...other for ranking....where you belong??.im playing this game 4 yrs....matchmaking is 300% better then before....not perfect....nothing is not perfect...so....play for fun :))
micko
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 07 May 2019, 14:52

mtormo wrote:- Profanity filter updated.

Small curiosity...this^^ made it much harder for players to mention my ingame name, even in abbreviated form :lol:
(Not a complaint...i understand the reason...just a fun fact)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Stone » 07 May 2019, 16:17

Hahahah, well, that's unfortunate! We definitely had to update it because it was quite outdated to be honest! I will think about a solution to this particular issue and will update the release notes accordingly, thanks for the heads up a**a**in ;)
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby ColonelWindy » 17 May 2019, 20:58

Hi Devs,

I'm reporting a suspected bug re: Johnnie Johnson, the Brit plane. It seems his "returning to base" changes the plane's hp to 6 regardless of the stat boost from items, which does not quite make sense; there are plenty of orders or card skills that can deliver 6hp damage at cost of only 1 AP.

BTW, I really like your new UI, especially the new fonts :)

Regards,
ColonelWindy
ColonelWindy
Private
Private

Postby mtormo » 20 May 2019, 08:37

Hello,

This is intended, the ability changes your card to 6 health regarding the items, or debuffs/buffs that the card has received. We're looking this card for balance purposes in future updates specially in Elite and Diamond versions.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Previous

Return to General Discussion