Valsolo vs Ilya. Best game so far!!!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Valsolo vs Ilya. Best game so far!!!

Postby Valsolo » 29 May 2014, 14:48

Hmm.. Me too...this is was I saw b4 I got my "victory message":
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (49.24 KiB) Viewed 1435 times
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 29 May 2014, 15:04

This is sad (connection or whatever it problem).

Another question, what if we add each other to friends in facebook and play by this option? This will be rating matches or like 1vs1 without rating?
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 29 May 2014, 15:19

ilya wrote:This is sad (connection or whatever it problem).

Another question, what if we add each other to friends in facebook and play by this option? This will be rating matches or like 1vs1 without rating?

PM sent Ilya
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Valsolo » 29 May 2014, 17:25

Tried the FB invite. It said Ilya has accepted, the "synchronize counter" started, went to zero, "match cancelled"...
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 29 May 2014, 17:44

I am now not in the game at all. Earlier I tried it too and saw the same — accepted and cancelled, and I known Valsolo was offline.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Stone » 29 May 2014, 17:58

Hi again guys,

We have been running some tests and found something that "might" be causing the error. The bad news is, we are not 100% sure why is this happening because it is a really weird and difficult to track issue, since it only happens randomly like you guys say.

There are actually plenty of options that could cause the error, from something as simple as a connectivity fall when executing specific operations on the server to a failure registering the devices on the server while playing, anyways, the next app update will come with fixes which most probably will fix all these suffering. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you a few questions in order to narrow a little bit the problem, do you guys always play on the same device? Always with wi-fi? If you do play with wi-fi: do you normally experience internet falls?

Let me take the chance to thank you beforehand for all the information you can provide, it will really help me find and kill these problems! :)

See you on the battlefield!

ps: Just reading your last post, let me give you some info of how FB matches work, they are not ranked, otherwise it'd be very easy to "hack" the system and win points. Secondly, since that game mode is still not very used (we might boost it a little bit with your suggestions), for now it's working as intended. i.e. when you send an invitation to a Facebook friend, the sender will automatically receive the "'x' person has received the match request". This obviously doesn't mean that the opponent (your FB friend) has automatically accepted the match, we are -so far- assuming that when two Facebook friends try to engage in battle they are both online and waiting to receive the invitation. In a near future we might add an in-game chat that will make all this communications easier without having to leave the app and chat via Facebook. Hope that makes all that clear!
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby ilya » 29 May 2014, 18:16

Stone, thank you very much for keeping us informed and for clarification of things, so appreciate.

do you guys always play on the same device? Always with wi-fi? If you do play with wi-fi: do you normally experience internet falls?

All this games I played on the same device (iPad3) and on the same hi-speed and stable wi-fi.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 29 May 2014, 19:33

ilya wrote:Stone, thank you very much for keeping us informed and for clarification of things, so appreciate.

do you guys always play on the same device? Always with wi-fi? If you do play with wi-fi: do you normally experience internet falls?

All this games I played on the same device (iPad3) and on the same hi-speed and stable wi-fi.

Thx guys for the info!

Yupp last 7 days all my games are been played from my iPad mini retina. Though all "chat msgs" game info also pop up on my other iPad (ie the "it's your turn msgs). They come up as notifications. But that's goo, cuz I don't always register what Ilya is typing on the device I use for the actual game.
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Valsolo » 29 May 2014, 22:17

Ilya,
On this last game my iPad died (battery). But I believe that you'd beat me anyway on that game.
Btw, Think I'm gonna go back to my original deck. It was more fun. The way we'd played the last 5 games it's just a matter of getting the fast cards out & whoever gets the most of those wins - or to get a "while" and get the M2 attached :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby ilya » 30 May 2014, 07:01

Yes, this deck is powerful as is, but fine tuning of cards balance and playing tactic is very important. For example, how to beat similar deck or at least have more chances to win. Building, tuning and testing this deck for a week I find it deeper than looks.

Most weak side of this deck is playing against promoting units. And this is another big part of fine tuning and tactics.

I'm not finished with this deck for now but I think I'm close. ;) Next step will be to find counter-fast cards deck. This not mean to not use of fast cards, but to use less of them but to have more chances to win. It's looks like interesting puzzle.
ilya
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion