Better Equipment?

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Better Equipment?

Postby sleonardo » 18 May 2014, 02:19

Not sure if I totally grasp Better Equipment...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Better Equipment is selectively useful. Useful if I'm promoting a unit and the cost of the promotion is more than the cost of moves?

What am I missing? Seems rather conditional unless there are many Great Gustav like cards that costs 3 to go from private to major and another 3 from major to general...
sleonardo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Better Equipment?

Postby JordanBei » 18 May 2014, 05:43

I seen it played a few times and I am pretty sure it uses 1 action point to promote
Most units cost 2 action points to promote so it should be useful
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Valsolo » 18 May 2014, 09:34

sleonardo wrote:Not sure if I totally grasp Better Equipment...

Correct me if I'm wrong, Better Equipment is selectively useful. Useful if I'm promoting a unit and the cost of the promotion is more than the cost of moves?

What am I missing? Seems rather conditional unless there are many Great Gustav like cards that costs 3 to go from private to major and another 3 from major to general...

Having 2 of them in my deck is mandatory for me. Managing to play a unit AND upgrade it during the same turn, can be decisive for the unit to survive the turn. This can turn the tide in ones favour :)
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby sleonardo » 18 May 2014, 14:11

I agree that there is use for it but not in all situations. Let's break it down.

If a unit costs 1 to promote from Private to Major (NO, because its even so why even use a card)

If a unit costs 2 to promote from Private to Major (YES, you are ahead by one action point)

If a unit costs 3 to promote from Private to Major (YES and the only one I can think of is the Great Gustav. You are ahead by 2 action points)

If a unit costs 1 to promote from Major to General (NO, but I dont think there is any card in this category. You will lose 1 action point going this route.)

If a unit costs 2 to promote from Major to General (NO, because its even so why even use a card)

If a unit costs 3 to promote from Major to General (YES, you will behead 1 action point)

Is that accurate? At least that's my understanding so if you deck is full of cards that meet this situation then its a good choice to bring this card. If your card has many of the ones that require 1 point to go from private to major and 2 points from major to general, then no... Examples include 184th Rifle Div, Lehr Div, 1st Rangers, M36 Jackson, Kamikaze, Type 4 Ka-Tsu, First Element Ichiki, Type 97 Te-Ke.

Thoughts?
sleonardo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 18 May 2014, 14:58

There are more cards that cost 3 to upgrade to the first level (off the top,of my head I remember Gustaf gun, Tigertank, 5th division inf & an airplane). So if one uses any of those, it's imperative to use the better eq card. Than there are some cards who have cheap upgrade (1/2) for the first level, than 3 for the general level.

But hey, use it or not. It's up to the player :)
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to General Discussion