Strategy thoughts

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Strategy thoughts

Postby wolf » 28 Jan 2015, 11:19

If you want to finish the later campaign missions with 3 stars you will need specific uncommon cards.
There are a few units that promote for 1 and have "fast".
Keep these and figure out yourself how to use them, I won`t spoil your fun when deck building :P
wolf
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 28 Jan 2015, 11:35

wolf wrote:If you want to finish the later campaign missions with 3 stars you will need specific uncommon cards.
There are a few units that promote for 1 and have "fast".
Keep these and figure out yourself how to use them, I won`t spoil your fun when deck building :P

I will give it a try...tks for the tip...
Assassin
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Proxenus » 17 May 2015, 04:24

Hey all,

Are there really uncommon cards that help to win the later levels? I can't get past level 120, so maybe it's because I'm not considering my uncommon cards?

Proxenus
Proxenus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby 5Cats » 17 May 2015, 05:30

There's several non-Epic and non-Legends that are VERY useful!

Maps: that 'fast' ability is really very handy in PvE! It makes Russian Artillery extra-deadly. NKVD (Shock Hat) is also handy!

The "kill for AP" cards are all low: Search N Destroy, Guerrilla Warfare (5 dam/AP), even Play Ball (kills armour)

Bazooka has good numbers! Camo Nets can do good against the AI (but not too much in PvP).

I also find the AI has a terrible time with the Matilda, for those of us who have no Tortoise... :lol:

Mostly it's about adapting your deck to the specific level. After 130 it's just about getting the "right" cards on turn 1 and hoping they survive the onslaught of r-2 AI units... :x

For 120? It's lots of damage fast, right? The MP-40 which adds brutality is nice on the Marines, it's common. Well, 'rare'... lolz! Below Epic!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby T_e_K » 17 May 2015, 10:44

Proxenus wrote:Hey all,

Are there really uncommon cards that help to win the later levels? I can't get past level 120, so maybe it's because I'm not considering my uncommon cards?

Proxenus

Prepare your anus buddy, from level 110 onwards, it's like 1/2 mission is a "defeat the ennemy in X turn", with Gen. Stone having lvl2. Brandenburgers / Onoda and stuff. Really, really annoying.

For these levels, it's just about luck. Get Marines + every boost you have and pray for getting the cards in the good order (my personal favorite is giving him Sniper + Brutality and then boosting him non-stop with "Exercise Tiger"), you can also try heavy damage dealers if you have a Browning equipment (I don't). The uncommon cards they're mentionning are more useful for the "destroy units" missions.

I have a question also for me: I'm stuck at level 147 (I'm close yay!). But how in hell am I supposed to kill 16x tanks / infantry while playing 8x planes?

I mean, I don't even have a single Stuka or bomber-style aircraft :(
T_e_K
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 17 May 2015, 21:34

T_e_K wrote:
Proxenus wrote:I have a question also for me: I'm stuck at level 147 (I'm close yay!). But how in hell am I supposed to kill 16x tanks / infantry while playing 8x planes?

I mean, I don't even have a single Stuka or bomber-style aircraft :(

It was some time ago...but i think i used lots of instant kill abilities...like bazooka...and such...makes aircraft kill tanks and infantry...better even with mustang...

And "Not one step back" is a must have for these...i think i drew it a couple times on some difficult missions...and it was part of the solution...

Stuka didnt even exist...and i actually think it is a pretty useless card anyway...
Assassin
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby Proxenus » 17 May 2015, 23:05

Cats,

Yeah, I know there are plenty rares that are invaluable, but I was asking specifically for uncommons like wolf mentioned. And 120 is a "Defeat in X turns" level, so destroy cards don't help a TON. What about cards like "Winning a All Costs"? Is that worth using? I find it makes your units too weak to make the attack boost helpful.

t_e_k,

Yeah, I've noticed....

Assassin,

Thanks for the tips. I've tried some of those, but don't have "Exercise Tiger."

Proxenus
Proxenus
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby gunmun » 13 Jun 2017, 20:52

one of my fave trump combos uses the T-100-Z with either landing craft or maybach engine to 'turn it on' (hezter would work too but I don't have that) better equipment or propaganda to upgrade it swiftly as at 3rd rank it's stat's at 25/8 with brutalize adding either superior optics to get sniper at rank 3 or minenraumer for armor and repair or tommy gun for the +1/+! each turn. the end result is a pretty tough card that'll kill anythignt hat gets in frount of it.
gunmun
Private
Private

Previous

Return to General Discussion