Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby mtormo » 28 Nov 2018, 08:51

Hello,

First for all thanks for your feedback, we'd love to know your opinion on the challenges too (which one did you find interesting, what are you missing,...). About the other two pieces of feedback:

- Golden Battle Pass Rewards: We tried to aim for both new and veteran players, we'll try to keep improving on this point.

- Bonus/Craft Season Rewards: The idea behind would be to have more options to craft (giving a "reward" to those players who complete the challenge but if you join the game later, you still have the option to obtain the basic craft but not the challenge option). These cards give new options and force the players to decide which one they prefer and also give different options when you start a new faction deck (for new players and veteran players that want to try a new deck).

The following cards will be the grenades and after that we'll have 5 "iconic" Orders such as Better Equipment (from each faction). After that we'll start with the faction/type of unit cards and we were thinking that we can do some "friendly tournaments" with you guys and the winner will receive the "prize" to choose which iconic card that we have in the game should be re-edited as a challenge card (we're still taking about this!).

Regards,
User avatar
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 18:47

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Assassin » 28 Nov 2018, 16:54

As to the tasks and rewards...

I don't recall all of them...but i think the relationship between difficulty and reward is not always correct...some easy tasks provide nice rewards...and some very hard ones provide almost nothing...can be more precise next month as i dont remember anymore what task was what...

The 10 Hard Missions win in a row is a much harder task than any other...not sure if deliberate...but will be hard to do every month...

I liked the tasks that required specific factions in PVP...

The tasks that required specific card levels...and low level cards (like uncommon or rare) required some "imagination"...so we could have cards like that on competitive PVP decks. Some players simply made low level decks and accepted the defeats...you cant fight diamonds with rares... ;)
Not sure if this was intended...

A specific rewards i keep looking for is an EPIC (or Legendary) card...not sure if too much to ask...but many players keep opening packs and selling back all cards below epic to try again...until they run out of gold...
Any rewards or trade system that allowed you to get a "guaranteed" EPIC (with odds at legendary) would be welcom by veteran players...

For instance...a "General" pack for Sealords/Stronghold (guaranteed 1 EPIC)...purchasable with ingame currency...if priced at 1000 i would buy them for sure...even at 1500 i would be tempted...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby mtormo » 29 Nov 2018, 08:59

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback, next month the challenges will change (some are similar or exactly the same, but we add new ones). Usually, the harder the challenge better the reward, but there're some exceptions so new players have access to "easy" rewards too.

About guaranteed "epics" chests and similar, we currently don't have plans to increase the size of shop, if it's already overwhelming for new players, but we'll try to optimize the rewards in places such as raids, missions and challenges to help on this point in the future.

Regards,
User avatar
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 18:47

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Pieterr » 29 Nov 2018, 12:20

Hey Marc,

My opinion on the challenges you've presented:
- A winning streak of 10 hard missions in a row: I found this the hardest challenge you've presented to me. I also got the biggest thrill out of it once I've accomplished it.
- Play 100 single/team raids: The month november has 30 days. So 30 days times 4 (tickets per day) is 120 attemps. This challenge can be finished and it encourages players to be/remain active. I liked this one!
- Win 100 hard missions: A nice challenge. Also got a thrill out of this one when accomplished.
- Win 3 PvP battles playing only cards of one specific faction: I was rather surprised by these challenges. I've made a few decks with low rarity cards and beat some bots to get the job done.
- The campaign challenges were easy to me.
- The crafting challenges weren't that hard too
- Although I don't play a lot of PvP, I can see that some challenges encourage other players to play PvP which is a good thing to my opinion.
- Earn an amount of gold: Nice challenge but only a matter of time if you play regularly
- Open 10 enlisted chests: same story,.. If you play regularly, it shouldn't be a problem. If you would have asked open 4 general chests, it would lead to the same result I suppose. But it encourages people to play, so I like it.

My opinion on the challenges I'm missing,...
The only thing that I can really think of is "Playing a (specific quantity) of friendly PvP battles.

Other challenges (ideas)
- Register to forum;
- Defeat a player in PVP with a higher ranking than yourself;
- Win the campaign mission nr. ??? 3 times in a row with 3 stars;
- Send 5 messages on the platoonchat;
- Make 20.000 platoonpoints in a single week (or maybe a chain here: 5k, 10k, 15k then 20k)
- Win x amount of specific hard missions (could be a chain here too);
- Craft an epic (or higher) into a epic (legendary) elite)

Hope this feedback will be of any help to you.

About friendly tournaments,..
I am very glad that you've announced that you'll be launching them yourselves. About the friendly tournament that I've launched (and which you've monitored) I can say that it was fun to play. I think I can speak so for everybody who were involved.
But I have to admit that it wasn't all good. First thing I'd like to mention here was that only a few players signed up for it. I'd expected more enthoustic players. So this was rather a dissapointment to me. Secondly, I'd like to mention the non-sense I've got about it on the global chat: A player (from ICU) told me that they weren't allowed to play "friendly" PvP. Other players complained about that no rewards were involved so it was a waste of their time. Finally, some players (like assassin) told me that they couldn't find the time to play a friendly tournament. (I'll wonder if they find the time when rewards are getting involved when you take over,... I apologize for my sarcasme here). I've really had the feeling that the "friendly tournaments" which I've launced have been boycotted by quite a number of players. Of course,... I can't prove this. So I'm not pointing a finger at anyone. It could have been a combination of my own dissapointment and the BS I've got on global which causes such a feeling.

Thanks for reading, if you have any further questions then please let me know.

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 16:36
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Assassin » 30 Nov 2018, 00:21

Pieterr wrote:- Play 100 single/team raids: The month november has 30 days. So 30 days times 4 (tickets per day) is 120 attemps. This challenge can be finished and it encourages players to be/remain active. I liked this one!
- Win 100 hard missions: A nice challenge. Also got a thrill out of this one when accomplished.
Small notes...
The first can be an issue in platoons that finish all raids early.
The second was play 100 hard mission...not win
About friendly tournaments,..
But I have to admit that it wasn't all good. First thing I'd like to mention here was that only a few players signed up for it. I'd expected more enthoustic players. So this was rather a dissapointment to me. Secondly, I'd like to mention the non-sense I've got about it on the global chat: A player (from ICU) told me that they weren't allowed to play "friendly" PvP. Other players complained about that no rewards were involved so it was a waste of their time. Finally, some players (like assassin) told me that they couldn't find the time to play a friendly tournament. (I'll wonder if they find the time when rewards are getting involved when you take over,... I apologize for my sarcasme here). I've really had the feeling that the "friendly tournaments" which I've launced have been boycotted by quite a number of players.

To be clear...
No boycott in j4f...any player can play whatever he wants...no rule or even suggestion was made

And yes...it is about REWARDS...no sarcasm needed...I never tried to hide it...
I have limited time to play and I want better cards...so I play what provides REWARDS...no secret...perhaps I wasn't clear
Pretty sure other players simply feel the same...but I didn't said so too loudly or tried to influence anyone...would be glad you had more players
And of course I will play if rewards are involved...not sure what that says about me, but again no secret agenda

In short...I may be too capitalistic, but I never thought friendly pvp would work without rewards
(But again...no boycott...guess others are capitalists...even in Russia these days ;) )
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1381
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby mtormo » 30 Nov 2018, 08:42

Thanks for your feedback!

At the end, friendly pvp is a tool that has potential to do a lot of things but depends on the players, I think we can't do anything there ourselves.

Regards,
User avatar
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 1374
Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 18:47

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby chuck » 30 Nov 2018, 11:35

mtormo wrote:Thanks for your feedback!

At the end, friendly pvp is a tool that has potential to do a lot of things but depends on the players, I think we can't do anything there ourselves.

Regards,


Hello,

I'm sorry for my opinion, if you feel it in different way. But you surely can do a lot for friendly tournament. The main problem are missing rewards and you can provide them.
chuck
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 16 Jul 2016, 09:50

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby chuck » 30 Nov 2018, 11:40

Pieterr wrote: A player (from ICU) told me that they weren't allowed to play "friendly" PvP.


It is bullshit, no this regulation is in ICU. So, don't harm ICU platoon Pieter !!! Maybe you could give me a name who said this nonsense to PM. Thank you!!!
chuck
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
 
Posts: 76
Joined: 16 Jul 2016, 09:50

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby ice7 » 30 Nov 2018, 13:03

Pieterr wrote:Hey Marc,

My opinion on the challenges you've presented:
- A winning streak of 10 hard missions in a row: I found this the hardest challenge you've presented to me. I also got the biggest thrill out of it once I've accomplished it.
- Play 100 single/team raids: The month november has 30 days. So 30 days times 4 (tickets per day) is 120 attemps. This challenge can be finished and it encourages players to be/remain active. I liked this one!
- Win 100 hard missions: A nice challenge. Also got a thrill out of this one when accomplished.
- Win 3 PvP battles playing only cards of one specific faction: I was rather surprised by these challenges. I've made a few decks with low rarity cards and beat some bots to get the job done.
- The campaign challenges were easy to me.
- The crafting challenges weren't that hard too
- Although I don't play a lot of PvP, I can see that some challenges encourage other players to play PvP which is a good thing to my opinion.
- Earn an amount of gold: Nice challenge but only a matter of time if you play regularly
- Open 10 enlisted chests: same story,.. If you play regularly, it shouldn't be a problem. If you would have asked open 4 general chests, it would lead to the same result I suppose. But it encourages people to play, so I like it.

My opinion on the challenges I'm missing,...
The only thing that I can really think of is "Playing a (specific quantity) of friendly PvP battles.

Other challenges (ideas)
- Register to forum;
- Defeat a player in PVP with a higher ranking than yourself;
- Win the campaign mission nr. ??? 3 times in a row with 3 stars;
- Send 5 messages on the platoonchat;
- Make 20.000 platoonpoints in a single week (or maybe a chain here: 5k, 10k, 15k then 20k)
- Win x amount of specific hard missions (could be a chain here too);
- Craft an epic (or higher) into a epic (legendary) elite)

Hope this feedback will be of any help to you.

About friendly tournaments,..
I am very glad that you've announced that you'll be launching them yourselves. About the friendly tournament that I've launched (and which you've monitored) I can say that it was fun to play. I think I can speak so for everybody who were involved.
But I have to admit that it wasn't all good. First thing I'd like to mention here was that only a few players signed up for it. I'd expected more enthoustic players. So this was rather a dissapointment to me. Secondly, I'd like to mention the non-sense I've got about it on the global chat: A player (from ICU) told me that they weren't allowed to play "friendly" PvP. Other players complained about that no rewards were involved so it was a waste of their time. Finally, some players (like assassin) told me that they couldn't find the time to play a friendly tournament. (I'll wonder if they find the time when rewards are getting involved when you take over,... I apologize for my sarcasme here). I've really had the feeling that the "friendly tournaments" which I've launced have been boycotted by quite a number of players. Of course,... I can't prove this. So I'm not pointing a finger at anyone. It could have been a combination of my own dissapointment and the BS I've got on global which causes such a feeling.

Thanks for reading, if you have any further questions then please let me know.

Cheers,


Well Pieter is a nonsense what you are writing. In ICU nobody was banned or told not to play the tournament. I played it and John did so please stop spreading lies on the forum. Some players may not like the of tournament, so is their free will.

I understand as a crearor of it you would like many players to take part of. Sometimes just idea isn't good enough for many to follow.

I like the idea but just moved to another coutry and started a new job and I am short of time.

Good luck with tournament. I hope to be a part of it soon. You can be sure ICU will never not alkow our members to play it as we have never done so
ice7
Private
Private
 
Posts: 18
Joined: 27 Jul 2016, 18:01
Location: Poland, Tri-city

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Pieterr » 30 Nov 2018, 14:42

@ chuck : Check your pm
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
 
Posts: 440
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 16:36
Location: The Netherlands

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests