Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards)

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Nov 1st, 2018 Update (Battle Pass + Friendly PvP + Cards

Postby Stone » 01 Nov 2018, 17:49

Quest 42 for instance...I don't see any description...but it has a reward!?!
And quest 6...no description and no reward...is this ok?

Hi Assassin, if by no description you mean there's no "challenge slot" on the "Challenges" section yes, it is normal.That's because it's a chain, the challenge slot with its description will appear under the Challenges section as soon as you have completed and claimed the previous challenges for that one. Only the last challenge of a chain will give a reward.

The summarized information about this can be found when clicking on the 3rd tab (Information).

Hope this helped,

Chris
Christian "Stone" Gascons
World War II: TCG - Admin
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 02 Nov 2018, 12:36

Ok. Got it.

You get LESS than 50 available challenges AT START. But as you make the CHAINED challenges, new challenges appear until you get 50 (if you do all chained challenges). Correct? (seems so as i now see challenge 42...after doing some chained challenges)

However...i am under the impression i did some NOT CHAINED challenges which had no BASIC reward...none. Is this by design?
One i recall is one that required winning 3 PVP matches using only german cards...but i think there were more...

EDIT:
Not a critical issue...just wondering if feature, bug...or me not getting something...

Like the challenges concept...rewards are not great (in Basic) but gives us something different to do...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Stone » 02 Nov 2018, 12:42

You get LESS than 50 available challenges AT START. But as you make the CHAINED challenges, new challenges appear until you get 50 (if you do all chained challenges). Correct? (seems so as i now see challenge 42...after doing some chained challenges)

You are completely right! Also, indeed by design some of the challenges don't have Basic rewards.

We are glad that overall most of you guys like this new feature, even though there are some of the Basic rewards that are not breathtaking indeed, you have to bear in mind that you will be able to do these challenges every month, getting similar rewards at no cost.

Cheers!
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 02 Nov 2018, 12:48

Ok...to be clear...i LIKE the concept and execution and am having fun...players are always asking for better rewards... :D
(Still a bit odd not to have ANY rewards for a challenge...loses the purpose no?...i think even a minimal 25 gold or so would make more sense)

Just a couple clarifications...not so clear in the description...and better to avoid misundertandings...

1) I unlocked the special medals for the event...but i am not sure how long i have to craft them? Until end of month? Or "forever"?
Reason i ask is because this will require BPs and i need to decide what to buy first...

2) If a player upgrades the Pass in the middle of the month he will get all rewards he already could have claimed for THAT ENTIRE MONTH, correct?
In the worst case scenario...player can get all 50 rewards in Basic...upgrade on 30th November and then instantly get all 50 rewards in Gold, correct?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 02 Nov 2018, 12:52

Information about the Battle Pass Season 11 - 2018

The Challenge 42 (Craft a Diamond Card) doesn't work properly. If you crafted a Diamond Card while having the challenge please contact us in the forums or at the e-mail support@frozenshard.com with your username and the date that you crafted the card and we'll fix it.

This issue will be fixed next week (5-11 of November).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 05 Nov 2018, 10:17

Assassin wrote:1) I unlocked the special medals for the event...but i am not sure how long i have to craft them? Until end of month? Or "forever"?
Reason i ask is because this will require BPs and i need to decide what to buy first...

2) If a player upgrades the Pass in the middle of the month he will get all rewards he already could have claimed for THAT ENTIRE MONTH, correct?
In the worst case scenario...player can get all 50 rewards in Basic...upgrade on 30th November and then instantly get all 50 rewards in Gold, correct?

Can i have a OFFICIAL reply to this pls? Both questions have direct effect on resources management... :D
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Stone » 05 Nov 2018, 10:24

Hi Assassin,

Sorry it looks like we missed your post, to answer your question one by one:

1) I unlocked the special medals for the event...but i am not sure how long i have to craft them? Until end of month? Or "forever"?

You can craft them forever, the only "timed" event here is the unlocking, once you have completed the Challenge on time (i.e. within the same month the challenge is active) the card gets "crafteable" forever in your account.

Correct, all the Golden rewards not received while completing challenges under the Basic Battle pass will be received, instantly, right after the purchase of the Golden Battle Pass.

Correct! I would advise, nevertheless, not to wait to the very last minute (when the servers perform the season switch) to do that for obvious reasons :)

Regards,
Stone
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby mtormo » 05 Nov 2018, 15:50

Hello,

We just launched a new update (available in all platforms, except for iOS, probably tomorrow) to fix the issue with crafting a Diamond Card (challenge 42) and the issue with consecutive wins after using a boost.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 27 Nov 2018, 11:40

Hello,

After, nearly a month of the introduction of your Battle Pass feature, I'd like to grab the opportunity to give you my feedback on it.
I've bought your golden battle pass,..
I've finished all challenges that you've presented to me.

Let's start with the rewards I've gained and how I feel about them

1) I've gained a epic elite Iron Cross BP.
Good thing about it it that it saves me crafting 5 epics into this item. You could also say: I've got 5 epics and 500 gold (all at once) as this Iron Cross BP was presented to me in (already) its epic elite form. Sad thing is that I've already crafted a diamond Iron Cross in the past. In other words: Crafting this newly gained Iron Cross BP into a diamond would be a waste of my previous resources.
2) As I recall I've gained about 1.650 raid coins. To me, this is the real benefit here. However, 20 euro's for a 1.650 raid coins is a bad deal.
3) Also gained a lot of dutycoins. As for me, I suppose I have the luxury that I almost have all cards. So I can't make them to use. I'm stacking them up for better purposes in the future.
4) Also gained a lot of gold. Could spend it on opening chests which I did a few times. Result: a few chances on obtaining the cards that I'm really after.
5) Gained a few chests as well. Outcome was more of the same cards.

Overall, I can see that purchasing this golden battlepass could be quite nice if you're rather new to this game. Although, this has been what I expected it to (before purchasing your golden battlepass) I've supported it anyway. Like I've said, it's quite an amount of money if you consider that the real benefit (to me!) are the raid coins.

Before I'll end this feedback. I'll leave you with a question: Could you share with us what the next months battlepass reward will be?

Hope this feedback will be of any use to you, Thanks for reading,

Cheers
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 27 Nov 2018, 18:10

Just to add to Pieter...

I didnt buy the battle pass...but expect to do get all free rewards...still have a couple that i expect to end this week...the raid stuff took some time.
The free rewards are interesting, not being spectacular...as in the paid pass, there are other ways to get better stuff.
Free rewards are much better in missions...always were ;)
Veteran players are probably better investing real money on the SPECIFIC cards they want.

HOWEVER...it is still a way to get some rewards and gives something different to do...so a nice update.

Particularly interesting are the special cards...there is some redundancy as we get two diamond (and epic elite) versions of the Medals (on each faction)...but this is good to me as it is something veteran players can use IN ALTERNATIVE (not increasing the advantage).
Of course that these new cards require AGAIN base medals...In my case i never made the Brit medal so i can now decide WHICH i will make. But most veteran players wont probably have the base (i.e. epic) medals as they spent them for the original diamond version and so will take some time to get the necessary cards...

I would like to know what is the rationale that will be followed for the bonus cards...in order to understand which cards i should save...probably already sold cards i shouldn't have ;)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion