PvP

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: PvP

Postby fs_p0s8095tg » 26 Oct 2018, 09:18

In my experience there are plenty of high level players who are below 500 apart. I play then constantly!
fs_p0s8095tg
Private
Private

Postby Truckeye » 28 Oct 2018, 00:09

They can make vastly different bot decks to fill the gaps too. Just look at some of the Raid decks that are no fun to play. could pair those for top decks and make 4 levels of decks to better fit players looking for a game.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 28 Oct 2018, 08:55

Truckeye wrote:They can make vastly different bot decks to fill the gaps too. Just look at some of the Raid decks that are no fun to play. could pair those for top decks and make 4 levels of decks to better fit players looking for a game.

I personally would like stronger bots...but many players will be unhappy if they start losing to bots...like you said...tough raids are not fun...

By the way...nowadays the only really annoying raid is the Brit one I think...Japanese and Berlin can be done reasonably...at least in easy and med...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Lovesalooser » 01 Jan 2019, 18:47

I get constantly paired with players who have decks stuffed with legends and epics. Not funny, so I stopped PvP.
Lovesalooser
Private
Private

Postby Truckeye » 18 Feb 2019, 01:45

So today I went to get my 5 PVP. I am an unranked player, and got matched vs the #1 ranked player 4 out of 5 games. JW was kind enough to stay out of the que for me to get my last 2 wins for the day. Again, what kind of messed up matching puts someone vs the top ranked player time after time? Not one other player was online? not one bot was available? No other similar matched people were available? Its very frustrating, even if I did sneak 1 win from JW. I wouldn't want to play vs a human I was overmatched vs 5x in a row either.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 19 Feb 2019, 15:13

Truckeye wrote:So today I went to get my 5 PVP. I am an unranked player, and got matched vs the #1 ranked player 4 out of 5 games. JW was kind enough to stay out of the que for me to get my last 2 wins for the day. Again, what kind of messed up matching puts someone vs the top ranked player time after time? Not one other player was online? not one bot was available? No other similar matched people were available? Its very frustrating, even if I did sneak 1 win from JW. I wouldn't want to play vs a human I was overmatched vs 5x in a row either.

Few comments...

If you got a win, then the match was "acceptable"...unless it was an extremely lucky event.
The daily duties should not be vs bots...it is a prize to reward PVP...not Player vs Bot ;) I know how it sounds...but players should not be trying to get the bots and avoid other humans...defeats the purpose.

The other part i can agree much more. Playing vs much stronger decks is not fun...and should be the exception NOT THE RULE...but it is a required exception...or JW and others like him won't have many to play against...

And yes,having 4 or more matches vs same player IS BORING (sometimes even if they are evenly matched)...
Game should regulate this...JW should only get lower rank players SOMETIMES when he is on queue for some time...BUT the overall number of players and the time JW spends on game makes it inevitable that he will meet lower rank players A LOT. We cant have J4F players around the clock for him...and he already overmatches most of us anyway ;)

As to using RANK for matchmaking...not the only solution and should not be...many players are not ranked and have better decks than most top 10 ranked players...so DECK strength or past seasons should also be used...and perhaps they were...
Good examples would be Alex, Thrax or Pieterr...not in ranking lately and some of the deadliest decks around...

AND as we all know...BEST SOLUTION would simply be MORE PLAYERS... ;)
(But bear in mind...in the IMMEDIATE FUTURE there are VERY VERY FEW players that can beat JW top deck a lot...so for him to have opponents, some unbalanced matches are unavoidable...i used to think of this as "learning opportunities" so i could see what cards to invest in...as far as it wasn't the only opponent it does work)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 24 Feb 2019, 07:58

omg, PVP is soooo much fun. I mean, after several weeks I played two matches to fulfill the 50 units duty, and it was unbearable.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Truckeye » 06 Mar 2019, 05:07

Assassin, I know Im going to get JW and some ranked players in the dailies, but 4 out of 5x vs same person is ridiculous unless player initiated. I dont mind playing vs him or other real people. I mind playing a wide deck gap over and over again vs the same person. I wouldn't want to play vs a noob 4/5x either.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to General Discussion