PvP

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

PvP

Postby Truckeye » 12 Oct 2018, 03:15

Is this game attracting any new people? Always the same crowd in PvP. Which is ok, but not playing the same person 4x in a row. Come on FS, there has to be a better way.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: PvP

Postby Aine » 12 Oct 2018, 07:20

Truckeye wrote:Is this game attracting any new people? Always the same crowd in PvP. Which is ok, but not playing the same person 4x in a row. Come on FS, there has to be a better way.

PvP is broken. And consider that FS is a small company so they might lack resources (both people and money/time) to fix this. Also, WW2 is a niche game in a great segment of electronic TCGs, where there are big names like Hearthstone or online version of Tragic: the Bothering. You won¨t see the player base grow any time soon...
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Truckeye » 15 Oct 2018, 04:18

I know its broken and I only do it because of daily rewards. I just dont want to play same person with all diamonds in top ranking 4x in a row when Im not ranked. I dont think that's too much to ask for
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Pieterr » 15 Oct 2018, 11:26

Hello Truckeye,

I don't even do daily rewards anymore. Every now and then I play a PvP match when I feel like it. But that's not the reason I'm replying to your post now,..
Today I've had a very interesting conversation with T_E_K on our platoonchat which I'd like to share here.
We were discussing the lack of active players in the database and the (lately) implemented recruiting system that should (hopefully) solve this issue.

"What's the point in recruiting your friends to the game if you can't play them in pvp?"

I think this is a very FAIR question and hopefully gives you (the developers) something to think about.

Cheers,
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Truckeye » 17 Oct 2018, 02:50

I've recruited 3 different friends and they all quit. Of course that was before rewards for recruiting. The common complaint is the game is aimed at making it competitive for veterans and feels impossible to get any traction as a noob. There are better easier, more fun ways than to get crushed here in pvp, missions, and raids.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aine » 21 Oct 2018, 15:39

After about half a year, I wanted to give the pvp another chance, but so far I got one bot match and seven cancelled matches coz game cannot synchronize us or w/e.
Geez, this is insane...

edit:
eigth time.
ninth time.

ok, nice game you got there... said nobody ever.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Truckeye » 22 Oct 2018, 01:36

I rarely have issues matching
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aine » 22 Oct 2018, 01:55

Truckeye wrote:I rarely have issues matching

Do you play on Kongregate?
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby fs_p0s8095tg » 25 Oct 2018, 09:47

PvP is broken. And consider that FS is a small company so they might lack resources (both people and money/time) to fix this.

How about simply not matching people when the ratings are over 500 apart? I regularly get matched with people with over 1000 higher rating and sometimes 1500! This is with a deck with no diamonds and some uncrafted cards ( remember those top guys ;) ). It begins to be no fun
fs_p0s8095tg
Private
Private

Postby Aine » 25 Oct 2018, 18:55

fs_p0s8095tg wrote:How about simply not matching people when the ratings are over 500 apart?

Then the high ranked player won't get anybody to play against for a long periods of time. This is not a good solution either. I think that the only good idea would be some kind of leagues, but hey, there might be not enough players for that, as the fragmentation would lead to nobody playing against no one.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Next

Return to General Discussion