MacArthur change

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: MacArthur change

Postby Assassin » 16 Jul 2018, 22:54

Again...and in all simplicity...the annoyance effect of the new MacArthur is much bigger than the actual play effect...if you play you get it. As players here saw...

I don't lose vs MacArthur a lot...and those I lose I would probably lose with the previous Mac...but effect is not interesting...

In real games, Mac is played in a way you really can't play anything...and this annoys players more than you think. Which also makes players mad at those that use MacArthur...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Johnwayne » 17 Jul 2018, 13:09

I agree the diamond MacArthur is op. I’d like to add some other diamond version cards to the list of op cards in my opinion.

Plastic explosives
Heat
Norb lab
Destruction
Food rations
Dmitry laurinenko
Supermarine seafire
Ron unit
I-400
Cunningham
Ramcke
Montgomery
Johnwayne
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aine » 19 Jul 2018, 06:32

Also, you should change it asap. before more players acquire it. Then it will be even worse, as the nerf will piss the new owners, and in the meanwhile, it will piss their opponents in the game.
Really, I'm at a loss why this card even exists. With 25 years of TCG history, I'd guess that nobody could develop new Yawgmoth's Ancestral Time Walk Of Balance, but yeah...
But really, it is not fun at all to play those two broken raids. It is a punishment and I have no f...n idea what I am being punished for.

So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?
Aine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Truckeye » 25 Jul 2018, 02:12

I have regular Mac. Never seems to work how I think it should. Does it work vs Raids? or only PvP?
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby mtormo » 25 Jul 2018, 07:47

Hello,

We're working on McArthur's card right now (due to the issues that the card has, not just balance).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 01 Oct 2018, 17:06

mtormo wrote:Hello,

We're working on McArthur's card right now (due to the issues that the card has, not just balance).

Regards,

Hi,

Small issue with mac...for some reason i can play FEAR diamond after it is played...only the -1 (and so free) effect...
I am supposing this should not be possible...or is it?

Still think card is not a good idea AS IT IS NOW...most times it is played the player cant do anything on next turn...either he lost all units or they are already upgraded (or useless to upgrade)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 02 Oct 2018, 08:12

Hello,

This card brings a lot of controversy (similar with the dambusters in the past) and while we "feel" that the card was right to be in the game, most of the players who play against it feel "cheated" or "frustrated". We understand this is an issue and we'll solve it but we want to keep the spirit of the card and adjust it as minimal as possible for those players who has the card already.

We're working on a balance update as I mentioned before (with new content too) and one of the cards "to be reviewed" is this one but until we're happy that the card has enough power but doesn't feel a cheat, we don't change it.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 02 Oct 2018, 12:43

mtormo wrote:Hello,

This card brings a lot of controversy (similar with the dambusters in the past) and while we "feel" that the card was right to be in the game, most of the players who play against it feel "cheated" or "frustrated". We understand this is an issue and we'll solve it but we want to keep the spirit of the card and adjust it as minimal as possible for those players who has the card already.

We're working on a balance update as I mentioned before (with new content too) and one of the cards "to be reviewed" is this one but until we're happy that the card has enough power but doesn't feel a cheat, we don't change it.

Regards,

Err..."crazy" suggestion...just put it back as it was... ;)

Not being able to play ANY UNIT is bad enough...usually has the same effect...but at least the player can play an order or equip...

Dont really recall any player asking for this card to be improved ;) in Diamond version is a great card on an American ship deck...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Previous

Return to General Discussion