MacArthur change

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

MacArthur change

Postby Assassin » 27 Jun 2018, 10:49

Just to mention i dont really think the macarthur change was needed or well thought...

In R3 the effect of not playing ANY UNIT was enough to make it a very good card...i dont see why it was improved...and into a "feature" that annoys players
My problem is not BALANCE...is annoyance...having to waste the APs is...well...annoying...even when game was already lost anyway...

In fact, the effect of the change on game results is probably minimal (so far zero in my games)...usually when Mac returns in R3 game is almost over, and not being able to play units is hard enough...

This is not a big issue...as i think only one player uses the card anyway...but for some reason its "moral" effect is bigger than it should be...
I posted this somewhere...but as i got no answer i decided to post again to see if i am the only one...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Re: MacArthur change

Postby jcwill23 » 27 Jun 2018, 12:27

I see it in Ten-Go, every once in a while.
I'm pretty sure I have lost because of it but would not have the old way.

Craig
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 28 Jun 2018, 07:41

Hello,

The card was designed with that idea behind from the beginning and we changed it to only units just before the launch of "Sealords". We decided to return to the previous idea because we wanted to give McArthur more power on T3 (as you say, if you have this card in t3 you're on the late stages of the match and the impact is minimal but makes the card a "good finisher")

We're always cautious with the cards that disrupt the opponent such as captured, scorched,... and this ability goes on this list but so far we think is "balanced" and not something that you find all turns making tedious playing against him.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 28 Jun 2018, 17:53

Ok. Guess you know what you are doing...like i said, not really game breaker...

Just keep an eye out in case this card becomes more used... ;)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Domination » 04 Jul 2018, 12:41

I think it is a good unit for the amis as it is now

If I look at all the other cards then you know what is unfair
I say only ramcke or ron unit these are cards that have to be made

I think it would be unfair for the Americans to take a good card as they can barely keep up
Domination
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Aine » 06 Jul 2018, 16:59

This change is awful. More uniteractive, fun-destryoing cards are NEVER neeeded.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby chuck » 16 Jul 2018, 15:19

mtormo wrote:Hello,

The card was designed with that idea behind from the beginning and we changed it to only units just before the launch of "Sealords". We decided to return to the previous idea because we wanted to give McArthur more power on T3 (as you say, if you have this card in t3 you're on the late stages of the match and the impact is minimal but makes the card a "good finisher")

We're always cautious with the cards that disrupt the opponent such as captured, scorched,... and this ability goes on this list but so far we think is "balanced" and not something that you find all turns making tedious playing against him.

Regards,

Hello,

no, you can't be serius. :o Restricted playing units on T3 wasn't enough powerfull? Really Macarthur needed more power? Absolutly disagree. And not true that T3 is on late stages of match. Ok maybe not diamond version. But what universe is diamond Macarthur card from? :?: When placed on battlefield i can't use orders, what means i can't destroy it and immediatelly it is on T2. And what about when placed for example explosives on it. Nobody can't get rid of it. Very very low option how to do it. Maybe only spy ability or super draw with good unit. Mostly it means instant lost game. And what about in combination with another overpowered card diamond Balao? Not rare to have Macarthur in 1st round on T3. And whats more, when you have luck to destroy it? Opponent have chance place it again in any time during play. And when happend - i can't do nothing? This is not normal and mostly this is not fair. There can be bad draws and game is lost, but playing nothing is absolutly over all i saw in this game.

Well only one player have this card now, but it is obviously there is something wrong. Pls, consider it and nerf this OP card. Thank you.

PS: consider explosives card too, also too much overpowered.
chuck
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby sorro » 16 Jul 2018, 17:21

MacArthur is too strong in T3. But players who have it have ofcourse different opinnion.

Explosive is only way to win if you play infantry. It can be card what you use only to infamtry. But without explosive it is hard to win.
sorro
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ice7 » 16 Jul 2018, 17:32

Hi,

I thought it was a bug that MacArthur on R3 has all his abbilities at once. Where is the logic. This is so much crap. So now e.g if I put R3 Fallschrim it should give +6/+6 to all and if I put meteor it gives 15 HP???!!!??? Your changes would many times if you simply made none
ice7
Private
Private

Postby LetGodSort » 16 Jul 2018, 17:38

Greetings MTormo!

I'd like to add my two cents to the Diamond MacArthur T3 controversy.

The introduction of the Stronghold version of MacArthur was wholly disruptive upon the TCG: WWII playing community. When I first became aware of it, Global Chat was using abbreviated PROFANITY to describe what was happening. This is not the reaction you want to have. I thought it was just one of the many little bugs that happened when Stronghold came out, and that you'd fix it in time like so many other fixes you and Frozenshard accomplished. Then my Platoon Leader came on our chat a few days later and was, "What the ***?" He couldn't play not one card against John Wayne (JW)!?! So, come many weeks later, I finally get to play JW with his Diamond T3 MacArthur. We're friendly on Global Chat and talk about the U.S. where we're both from and about him being U.S. Air Force, our real U.S. Navy aircraft carriers, beam weapons, places in the U.S. we've mutually visited, etc. I have no disillusions of beating him as I'm a rookie player of TCG: WWII, but have fun trying to make my games against him last longer and longer than three rounds. So, we're having fun playing a game and chatting in Global Chat at the same time. I kill his MacArthur once, because of all the profane traffic I'm seeing within the game. I'm trying to be proactive. I'm having fun playing! Then it happens, "What the heck!?! I can't play anymore!?!" I can only resign myself and just press the red button???"

I am a player. I am in this game to enjoy playing. You are a developer. You are busy answering questions, meeting with others in Frozenshard, fixing bugs, developing new and exciting things, trying to meet deadlines, etc. You are not a player. You don't play this game to play. We do! Four, five, eight hours a day...everyday!!! It totally, and absolutely sucks when we're playing for the fun of playing and then all of a sudden we can't play anymore and have to throw away three action points and resign ourselves to pressing the red button without pressing anything else. Please make this game playable at all times, not, as a developer, "Hey! I've got an idea! Let's make a card where everybody can't play anymore and it finishes the game! Yeah, Yeah!! That's the ticket!!!" Bad idea from a developer. Awful reality for a player...

Sincerely,
Let Got Sort Them Out
LetGodSort
Private
Private

Next

Return to General Discussion