Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Jagor » 17 Sep 2014, 17:38

2) Create some tournaments or weeks with special rules for PVP...for instance...german units only OR "no blue cards" OR "Deck value under XX Gold"

Top Assassin very nice ideas :!: :!: :!:
my favourite is "Deck value under xx Gold" :-)
so you could play with the lower Cards witch are not so popular in Pvp.

i also would like, that you first see against who you battle in Pvp and then chose your Deck.
so that the more experienced Players have the Option to play with not so strong Decks against new Players.
i surely would do this :!:
I do not know how the Third World War will be fought, but I can tell you what they will use in the Fourth - rocks!
Jagor
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 18 Sep 2014, 10:08

A complement and an alternative suggestion...

Give bonuses to players who follow certain rules in PVP...even if just for a while.

For instance using only one (or two) nationality...or a specific nationality...or zero blue cards...etc...
The bonuses could be Gold, Rating or even starting energy...and this would require little modifications to the system and appeal to old (who would have an incentive to use cards that they already have) and new players (who would get more balanced games).

Example..."Japanese Week"...players using only Japanese units in PVP would get a XX gold/ranking/starting energy bonus on all PVP games in that week.

AND...you could also multiply by 5 the investment in single player campaign using the same logic...giving some incentive for players to replay all missions using single nationalities...
This might require the downgrading of some objectives...but little else...and some players (like me) require little incentive to do this...5 gold per mission would be enough for me ;) (i actually am doing it for fun already...)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby DaemonSultan » 23 Sep 2014, 16:01

I surely believe that AIs need to be tweaked. I mean If i have to destroy 8 armored units in 7 turns, Isn't it supposed to play armored units so?
I really don't want to waste my lives and pray that AI would play properly.
Legendary? You mean Imaginary.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby JordanBei » 23 Sep 2014, 23:51

DaemonSultan wrote:I surely believe that AIs need to be tweaked. I mean If i have to destroy 8 armored units in 7 turns, Isn't it supposed to play armored units so?

I find those missions really hard
Theres a bit of luck on the AI playing those cards and playing unit cards
JordanBei
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 24 Sep 2014, 10:29

JordanBei wrote:
DaemonSultan wrote:I surely believe that AIs need to be tweaked. I mean If i have to destroy 8 armored units in 7 turns, Isn't it supposed to play armored units so?

A LOT OF MISSIONS are hard...too hard in my view...since level 50 or so that i get a lot of missions that REQUIRE LUCK...AI must make mistakes for you to have a chance...and sometimes it must play the right type of cards...i had missions where the AI simply didn't play the cards i needed...i destroyed EVERYTHING...and got a loss as it weren't the right type of cards.

Some levels i passed only because the AI kept wasting 20 or more attack points each turn to destroy a "bait" unit...

BUT...i think this is a "feature" :) to incentivate players to improve their decks...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby DaemonSultan » 24 Sep 2014, 11:06

Assassin wrote:
JordanBei wrote:

A LOT OF MISSIONS are hard...too hard in my view...since level 50 or so that i get a lot of missions that REQUIRE LUCK...AI must make mistakes for you to have a chance...and sometimes it must play the right type of cards...i had missions where the AI simply didn't play the cards i needed...i destroyed EVERYTHING...and got a loss as it weren't the right type of cards.

Some levels i passed only because the AI kept wasting 20 or more attack points each turn to destroy a "bait" unit...

BUT...i think this is a "feature" :) to incentivate players to improve their decks...

Yes, it is kind of "incentivating", since I felt like I need to have Brandenburgers or something. But I would like to describe it "frustrating"
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 24 Sep 2014, 11:38

It also "promotes" PVP...if i need a better deck and can't get gold in single player i have to play PVP...and win 13 matches...

The concept is OK for a freemium game...BUT i think the difficulty "curve" is too hard...and there are no alternatives for single player.

THE IMPORTANT PART...for game designers...it creates some "frustation" (as mentioned above)...i suggest some kind of "middle ground" with alternate capaigns or other single player modes that allows players to play something easier...adjust prizes as you see fit...but having to play an almost unbeatable AI reduces the game appeal...

It gets worse when AI starts "cheating" later on...(some units appear upgraded from the start)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby DaemonSultan » 24 Sep 2014, 12:43

It gets worse when AI starts "cheating" later on...(some units appear upgraded from the start)

I really agree with this. it's okay if it is rank 2 pershing, but if it's rank 2 brandenburgers.. it's almost impossible to beat.
DaemonSultan
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Geenoff » 24 Sep 2014, 13:54

Hi all
It is exactly as you say,
In some missions, the difficulty level is a nightmare
I only have 11 mission with no 3 stars
I think that it is not possible finish all on 3 stars
Some missions I was doing 100 times and I have any idea how to do it for 3 stars
Geenoff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 24 Sep 2014, 15:21

Geenoff wrote:Some missions I was doing 100 times and I have any idea how to do it for 3 stars

In some missions i only got 3 stars by using the "healing card"...most of the score is the player ending energy...so i had to end the mission with MORE energy than at the start...you must avoid damage AND increase your health whenever possible...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion