Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Ace1 » 03 Sep 2019, 15:55

Assassin wrote:
Ace1 wrote:Yea at least early in the season your ratings are close... Late in the season last season after I hit diamond, I had a 2100 rating playing consistently vs players who were 3.9k -5.3k raiting. I don't know their "deck values. One person, I think it was JohnWayne said his was around 50k to my 21k.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have this metric in the game when it is apparently not used. (meaning deck value)

The dev did say next pvp update will fix "common pvp issues" i believe was their wording. Hopefully this also includes us getting queued up vs players we have no business playing against.

Best of luck to you this ranked season!

Top players will have decks from 40k to 55k (anyone with 30 diamonds can make 60k, but would NOT be the best as better balance requires non-Diamond cards)
Deck value was used in the past and lead to very odd situations like players "dumbing down" their decks...and in the end was something that would hurt cards sales, so it was removed...Matchmaking was also dumb as some top players would try to make low level decks to prey on newbies...
Although i do believe this metric should be used (even if only partially)...if not for matchmaking at least to give better rewards for those uptiered a lot...

To be honest...matchmaking NEVER worked properly...it is apparently impossible to avoid unfair matches with the number of players in game...
Too tight matchmaking leads to long waits and players playing the same opponents too much...
Too many bots leads to bot farming and boredom...

I understand the issue...had it long ago...just adding some info and saying it will eventually solve itself as your deck gets better...patience is required...
(Obviously some players eventually leave the game due to this...)

Some discussion and thought into how we can better PvP will hopefully lead to the player base in this game growing. This is a very fun game but it has a major flaw in the current PvP format. I don't know that I have the right answer for how you fix this, but we need to keep trying things. I would think there is a direct correlation between how good/bad the PvP system is to how high/low the player base is.

The majority of people that would play this kind of game are not looking for PvE, and if the PvP system is not more balanced most will not stick around. We need players to stick around and we need our player base to grow.

This game is a lot of fun, so it is not my intention to tear it down. I am trying to make what I see is a good game, better
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 03 Sep 2019, 16:51

Ace1 wrote:Some discussion and thought into how we can better PvP will hopefully lead to the player base in this game growing. This is a very fun game but it has a major flaw in the current PvP format. I don't know that I have the right answer for how you fix this, but we need to keep trying things. I would think there is a direct correlation between how good/bad the PvP system is to how high/low the player base is.

The majority of people that would play this kind of game are not looking for PvE, and if the PvP system is not more balanced most will not stick around. We need players to stick around and we need our player base to grow.

This game is a lot of fun, so it is not my intention to tear it down. I am trying to make what I see is a good game, better

I fully agree...i and others have asked for better PVP matchmaking for years ;)

I was only "updating" you on the present "state of the game" and some "historical" info on how we got where we are...not saying is is correct or perfect...as i agree it isn't ;)

The "not enough players" is a double edged sword (or Catch22 or whatever reference you prefer)...devs say it isn't possible to make perfect matchmaking without more players, and some players say they are leaving due to matchmaking...endless loop...

My point...if you REALLY like the game...stick around, move up trough the ranks...and one day you will be winning a lot more matches...seen it happen several times...
Patience is key in this game...i know i sound paternalistic...but trust me, i have been there...

EDIT:
Two tips for faster improvement (probably you already know...but never hurts):
- Learn how to win HARD MISSIONS...best rewards for new players
- Join a GOOD PLATOON...raids are a major source of blueprints, needed for diamond cards
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Ace1 » 03 Sep 2019, 18:40

I get that match making will never be perfect, but can you think of anything else about this game that is AS BAD as the match making system ?

I can't. Not even a close second. Again, I don't know the perfect solution but I do believe that match making has to change for this player base to have a realistic shot at growing.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ace1 » 04 Sep 2019, 15:27

Ace1 wrote:For crafting when you use the "available" feature to narrow down the list of cards. It would be very helpful if blueprints that we had or didn't haves did not factor into this. It gets very old scrolling through my cards time after time to see if blue prints is the only thing I'm missing to craft a good card.

To make sure I'm clear here, I'm saying if blue prints is all you are missing it would be great if that card still showed up when you filtered crafting to available.

thanks for considering this.

Just reposting in case this got lost in the shuffle. Is there any chance something like this can happen?
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 05 Sep 2019, 07:45

For crafting when you use the "available" feature to narrow down the list of cards. It would be very helpful if blueprints that we had or didn't haves did not factor into this. It gets very old scrolling through my cards time after time to see if blue prints is the only thing I'm missing to craft a good card.

To make sure I'm clear here, I'm saying if blue prints is all you are missing it would be great if that card still showed up when you filtered crafting to available.

This is something that we can change but we're unsure if this mechanic is helpful for everyone, we'll discuss this for the following expansion.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 05 Sep 2019, 12:40

mtormo wrote:
For crafting when you use the "available" feature to narrow down the list of cards. It would be very helpful if blueprints that we had or didn't haves did not factor into this. It gets very old scrolling through my cards time after time to see if blue prints is the only thing I'm missing to craft a good card.

This is something that we can change but we're unsure if this mechanic is helpful for everyone, we'll discuss this for the following expansion.

Regards,

It is helpful...not so sure if all agree, but in my case i would prefer if it would only highlight as CRAFTABLE those i have ENOUGH RAID POINTS...even if not the BLUEPRINTS THEMSELVES.
Ideally...if i pressed CRAFT it would pop a question saying something like "This will cost 12000 RAID POINTS, 2000 gold and 3 cards...proceed?"

Not so sure if this is a risk (of players spending raid points by mistake)...for "veteran" players it would save a lot of clicking! (the buy 10 Blueprints button was already a big help)

IF risky...then having the CRAFTABLE indication would already help...even if i had to manually buy the blueprints...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Ace1 » 05 Sep 2019, 16:35

mtormo wrote:

Regards,

Fair enough.

One other thing that could use some discussion. To the best I can tell there is no list anywhere of possible cards, or possible cards that can be crafted. A master list of all the cards would be extremely helpful for newer players to be able to actually see what cards are in what set, what cards can and can not be crafted. However information online about the cards in this game is extremely limited unless I am missing something.

Is it possible to also discuss putting more information online about all of the cards? Like a link on these forums where we could see all the cards would be wonderful.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 06 Sep 2019, 08:25

Hello,

If you click on the "craft option" will only see the cards that can be crafted.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Ace1 » 07 Sep 2019, 03:32

yes, thank you. I'm aware of that. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Let me try asking this way.

Why is there not a place we can go to be able to see every card in the game? Like a master list.

New players would be helped a lot by actually being able to see the cards.

New players and vets would be helped a lot by being able to not only see the cards, but see the which cards can and can not be crafted in this master list.

Thanks for your response and consideration.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 07 Sep 2019, 09:11

Ace1 wrote:yes, thank you. I'm aware of that. Sorry I wasn't more clear. Let me try asking this way.

Why is there not a place we can go to be able to see every card in the game? Like a master list.

New players would be helped a lot by actually being able to see the cards.

New players and vets would be helped a lot by being able to not only see the cards, but see the which cards can and can not be crafted in this master list.

Thanks for your response and consideration.

There is an "eye" button in the deck view that shows ALL cards...even the ones you don't have and can't craft...
Not sure if it also shows what you can craft...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion