Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Casual » 25 Aug 2019, 22:06

Matchmaking is stupid. I'm 135 diamond and get matched with top 10 players with stacked diamond elite decks. Why does matchmaking not take into account deck size (diamond and elite cards) and league ranking? This needs to be addressed or are you just rewarding the pay to win folks by giving them easy matches?
Casual
Private
Private
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Aug 2019, 00:25

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Ace1 » 30 Aug 2019, 06:48

Matchmaking def needs some looking into. I just played 3 games in a row, brand new into diamond league. I get an opponent who is 4549, two times in a row. Then a 3909. My rating at the time is 2108, my deck value is 21,000.

Both of them had almost all diamond cards. Devs, please consider adding a tier above diamond or maybe consider changing match making so you can NOT be queued up vs someone say 1,500 points higher or lower than you.

If this is the case for what diamond league looks like and deals with when playing pvp, it's no wonder the player base is as low as it is in this game.

The highest league rewards in the game, as I see it is 3,000+. Wouldn't it be a good idea to make the games algorithm have those players play each other? I'm sure they would be more challenged by a deck controlled by the ai, closer to their rating than my deck.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 01:11

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby mtormo » 30 Aug 2019, 08:07

Hello,

Currently we don't have plans to add a new "league" and we understand that some players are getting maybe too much points and it seems unbalanced when they're matched with players at the early diamond league.

On the next update we have some plans to address some of the most common pvp issues but of course we can't change the amount of players on the queue of each league.

Regards,
User avatar
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin
 
Posts: 1500
Joined: 27 Jun 2013, 18:47

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Bsdomingues » 30 Aug 2019, 13:08

I completely stopped playing pvp aside the 5 daily wins. For the exact same reason. And i have a good deck.still, need about 2 to 3h to get my daily wins. Matchmaking needs to be fixed as well as balanced. Players base is very low on pvp and it will keep low unless this problem is adressed.
Playing 10 times a day the same player when you have no chance is not only a loss of time but also frustrating.
Maybe start by adding something not not catch the same player for some time. I understand some players spend 10h a day on pvp queue but at least give the chance to the other players to even finish their dailies..
Bsdomingues
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 32
Joined: 10 Jan 2015, 18:59

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Ace1 » 30 Aug 2019, 15:06

So after the frustration playing those 3 games last night, I took a break... come back this morning and the first person I am queued against is 5.3k....

This is not fair. This is not fun. How am I ever going to get just my minimum 5 wins per day vs this caliber of players? For me to be that far ahead of someone in rating they would need to be like a negative 900 rating....

You mentioned at your next update things will be fixed. When is that updated expected to happen? Might be time to take a break from this game until something is fixed here.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 01:11

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Casual » 02 Sep 2019, 11:03

Ace1 wrote:So after the frustration playing those 3 games last night, I took a break... come back this morning and the first person I am queued against is 5.3k....

This is not fair. This is not fun. How am I ever going to get just my minimum 5 wins per day vs this caliber of players? For me to be that far ahead of someone in rating they would need to be like a negative 900 rating....

You mentioned at your next update things will be fixed. When is that updated expected to happen? Might be time to take a break from this game until something is fixed here.



I feel your pain. Since the reset for the new season, I'm 10 games with 4 victories. I've been matched with very high ranking players with stacked decks. The risk v. reward in this game is very low, especially when it comes to devoting your free time...
Casual
Private
Private
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 25 Aug 2019, 00:25

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Assassin » 02 Sep 2019, 19:38

I am not sure why the devs decided to open the Diamond league so all diamonds can play each other...i am guessing to shorten queue times and reduce bots...

However i can tell you the vast majority of players in top 20 plays for free (or close enough)...it takes time to make a good deck...but not as much as some think...

You can be a threat to top player with 6 months in game...
Particularly if you play (and win) hard missions and focus on one nation...

Of course...making a good deck on all nations takes a lot longer...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Ace1 » 03 Sep 2019, 06:29

For crafting when you use the "available" feature to narrow down the list of cards. It would be very helpful if blueprints that we had or didn't haves did not factor into this. It gets very old scrolling through my cards time after time to see if blue prints is the only thing I'm missing to craft a good card.

To make sure I'm clear here, I'm saying if blue prints is all you are missing it would be great if that card still showed up when you filtered crafting to available.

thanks for considering this.
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 01:11

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Ace1 » 03 Sep 2019, 06:36

Casual wrote:
Ace1 wrote:So after the frustration playing those 3 games last night, I took a break... come back this morning and the first person I am queued against is 5.3k....

This is not fair. This is not fun. How am I ever going to get just my minimum 5 wins per day vs this caliber of players? For me to be that far ahead of someone in rating they would need to be like a negative 900 rating....

You mentioned at your next update things will be fixed. When is that updated expected to happen? Might be time to take a break from this game until something is fixed here.



I feel your pain. Since the reset for the new season, I'm 10 games with 4 victories. I've been matched with very high ranking players with stacked decks. The risk v. reward in this game is very low, especially when it comes to devoting your free time...


Yea at least early in the season your ratings are close... Late in the season last season after I hit diamond, I had a 2100 rating playing consistently vs players who were 3.9k -5.3k raiting. I don't know their "deck values. One person, I think it was JohnWayne said his was around 50k to my 21k.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have this metric in the game when it is apparently not used. (meaning deck value)

The dev did say next pvp update will fix "common pvp issues" i believe was their wording. Hopefully this also includes us getting queued up vs players we have no business playing against.

Best of luck to you this ranked season!
Ace1
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 42
Joined: 12 Apr 2019, 01:11

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Assassin » 03 Sep 2019, 09:42

Ace1 wrote:Yea at least early in the season your ratings are close... Late in the season last season after I hit diamond, I had a 2100 rating playing consistently vs players who were 3.9k -5.3k raiting. I don't know their "deck values. One person, I think it was JohnWayne said his was around 50k to my 21k.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have this metric in the game when it is apparently not used. (meaning deck value)

The dev did say next pvp update will fix "common pvp issues" i believe was their wording. Hopefully this also includes us getting queued up vs players we have no business playing against.

Best of luck to you this ranked season!

Top players will have decks from 40k to 55k (anyone with 30 diamonds can make 60k, but would NOT be the best as better balance requires non-Diamond cards)
Deck value was used in the past and lead to very odd situations like players "dumbing down" their decks...and in the end was something that would hurt cards sales, so it was removed...Matchmaking was also dumb as some top players would try to make low level decks to prey on newbies...
Although i do believe this metric should be used (even if only partially)...if not for matchmaking at least to give better rewards for those uptiered a lot...

To be honest...matchmaking NEVER worked properly...it is apparently impossible to avoid unfair matches with the number of players in game...
Too tight matchmaking leads to long waits and players playing the same opponents too much...
Too many bots leads to bot farming and boredom...

I understand the issue...had it long ago...just adding some info and saying it will eventually solve itself as your deck gets better...patience is required...
(Obviously some players eventually leave the game due to this...)
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
User avatar
Assassin
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 1467
Joined: 26 Aug 2014, 11:56
Location: Portugal

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

cron