Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby FFI_Normandi » 30 May 2019, 11:46

mtormo wrote:There's a button on the settings popup that directly links you to the forum, adding an extra button on the main screen (people tend to quickly hit play and go to the map) won't be really useful.

for now, the player has to click on the gear icon, then on the settings, then on back up then your direct access icon appears…
Maybe have I missed something? I'm pretty sure that most new players (even older ones) never saw this...at least if they are a little bit curious and carefully explore the game :twisted:

A last suggestion : Won't it be possible to have a brief description of each platoon before applying to it?
For now, players enter a platoon but platoon can have diverse objectives (playing for gold, or raids, or just having people discussing together…and even no objective at all). I tried a lot of platoons but that was a random process (only bases on the colour of the nation in the platoon icon)...with some frustration.
Maybe can we have just a line of description or the main goal of the platoon (which, if they are given as key-words for example) can serve for a research like we do for the cards?

Well, that's all for my interventions. Sorry for the inconvenience :)
FFI_Normandi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby mtormo » 31 May 2019, 08:43

Hello,

Won't it be possible to have a brief description of each platoon before applying to it?

It's a good suggestion, something that we want to explore it for future improvements for Platoons.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby FFI_Normandi » 01 Jun 2019, 17:15

thank you ^^
FFI_Normandi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby FFI_Normandi » 08 Jun 2019, 14:26

on the new league system, rewards are displayed for each league (in a special panel) and 4 sud-divisions exist amongst them. Moreover,the progression of the player is also shown after each pvp and there is a sort of bar of progression.
For example, i'm (hardly;) competing in the Elite league and I have a gold representation which shows my progress as a blue circle inside the gold representation (I don't know how to call it...sorry for my poor english).

Won't it be possible to have something indicating on the gold representation the position of the rewards? A white arrow tip, or a bar, or something like that... just to have a quick idea of where the player is and if he's close to reach the upper sub-division?
This can easily combine to two informations.
FFI_Normandi
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby SirFeussi » 09 Jun 2019, 09:55

The new pvp league system: - people abuse it :o

There are a lot of players which are loosing with full intention each single pvp- game to get downgraded and then they can rumble at the lower league. The new system is not perfect. To prevent this actions the league system should be changed. To rise/descent between the leagues it should be just possible when the periode is finished and not during the league-season! e.g. the first 10 and last 10 will rise or descent when the season is finished.

I my mind you admins should act very fast and do changes. It is no fun at all for newbies to loose a lot of games against op opponments which just be ranked much much much higher!
SirFeussi
Private
Private

Postby Aine » 09 Jun 2019, 12:25

SirFeussi wrote:The new pvp league system: - people abuse it :o

There are a lot of players which are loosing with full intention each single pvp- game to get downgraded and then they can rumble at the lower league. The new system is not perfect. To prevent this actions the league system should be changed. To rise/descent between the leagues it should be just possible when the periode is finished and not during the league-season! e.g. the first 10 and last 10 will rise or descent when the season is finished.

I my mind you admins should act very fast and do changes. It is no fun at all for newbies to loose a lot of games against op opponments which just be ranked much much much higher!

So the people who dislike their current metagame and are trying to play in a different one are using the only possible solution? This is only natural. Unless there'd be real formats, players will use what they got on hand to play what they like to.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 11 Jun 2019, 14:12

Hello,

If one player decides to go on a losing streak to reduce his rating, at the end, when he starts playing normal again he would rise his rating to the same amount. We don't have plans to block the leagues during the whole league, it won't change anything if a player decides to lose matches.

We're keeping an eye on the "balance" of the matches and they're pretty well compared to the last season (but there's still some pairings that should be improved).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Assassin » 11 Jun 2019, 14:26

The better rewards and the "longer" time it takes to get to the "top" is probably making many players avoid losing matches "on purpose"...

Game does feel more balanced a bit...not perfect...but i get a much larger percentage of even matches or bots...

I am also under the impression MORE players are playing for ranking now...which is better for the game...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby GKZhukov » 08 Jul 2019, 21:42

It would be nice to have some raids with different goals (like you have with missions). Atm, whilst they all do different nasty things to you, it seems the aim is always max out damage in a limited time frame, which leads to 1 deck type for all raids, with minor tweaks.

A couple of ideas (though there's probably better ones than these, they are just a starting point)

1) Defensive Raid - Instead of getting the AI's bar from 25000 to 0, you have to get yours from 0-25000 via defending and healing.
2) Search & Destroy Raid. Enemy has a specific Structure that you have to do damage to (instead of directly to the Opponent, so you need to push through that lane or have direct damage effects). Could also be 1 structure in each lane, but they have different values or Armour (damage reduction), making some worth more than others. Or even something like a Flagship that moves around behind the lanes from left to right, then back again so you need to damage different lanes on different turns.
3) Kill Units - Like missions, but maybe with different points values assigned to different Units - so in one raid Airplanes killed count double, in another Ships do etc.

This also makes the choice of which raid to do more interesting, if your cards or play-style better suit certain ones.
Note, in this case you might need to make a couple more "free" (or at least cheap) deck slots so players aren't forced to choose between purchasing slots or playing raids inefficiently.
GKZhukov
Private
Private

Postby mtormo » 09 Jul 2019, 07:26

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestions about raids, while currently is not possible there's always the possibility to change how raids work to accommodate different "scenarios".

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion