Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Aleksandr » 10 May 2016, 11:29

I dislike FORTUNE. We're better of without Ancestral Recalls and similar stuff. Same goes for ENIGMA. No need for Demonic Tutors.
I kinda like the idea of Environments, but I'd be more than careful with implementation: bugs, balance, etc.

Also, when I'm at it: those bugs, oh those bugs... :|
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby gusgus78 » 10 May 2016, 12:15

Hi...

where have i heard those names before? ;)

Those were only suggestions!
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 10 May 2016, 15:30

...starting with my humble experience in TCG games and the obtained with several hours of playing this great wwii

Eh? Have I seen that name before? GusGus... hummm.... are you new here? :lol: (just a joke of course! And your English is excellent)

I agree that Coalition also needs "nerfing" since the current British Rush decks are overwhelming. Oddly? OP Jack is the #1 way to wipe them out! You get 3-4 units with 4 & under Defence (like Northunmbrians, Tortoise, Monty...) and it can really turn the tide! But again it comes down to pure luck of the draw...

Fear: Lower by X by unit type sounds reasonable, once Jack is reduced a bit, but lowering "to X" is far too powerful, unless maybe it goes back up at the end of the turn? Or the end of the opponent's turn? It's HARD WORK getting that defence up! This would help counter some all-infantry and all-aircraft decks.

Battlefield Environment: I think that could be interesting, but more for a Mission or a PvP Tournament? It would be in place from the start, not a card to be played I think:
-Mud for example could make all tanks Slow and reduce their numbers -1/-1?
-Jungle could make Aircraft less effective, -1/-1?
-Night battles could give all units -2/+3 when deployed (as a buff so Promotion or other things would remove it)
-Minefields: hit all advancing Infantry with -2/-2 & tanks -1/-1 ? when they move to the Front line, unless they have some mine-clearing equipment OR a Tank went before them, 'clearing' a path for the next unit (but not the one after). Mines played a HUGE roll in WW2, yet they barely exist in this game, eh?

As for Fortune & Enigma: I've been thinking that being able to "carry over" a single card to the next draw would be really fun! :) Of course the opponent could see it too, & prepare! If un-played it would return to the Deck, and this couldn't be played 2 turns in a row, and would count as one of the 6, not be "extra". It would be optional of course, if the remaining cards are all crappy, just don't save one!

This would give players some real flexibility in the draws, and add a LOT to the thinking part of the game, thus reducing luck. Balancing it for the AI would be nearly impossible, I think? So strictly PvP. And since both sides can do it? it won't further un-balance things much...

It would greatly improve several annoying parts of the game:
- Dead Draws: at least you can keep one item/order for the next turn. Better than nothing!
- Bad timing: got Jack when opponent has no cards in play (like going first) or there's no place to put Bombe? Carry it over & hope next turn works better.
- Enemy stole much of your AP with Busters & Scorched? Tossing away cards you'd love to play? At least you can keep one for next turn, thus slightly lowering that problem.

But mostly? It would be MORE FUN! :mrgreen: Cheers!
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby gusgus78 » 10 May 2016, 16:39

Hi 5Cats!

Thanks, but i still think that my english is not excellent... google translator is my ally ;)

I see everybody agree with "nerfing" Jack, Dambusters and Coalition...

About battlefield enviroments you are right and i agree... better than playing cards, it could depends of battlefield you are playing. Your examples are funny :).

About Fortune & Enigma, i only suggested because i think that it could reduce the randomness of game... some fights are decided only by luck (like you say)... i think luck is around 60% in each fight...

I hope Devs can read this :D

See you!!
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 10 May 2016, 17:49

Hey guys,

Really nice ideas here!

About some changes that we have on the next update and affects some of your suggestions and ideas:

- Coalition changes from 5 damage/health to 4. (In all three ranks)

- Mad Jack
Mad Jack Bow I -> From 4HP or less to 3HP or less | From deals 4 damage to 3 damage.
Mad Jack Bow II -> From 6HP or less to 5HP or less | From deals 6 damage to 5 damage.

We're taking a look to the "resource removal" discussion here. While Bombe works fine giving you extra action points, remove resources from the opponent can be sometimes frustrating. On the next update won't be any changes in both cards (dambusters & Scorched Earth) but we'll do something "different" with these cards on the near future (and we'll try to fix other areas of frustration on PvP).

Thanks for all your feedback!
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby gusgus78 » 11 May 2016, 09:09

Hi!!

I am happy to know that Coalition and Mad Jack are going to be modified... maybe not so much as i would like :cry:

Thanks for care our suggestions. You have done a great game and for sure it will be better in each update!!!

See you next!!
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Pieterr » 11 May 2016, 13:40

mtormo wrote: remove resources from the opponent can be sometimes frustrating.

Edit: This is always frustrating!

I could live with scorched earth when bombe wasn't introduced. Without bombe you give up your action points which results in your opponent having the same less action points to spend on his/her turn. That's okay to me. This makes the card a bit of gamble (at least that was how I looked at it) because if you have a strong field position than this card allows you to maintain that position. If you don't,... This card is worthless and you'll be sorry for putting this card into your deck.
But combine it with bombe, you make profit on action points.

I can be very short about the dambusters: These cards should never have been added to this CCG.
Capitulation, is fine with me as well: I give up one or more Action Points which I'll get back next turn. Nothing wrong with that card. It's a choice and a gamble to put it into your deck.

As I've pointed out many times before: Being an opponent of somebody who has based it's deck on killing off your action points is by far the most annoying funkiller of this game! Freeze decks are next,...

Cheers!
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aleksandr » 11 May 2016, 18:42

What Pieterr wrote...!
also, I'm not against SOMe kind of "anti-luck tools", I'm just afraid thatthe whole concept of WW2 goes against this, as it'll be extremely hard to code it properly, namely with AI in Picture. also, I kinda dislike how MtG degenerated into Cantrip.dec and I wouldn't love to see this happening to WW2.
However yes, if put this way... yeah, some way to beat randomness with sklil should be fine.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby FS_KZK » 12 May 2016, 15:18

It wold be nice to see how many tickets at the platoon raids are used/left. So it would be easier to calculate average damage and choose next raid by average dmg and how many tickets are left...
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby alemán » 13 May 2016, 08:15

It is great to see that Scorched Earth and Dambusters finally become a topic.
Also nerfing Mad Jack seems a positive step into the right direction.

Thx ;)
alemán
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion