Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Marvin_Bender » 25 Feb 2016, 13:47

before the update.. you were able to look in the platoon chat and type stuff see what was happening in the world of other platoons >> all while you waited for the few minutes to pass while you wait for an opponent in pvp que>>>

Even more: Before the update you could go in q for pvp and simultaneously start a historical mission (preferably easy in that case). If matched in pvp, mission was canceled. If you finished day 1 in mission, pvp q was canceled.
Marvin_Bender
Private
Private

Postby FS_KZK » 26 Apr 2016, 13:41

Hi, I got a few ideas for the game:

1. Make a marketplace to change cards. Maybe global or in Platoon where players can change cards. Maybe it costs a litte Gold to do this. Some players always get the same cards and others are missing. I know, that you could lose money with this because you wont sell so much cards... But the Prices are to higt. Think of pulling down the prices. Maybe more people would bye the cards and you make more money... I Think 12 Euro for an digital card is toooo much. If it costs 3 or4 maybe i would bye the one or other card too. But not for 12...

2. Global Points: I thing the global Points (Best PVP platoon, MVP, Global ranking, highest weekly points...) Are getting to high. My Idea: Reset it every year and make a big Leage of it. At the end of year the MVP, Best PVP Platoon, best Global Platoon.... Gets a BIG reward

3. Platoon fights: It is easy to manipulate Rating with platoon fights. trick 1: Surrender in turn 1 against platoon mates. It pulls down rating. So you can get fast much easy fights to get platoon Points. trick 2: Everyone in Platoon surrenders in turn 1 against one Mate to pull him up in Global ranking. So i thing platoon fights should not be rated OR only be rated if they play to the End or get a number of turns...
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 26 Apr 2016, 23:17

Hi KZK!

1: Naw, they need the income!
1a: I think a "platoon gift" would be great! Once a week the Platoon Leader could 'gift' a card to a member. Or appoint one person to do so? That would be super helpful, I think! It could be limited to non-Elites, that seems obvious, and maybe to non-Legends too? That would make it much less useful, but still good for helping newer players, and not cut into FS's sales too much.

2: Interesting, but it would have to wait for the "Wolf Trick" to be fixed, and those high-scoring Platoons and individuals already get lots of rewards!! :x I know what you mean, but they're already raking in the gold & paks eh?

3: Those are forms of cheating, I think. We've suspected (and some have been caught!) people using "puppets" to bulk-up their Rate scores before. The new matching system makes that a bit harder, as do Bots. Some players just surrender to tough opponents so they get a lower Rate and can quickly go back to feeding on newbies... THAT is something that should be stopped!
It drives new players from the game really fast when the same guy beats them over and over... and he's not even top-25! But has a HUGE Platoon Points score...

Of course most of the top-25 guys are just plain strong, both decks and skills. They beat even other top-25 guys frequently!

But feasting on newbies is part of why A FEW are top-25 (or close to it) and have 200 to 300 wins with that "good but not great" deck... oh they're all good players! (I just checked, not one weak guy in top-25! Not even close! I thought there was 1-2 but... none that I know of) But repetition is really the name of the game to get into the top list, eh? :|
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby gunmun » 29 Apr 2016, 17:59

What about making the campaign boosts available with the in game currency? Many times I've hit one mission (like #60) which would've been easier to do if I just had just one more move.
gunmun
Private
Private

Postby Aleksandr » 05 May 2016, 12:50

I got a suggestion, one that will be definitely liked by players. :-)

I think that FS should bring a Marketplace into the game, similar to how it functions in e.g. HoMaM III. It shouldn't be used to sell cards (we already got that feature), but to trade the cards. I think that exchangerate should be 5.1 (five player's cards for one new) and it should only work for the appropriate rarity: 5 commons to get one common, five uncommons to get one uncommon, etc.
The rate might be different, it might be reasonable to limit it to sub-elite, sub-leg cards, it might give a random card (different one from the traded, of course), whatever you'll find the best.
But the nowadays situation where the 3rd copy of Mosin-Nagant I got just makes me sad that I never saw a Gustav, is truly annoying.

Cheers, Aleks

edit: Also, there's a recuring "trouble" with AI's stupidity (it might be deliberate coding, though), when the AI nigh ALWAYS plays the buffs (Heroic Speech, etc.) BEFORE the upgrades, thus completely wating the command. This should be reworked.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 05 May 2016, 21:32

Hahaha! Never going to happen Aleksandr! The very idea of 5 legends for 1 is... just no!
But DO keep 2-3 extra Legends and Epics, and of course 12 of every Rare & under: they could come up for crafting! 13+ is still useless though, as are over 5-6 Epic & Legends... they have said the "gold price" will go UP a lot soon, but the connection bug has pushed everything back...

I'm all for a "Platoon Gift" though! Once a week from the Leader only? Or once a month each player can place 1 card in the gift pool and take one out? NEVER Elites of course! Even Legends would probably be too much. But Epic & under? That wouldn't harm the game overall. I think.
It still would cut into their sales a bit though, so I very much doubt it will ever happen. There would need to be some other rules, like you have to be in the Platoon 2 whole weeks first to prevent "shopping" exploitations eh?

As for Dumb AI? Thanks Goodness!! If it was half-ways smart we'd get slaughtered every time. It has those "extra AP" because it is so dumb! That dumbness brings a lot of randomness too, which is very good! A good mix of predictable & random keeps the game interesting, I think.

Imagine playing a human with the Mission cards AND 4-5 AP? Yeah, you could never win. 1 in 10 maybe? Tops.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 06 May 2016, 15:41

I don't get one thing.

Resource denial (and particulary land destruction) was one the most hated strategies in the Original Game: the Magick. Bringing it into WW2 was a huge design mistake,one that is multiplied by basic resource managment of WW2 that gives no outs to AP burning. (Except for Bombe, butlets no dip into this issue.)

So, I guess that it's too late to remove the Dam Busters and similar stuff, but otoh this might help me in deciding what to do with my spare time. I haven't sold an USD 10k worthy of MtG collection to move into another junky-style affair...

I could live with an occasional Scorched Earth, as it doesn't leave a unit to deal with, but playing against a Bombe-wielding guy who played Dam Busters after Damned Busters was damned.

Curse you all men.
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby 5Cats » 06 May 2016, 16:03

Perhaps Busters and Scorched Order could be made Legends? Then there's only 1 of each? Kind of hard to change at this point, except for the AI who already get TWO Legends in their decks...

The P-40 'Flying Tiger' gives a very limited AP boost... perhaps we need more cards like that?

And same goes for 'Captured' since there's no way to free your unit! Allowing the 'Spy' power to remove negatives from your own troops would make them all quite powerful! Not every negative, that would be insanely OP! JUST Captured. And just 1 AP worth, not for the whole board with the 2 AP Order. I think.
Fight Bravely!
5Cats
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Aleksandr » 07 May 2016, 14:42

The whole concept of resource denial stinks. Being NOT allowed to play means no fun. Magic was a far advanced game by the time when this was discovered and it was too late to remove all of the Strip Mines, Sinkholes, Pox and stuff; morevoer there are host of special lands in MtG that need to be removed (like LoA, Bazaar, Karakas, Cradle, etc.) There's no such a need in WW2 and the whole idea of resource denial (whose only positive factor, and a questionable one, is that it opens a new tactical route) is unnecessary and should have been avoided from the very beginning, NAMELY when the WW2 team embraces a former Magic player.

The resource managment, and the equivalent of MtG's "mana development" (and even of its "play only the mana-efficient spells" premise) is somehow simulated by the AP-reducing cards like dudes that promote on etb, or by free equip units/items. However anything else above that is unnecessary, and due to a non-existant "mana-development" part of game, it's also a potentially dangerous concept (like Bombe) or even outright annoying and stifling .

Bombe, which for the most part does the same as AP burning resource denial, is at least tolerable, because it changes the AP ratio from 3:3 to 3:4, so it doesn't prevent the actual playing. AP burning does exactly that, it prevents the player from playing which is doubltelssly NOT fun. The fact that Bombe has repeating efect (a more powerful impact than one-shot Dambusters) is mitigated by the fact that it eats an item slot and is vulnerable to not only item removal,but also combat dmg and unit destruction orders; it's also a legend, which helps a lot, and it doesn't come in effect immediatelly.

There are several concepts and ideas that should NOT have been ported from The Other Game. Resource denial is doubtlessly one of them. If I'd wanted to play MtG with some of its annoying stuff, I could have stayed where I was 2 years (and 2 decades) ago.

WW2 is an amazing game and I really like it. But that's why I so much dislike the negative aspects of it, some of them inherent to the genre (tcg) some of them inherent to the medium (netgame). However adding anything beyond that, anything beyond randomness of a tcg and buggy nature of a project in constant development, is a mistake and an unfortunate and unnecessary one.

Cheers, Aleks
Aleksandr
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby gusgus78 » 10 May 2016, 11:15

Hello everyone!!

First of all, again, sorry for my english ...

As I wrote in another topic, I would like to give some suggestions (this time in the right topic) starting with my humble experience in TCG games and the obtained with several hours of playing this great wwii. I think that would give greater flexibility and capacity of strategies:

** Modification of existing cards: **

MAD JACK:
I think all the players agree that this unit is too powerful and it is almost always decisive. I think it should be worsen somehow.

ORDER No.270:
Perhaps it could be changed to something like:
1AP: Return your own unit to your "hand" (not to deck). Cost 6HP
2AP: Return your own unit to your "hand" (not to deck)
It would be interesting that the unit go to the current hand and not to deck. Thus, it would be more interesting to use. It would allow play cards that do something when come into play. As it is, in my opinion, it is not very useful.

COALITION:
With the late update, this order has done more harmful (if possible) by combining it with the elite British cards. Perhaps it could be worsen as:
1AP: All your British units gain +3/+0
1AP: All your British units gain +0/+5
2AP: All your British units gain +3/+5

DAMBUSTERS:
Perhaps it could be done Legendary to use only one per deck ... Decks with 2 DAMBUSTERS + 1 BOMBE + 2 SCORCHED EARTH are very difficult to defeat and can become rather boring.

** New skills/cards: ****************

INVINCIBLE (new card):
As noted in the other topic, it would be interesting an object that would grant this ability. Like many players said, it might be very powerful, but I think that an object can be destroyed (SABOTAGE) or disabled (SPY). Furthermore it could be limited to use only on tanks, for example.

FEAR (new skill):
I've thought again and based on the comments of many players could looks like:
1AP: All Enemy Infantries defense are reduced by X (or becomes X)
1AP: All Enemy Tanks defense are reduced by X (or becomes X)
1AP: All Enemy Planes defense are reduced by X (or becomes X)
Like WAR ROOM but targeting defense. Obviously, MAD JACK should be worsen substantially, but would enhance the use of ENEMY AT GATES which is currently not very useful, in my opinion.

PROUD (new skill):
Perhaps it could be added that the attack/defense of some units be X/X, where X depends in some way of the HP of the player. For example, dividing by 4 player HP, that unit could be 15/15 on first turn.

FORTUNE (new skill):
A skill/card by which a player could discard the current hand and new one could be obtained, such as:
1AP: Receive new hand of cards this turn.
So you are using 1AP you could try to get a new hand for best cards for the turn, lowering somehow the randomness of turn and allowing higher level of strategy.

ENIGMA (new skill):
A skill/card by which a player could search for any card in the deck and put it in his/her hand, as:
1AP: Search and put any card (or unit/item/order card) from your deck to your hand.

Finally, besides UNITS, ITEMS and ORDERS, I thought of a new variable of game: COMBAT ENVIROMENTS, that would work like permanents cards (until they were not destroyed) that could be played outside the 3 squares on the battlefield, but have a bearing on the battle, as: "at the end of the turn, all your unit get +1/+1"; or "at the begining of turn gain 5 HP"; or "at the end of your turn, ramdom enemy unit gets -3/-3"; etc.). This could generate another batch of cards that could create, destroy and change those COMBAT ENVIROMENTS (but perhaps the maximum number of cards of the deck should be increased to more than 30).

It's all for now.

Greetings to all!
gusgus78
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion