Player Suggestions!

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Player Suggestions!

Postby nAFAI » 12 May 2014, 14:53

Following Weasel's idea we are creating a Suggestion list where you can post the suggestion you would like to be added into the game and we will do our best to address them and implement them in game if feasible!

Keep them rolling!

1. It would be nice to see all of the mission parameters before dropping into the mission. The number of turns, the conditions etc. I was surprised by the addition of Do Not Defeat Enemy as a possibility and so my aircraft heavy deck was not the best choice. :)

Definetly something we will check, for the moment for the next update we have specified the levels that are Defeating the enemy via Turns (Capture) from the Defeating the Enemy without Turns limits. (Search & Destroy)

2. Some reward for replaying missions would be awesome. Even if it is only awarded for a 3-star victory, a little gold or a chance at a card would be great for replayability.

This is a bit tricky, it could lead to Gold Farming on easy Levels without spending lifes and would also affect a lot on how we balance the levels. I can see this being an issue now because there are only 100 Levels and since we have not yet invested in marketing the Pool for PvP players is quite low (the other option of obtaining goal), but ideally next month we will have everything rolling which will mean 10 to 20 new levels added per month and a constant pool of pvp players which will result in always having an option of earning gold.

3. Have gold equivalent pricing on on store items. The 250 gold pack is nice but it feels like there should be more ways to spend your gold

This is completly true now, but as JordanBei mentioned, we have plans of implementing the Historical Missions Update somewhere in summer which will result in a huge revamp on how the gold is earning/spending.

In order to participate in a Historical Mission you will have to complete the levels in that campaign with 3 Stars and Pay a fee in Gold. Historical Missions will always grant a reward but as further you go in those stages the better the reward will be (Rare & Epic Cards included) also, the higher in the Campaign Map that Historical Mission is placed, the higher the rewards will be and the harder the Mission will be.

Historical Missions will also represent real battles that took place in WWII, since we know the Single Player campaign takes a completly fictional story that can upset the WWII History lovers, Historical Missions may force you to use Faction decks and even force you to play specific units against the computer, take as an example the Historical Mission of Stalingrad: for instance you will be forced to play a Russian only deck with at least 3 Sniper units, the level also will have a short lore description of what really happened in that Battle.

With that we want to tackle two things that we understand are not as well covered as we desired. 1) The topic we mentioned before about obtaining Rare and Epic cards without spending real money and 2) The lack of real WWII history background the game currently has.

4. Similar to 3 above, being able to have a chance at an epic in a pack should be available with a gold purchase.

Historical Missions should also tackle this issue.

5. A way to buy gold through the store. This would need some sort of economy tweak where some cards/packs are only available with gold.

This is something we are constantly debating but for the moment we are avoiding it, nevertheless it could change in the future.

6. My suggestion would be like better rewards for online as its only 20 gold per win

Something to have an eye on, it could be that now is a bit too low since there are so very few games but this could be right and we may boost the overall income for PvP matches.

7. In the deck builder, when selecting a deck, the icon next to the card name should show what that card is at a glance. eg A Plane card shows a plane, an armored card would show a tank etc. As the number of cards increase and memorizing gets harder, it will be useful to see the card types.

Definetly something we will be implementing at some points in our next updates!

8. Tweaking the AI. For example: Play cards in the "right" order. If a card provides +1 to all other cards, AI should play that card last, not first. Upgrade their cards b4 they play an effect that rises their stats. Otherwise those get lost. Never play "loose 2 life's for each card on the battlefield" when that means that the AI then will die.

We will do some AI tweaks also, we understand is not perfect at its current state!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Re: Player Suggestions!

Postby Weasel » 12 May 2014, 17:39

Regarding getting SOMETHING from replaying, you could always have a sliding scale, factoring the current player level with the mission level and assigning a reward based on the difference. eg Level 100 player playing a level 20 mission will not have any chance of getting rewards but a level 100 player, replaying a level 75 mission would have some chance at some gold. Farming may not be that much of a problem since it takes TIME to play each mission and that, at least in my case, is the most valuable commodity. :)

Another suggestion:
In the deck builder, when selecting a deck, the icon next to the card name should show what that card is at a glance. eg A Plane card shows a plane, an armored card would show a tank etc. As the number of cards increase and memorizing gets harder, it will be useful to see the card types .
Last edited by Weasel on 12 May 2014, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.
Weasel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 12 May 2014, 18:28

Tweaking the AI. For example:
Play cards in the "right" order. If a card provides +1 to all other cards, AI should play that card last, not first.
Upgrade their cards b4 they play an effect that rises their stats. Otherwise those get lost.
Never play "loose 2 life's for each card on the battlefield" when that means that the AI then will die.
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby nAFAI » 13 May 2014, 14:21

Weasel wrote:Regarding getting SOMETHING from replaying, you could always have a sliding scale, factoring the current player level with the mission level and assigning a reward based on the difference. eg Level 100 player playing a level 20 mission will not have any chance of getting rewards but a level 100 player, replaying a level 75 mission would have some chance at some gold. Farming may not be that much of a problem since it takes TIME to play each mission and that, at least in my case, is the most valuable commodity. :)

Another suggestion:
In the deck builder, when selecting a deck, the icon next to the card name should show what that card is at a glance. eg A Plane card shows a plane, an armored card would show a tank etc. As the number of cards increase and memorizing gets harder, it will be useful to see the card types .

Your suggestions for replaying levels is quite a good one Weasel! The problem is that as easy as that may initially sound it will need quite a bit of work from the programming point, but definetly something worth taking a loot once we have a bit more of Manpower in the team.

Your Deckbuilder Idea is also a good one, it's infact something we have discussed here a lot, and definetly something we will be implementing at some points in our next updates!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby nAFAI » 13 May 2014, 14:22

Valsolo wrote:Tweaking the AI. For example:
Play cards in the "right" order. If a card provides +1 to all other cards, AI should play that card last, not first.
Upgrade their cards b4 they play an effect that rises their stats. Otherwise those get lost.
Never play "loose 2 life's for each card on the battlefield" when that means that the AI then will die.

Added to the list too!

We know we can tweak a bit the IA but also we need some extra manpower or the things to be more stable in the game to jump again on that, but definetly something we will be tweaking also!

Cheers!
nAFAI
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby sleonardo » 13 May 2014, 17:33

Regarding Lives and the loss of a life...

Is it possible to only have loss a life (1 life), when playing a new mission one has not yet defeated before?

I like to use older completed missions to tweak a deck. When deck tweaking, I sometimes have to exit game and accept defeat without finishing the whole mission. At some point, hitting the maximum life for tweaking a deck will become annoying.
sleonardo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Weasel » 15 May 2014, 23:01

Here are a couple more:

1. When in the PVP queue and you enter the deck builder, there should be a warning that you cannot save any changes. This is only apparent when you try and save the deck and can lead to wasted time for the user.

2. Similarly, there should be the PVP control icon visible in the lower right of the deck builder so the user has the option to leave the queue and thereby save the changes they made to the deck.

I just had these happen. :)
Weasel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Valsolo » 16 May 2014, 13:26

sleonardo wrote:Regarding Lives and the loss of a life...

Is it possible to only have loss a life (1 life), when playing a new mission one has not yet defeated before?

I like to use older completed missions to tweak a deck. When deck tweaking, I sometimes have to exit game and accept defeat without finishing the whole mission. At some point, hitting the maximum life for tweaking a deck will become annoying.

When tweaking a deck. Use the 1vs1 function & put up 2 decks, play on both sides :) At least that's how I practice :)
Missing just 1 little card.... Type 4 rocket launcher.... Any one up 4 a trade :)
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Valsolo » 18 May 2014, 11:47

Please take away the option to say NO, after you've signed up,for the online queue. As it is now I suspect ppl are thinking more about winning gold than actually playing. If one wants to play a PvP game, then they should play it NO MATTER who accepts the challenge.

This way there WILL be more games.

Right now 9/10 of the challenges gets cancelled.... Sad...
Valsolo
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Weasel » 21 May 2014, 12:32

I would like to see the ability to take back a deployment. Sometimes I rethink my strategy and would like to play one unit rather than another. Having the ability to retract a unit before you hit the big red button would be useful.
Weasel
Sergeant
Sergeant

Next

Return to General Discussion