Raid diffucult

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raid diffucult

Postby Aine » 05 Nov 2018, 07:22

Another week of Opera Z + Brumbeat combination. Why, why do you hate us so much?
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 31 Jan 2019, 08:12

Aine wrote:Another week of Opera Z + Brumbeat combination. Why, why do you hate us so much?

And here we are again...

Could you balance the Operation Z somehow? The Hard and Expert are unplayable, as the AI simply craps on all my units and proceeds to kill me in three turns. The Greater Sneak Attack always kills one unit per turn, and the AI simply rolls over me. I currently play Expert and I dealt 113 damage in three ticks, which is aprox. 37 dmg/tick, which means I'd need roughly 81 ticks to finish this raid in 20 days. Kinda bit overdone, isn't it?
Last edited by Aine on 31 Jan 2019, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 31 Jan 2019, 08:41

Hey Anie,

We did some changes in the past and the damage per ticket went high (even more that we expected, of course new cards help) but we don't want to trivialize hard and expert difficult. We'll check again when as we intend to do changes on raids in the future (and add something new!).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 31 Jan 2019, 11:12

mtormo wrote:Hey Anie,

We did some changes in the past and the damage per ticket went high (even more that we expected, of course new cards help) but we don't want to trivialize hard and expert difficult. We'll check again when as we intend to do changes on raids in the future (and add something new!).

Regards,

I think that there's a big gap between Easy and Medium and then Hard and Expert. Both Easy and Med seem the same, there's not much difference and they can be won without much difficulty. Then Hard and Expert are brutal. The big version of Sneak Attack simply kills any unit coz there's not much to do with a unit that has 1 hp left. Either the big ship with brutality tramples over it, or the 3dmg INF kills it, or w/e.
I think that there should be some progression from Easy to Expert, but right now it feels like there are two difficulties only: Easium and Harpert.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 01 Feb 2019, 08:51

Hello Aine,

Yes, you can consider that there're two tier of difficulty raids (Easy-Medium and Hard-Expert), each of one shares mostly the same cards and "battle event" while only increasing health and sometimes a card.

While the gap between Medium and Hard is bigger than the others, we preferred to reduce the difficulty between Easy and Medium instead of make it more progressive (as it was in the past where each difficulty have some different cards).

We received good feedback where platoons could do at least 2 difficulties (while sometimes in the past they failed to complete them).

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 01 Feb 2019, 15:08

Hello!

Well, this sounds reasonable! But be warned that there's one small trouble: it basically means that some players may be unable to play above-Medium difficulties. Granted, this needn't affect everyone, but for me this week ended on Wednesday, as I don't even play Drumbeat at all, and OperaZ Hard/Expert went like 180 dmg/DAY; yes, DAY not TICKET.

Cheers!
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 01 Feb 2019, 15:35

Aine wrote:Hello!

Well, this sounds reasonable! But be warned that there's one small trouble: it basically means that some players may be unable to play above-Medium difficulties. Granted, this needn't affect everyone, but for me this week ended on Wednesday, as I don't even play Drumbeat at all, and OperaZ Hard/Expert went like 180 dmg/DAY; yes, DAY not TICKET.

Cheers!

I am guessing devs tailor Hard and Expert for top raiding players...and Easy and Medium for the average players...
Some guys have incredible numbers on Expert...and would skyrocket if those were made easier...i see them in our platoon sometimes...

I always try one or two in ExpertHard SOLO...then go and do the 4 EasyMed...if all goes well i end with 5 or 6...
I am guessing that if someone does all 4 EasyMeds by wednesday then PERHAPS he could do one on HARD (from wednesday to sunday) instead of one on medium...no?

By the way...this causes another problem, that i know will sound bad...as only affects top platoons...
The battlepass task to do 100 raids is TOO TIGHT...particularly in February...you get 112 possible raids...BUT in some platoons all raids are over by Friday...making it almost impossible, as you lose at least 4 days each month...
NOT THIS WEEK as raids are hard...but if you make a week with 2 easy raids they wont last until Sunday...
10.000 Lemmings can't be wrong...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 04 Feb 2019, 07:46

Assassin wrote:I am guessing devs tailor Hard and Expert for top raiding players...and Easy and Medium for the average players...
Some guys have incredible numbers on Expert...and would skyrocket if those were made easier...i see them in our platoon sometimes...

Just a small note: I didn't want the Expert easier, I wanted difficulty steps between Easy-Med-Hard-Exp. Right now the raids on bottom are the same (and easy) while the top two are extremely difficult (and the same).
But it's a pointless debate, as each player has different experiences wit hdifferent decks and the raids thus cannot be balanced to each person.

Regards
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 03 Mar 2019, 08:49

Drumbeat is truly stupid.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 04 Mar 2019, 08:43

Hello,

We're introducing some changes (some of them are in place, and others will take place in the following weeks) to raids (targeting the "enemy" deck on those raids that the damage done is not consistent). You will see that some cards are no longer appearing (or they have just "downgraded" to a lower rarity) instead of doing big changes such as raid health or the raid ability.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion