Raid diffucult

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raid diffucult

Postby mtormo » 29 Mar 2018, 07:52

Hello,

I understand your frustration. The time we have spent without changing the raids (last changes were on November and December and they weren't enough) has been too long. Adding new content is just a part, reducing the difficulty of the raids is a priority of this update (specially the Easy and Medium version, we're testing the changes, not just on the IA decks but the "raid's ability" too).

I understand that this information won't change anything "for this week" but at least we're transparent about what we're doing right now.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Truckeye » 29 Mar 2018, 11:38

These are good botdecks for the top players that can't find opponents. I hope medium and hard get looked at eventually. I've been playing a year and likely won't finish a solo raid.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Truckeye » 11 Jun 2018, 03:06

So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 11 Jun 2018, 16:42

Truckeye wrote:So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?

Err...not sure what decks, but Berlin is easier than the brit raid...at least in easy.

Braver Platoon mates say it gets mad at hard and expert (didnt try myself)...but at easy and medium, Berlin is HARD but possible...WITH DECKS HAVING CRAFTED AND DIAMOND CARDS.

Probably the problem is the underlined sentence above...i think devs have been "optimizing" the game and raids for those 50 or so players that have high power raid decks...which makes "EASY" raids only "EASY" for those 50 or so...and effectively making raids range from "VERY HARD" to "INSANE" for the majority of players...
(WORD MAJORITY is important-ish)

I am guessing a higher SPREAD between EASY and EXPERT is required...which will make "EASY" easier for those 50 or so (probably me included) but "DOABLE" for the majority of players...

I can understand that the card quality spread is BIG...but as said before...EASY raids should mean raids doable for platoons below top 10 rank...me thinks! Even if it makes them "too easy" for top players...it isnt an Enlisted pack and 200 BPs that will make me a rich man...and the ability to make raids is FUNDAMENTAL for platoons to be fun! Many platoons see raids as something too hard to matter...and it shouldnt be so...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Aine » 12 Jun 2018, 07:17

Truckeye wrote:So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?

Indeed. :-D

I've played Berlin EASY and I dealt 630 dmg yesterday with a Panzer Deck (6x Orange, 24x blue card), and then 820 dmg today with Luftwaffle Deck (4x Orange, 26x blue card). Idk what better deck should I build from cards that I don't own, crafted with raid points I don't have, gained in a time I'm not going to waste, but whatever.
So IF things go well, I MAY finish the EASY radi on Wednesday, gaining minuscule reward for three days of suffering.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 12 Jun 2018, 07:38

Hello,

While can be a discrepancy between different raids, keep in mind that the purpose in raids when you start is not about completing multiple raids but having the opportunity to complete at least one. (You can complete in easy with platoon members if you are level 75-100)

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Aine » 12 Jun 2018, 07:46

mtormo wrote:Hello,

While can be a discrepancy between different raids, keep in mind that the purpose in raids when you start is not about completing multiple raids but having the opportunity to complete at least one. (You can complete in easy with platoon members if you are level 75-100)

Regards,

I wrote about SOLO raid, I don(t play team. If I need 3,25 days to finish the EASY raid with my high-end deck, I believe that any novice player may have troubles to finish it at all.
I'm tempted to try the raid with some suboptimal deck, and in fact I can do it on Sunday, when I'll have useless remaining raid points.
Maybe you should warn the newbies that this raid is really difficult, and give them an advice to play the other solo raid first.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Assassin » 12 Jun 2018, 11:17

mtormo wrote:Hello,

Regards,

Again...i understand the freemium game model...and this is a business and such...

But you aware that an individual raid will provide the player with around 200 BPs...and that the MINIMUM for crafting anything is 2000 BPs...with usual diamond cards requiring 2000x3+8000 which is 14000BPs...(not to mention a diamond card that requires crafting from crafted epics...i dont even recall the BP cost of a National Medal...but its huge)
So...individual player will have to win 10 raids for a crafted elite...and 70 raids for a diamond card...one per week 1 diamond card takes WAY OVER A YEAR.
If you do one each week you can see this as a kind of long task...i gave up on other games where you had to wait WEEKS for any type of meaningful upgrade...it reduces motivation...

I am aware that in our platoon (and other 2 or 3) numbers are quite different...and i understand that you want to keep some "control" on the number of top cards...but game PROGRESS should be fun for everyone...we have other issues...NOT THIS ONE.

My point...EASY should be EASY-ish ;) And individual raid rewards should probably be revised some...

Suggestion...what about a "Beginner Bonus" like some other games have...where your Blueprints rewards are multiplied while you have less than X Blueprints/Diamonds/Whatever...?
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 13 Jun 2018, 09:01

Hello,

A bonus for new players sounds good, we're always looking for improvements to make players to get into "the game" faster.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Truckeye » 14 Jun 2018, 04:00

I started with Berlin Hard with solo. I dont think I ever finished full 6 turns. Usually get killed with 3 left. Yesterday and Today it froze up and cost me a ticket. Is this a common occurrence with others? I never have freeze up problems but twice on same raid... :idea:

Our platoon already quit Berlin hard with much cursing of FS and went back to Barbarossa. :(
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion