Postby Aine » 01 Jan 2018, 22:08

My platoon tried Medium Pearl H. These are the results after first day:

much fun. very interesting. so thrilling. wow
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Raid diffucult

Postby FS_KZK » 01 Jan 2018, 23:04

Both of this raids are only for "high end raid decks". Don't understand how both are at the same week... no chance for low and med. lvl. Players.
Drumbeat exp I did 1851 today. That's ok for me.
In my current platoon we started pearl easy:

I think this numbers show that new players can't do them both... and it shows the big gap between newbies (66) and old sharks (2813). no chance without full diamond deck...
tooo big I think
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 02 Jan 2018, 00:09

I think raids are random...or at least the algorithm doesn't take into consideration raid difficulty...
There was a week before with two easy raids...so it goes both ways...

Of course having these two raids on the same week will create a LOT of frustration...and it should have been avoided...
TO BE CLEAR...being and AVERAGE PLAYER doing these raids feels like HITTING A BRICK WALL...ON EASY!!!

By the way...dont know how you (Hunter) did 2813 :D ...guys here not newbies...and not up to 2000 yet...(not sure if all used 4 tickets...)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Truckeye » 02 Jan 2018, 04:16

These 2 raids are always paired together. It's total bulls!t and they have ignored the players since it started.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 02 Jan 2018, 10:06

Truckeye wrote:These 2 raids are always paired together. It's total bulls!t and they have ignored the players since it started.

No they arent...sorry...

We got the brit RAID as second RAID several Times with other pairs...easy to remember bcs there is never any discussion on which to do first :D
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby FS_KZK » 02 Jan 2018, 10:46

2 little tips for the jap raid:
1. Use sniper items. They protect you're units verry good.
2. The ai plays from left to right. Deploy units come 90% in left or middle slot (when left is full). So play the units you want to die (promoters) on left slot and units you want to surwives on right. Yamamato don't move line. Play a blitz in front ;). Most time he comes in middle slot.
Average so far 725 per ticket (pearl easy)

At brit raids units that increase atack by getting damage (German ships) work good. In combination with blitz you can make big damage. Ai also plays stronger units left and weaker right.
Greets
Hunter86
FS_KZK
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aine » 02 Jan 2018, 10:50

Ok, enough is enough yet again.

So the AI starts with five APs, while we got three APs. They also got virtual AP advantage through the fvcking Sneak Attack. Furthermore, it also has a unit that heals bakc its lives, and having that many APs and not much need to care about my stuff (as it dies to Sneak), it may heal at will. And of course the deck is totally OP, I can't imagine what should I do to acquire something similar. Remind you: this is medium, the second most easy difficulty. This is bonkers, and I don't even care if it was "tested" and it didn't look that bad: it is bad, period, just read your own customers' report.

And, it's also extremely silly to make the raids rotation automatic. If you can't manage them properly and thus cannot reliably bring one easy raid per week for the beginners, then screw the rotation at all, and leave all raids available everytime. Also, I'm not bitching just because I'm having troubles, in fact I'm having the best results in our platoon, but this raid is disgusting, and considering that gaming should be fun, this really is an opposite of that.

I will make a prediction for you, Frozenshard. Unless you change your direction really fast, then In one year you will lose 90 % of your customers and you'll gain one new player for every ten that will leave.
As I already wrote: I won't support this game in any financial way. If this'd be a paper CCG, I'd be cashing out right now until it's too late. But alas...
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 04 Jan 2018, 08:47

There is one thing that I absolutely don't understand about the raids: the difficulty scaling, or better said - the lack of it.

I played Operation Drumbeat EASY on Mon-Tue and finished it without much trouble in exactly two days, dealing 250/ticket and having fun.
Now I'm playing Drumbeat MEDIUM which is just one difficulty level higher, and I dealt 848 dmg so far, which means that I'm able to deal some 106 dmg per ticket. Not to mention that this feels like hiting a wall with bare knuckles, it's not only NOT fun, but I'd also love to know how I'd fare in say HARD. Would the raid end in negative numbers?
Seriously, I'd love to know what's the idea behind these raids. Should we buy a ticket after ticket? Well, but with the results like my last one (69 damage, woot!), it doesn't even make any sense. So should we try another tactic? Ok, but which one? Should I spend a gorillion of (non-existant) raid points to purchase a completely new deck from the cards that I don't even have?

IDK. Maybe I'm just burnt out, but it's a strange coincidence that my burnout is related so perfectly with the introduction of new patch.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 05 Jan 2018, 07:39

Today's results of Drumbeat Medium with a deck featuring two diamonds and twenty+ elites:

Highlights:
game 1: AI starts with three "Immune to combat dmg" units, one in each column. Lol. I proceed to deal 44 dmg with Panthers and insane good luck, then on its last turn AI heals back 22 life.
game 2: Shitload of Blitzkrieg lets me deal quite enough punishment; this was the only "enjoyable" game, or at least not a disgusting one.
game 3: AI gets the "remove all items" ship twice, and lots of untouchables. I somehow deal a bit of dmg which would be silly in any other context, but now it's a reason to celebrate.
game 4: AI starts with Challengwer + Thicker Armour, diamond Tortoise A39, HMS Nelson and +0/+4 command effectively blanking my turn. So. Much. Fvcking. Fun.

Now, of course that I could try a different deck, but there are three "but".
First of all, I'm not a little bit interested in building anything for a game I'm considering to abandon.
Second, even if I'd intoxicate myself enough to waste my time with deck building, this game moved so far in the direction of OP stuff, that I can't even build any other strong deck simply because I don't have any other strong cards.
Third reason is that I'm playing a damned medium raid, I should be able to enjoy it without pain. I can't imagine beginners' reaction, they must think that the raids were never tested.

I hope that I'll finish this radi with enough ticks (maybe whole Sun?) to try the HARD or EXPERT, as I'm interested how far we can go. When Easy is already challenging, and medium is reougnant, I guess that the experience with the higher difficulties will be not of this world.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby Aine » 07 Jan 2018, 07:58

Ok, so after finishing Drumbeat Medium, I was left with just one tick to try Drumbeat Hard. Th result is far from conclusive, because one game is totally insignificant, but whatever.
This is the deck that I used. It is NOT open for any criticism, I'm not interested in any discussion about how I could/should/would build more efficient deck. This is meant only as an example that a close-to-op deck is completely void of any results in a raid, and that this raid is either untested or deliberately designed to be unplayable.

1x Ramcke (Crafted Elite)
1x Horten Ho 229

2x Messerschmitt 262 (Crafted Elite)
2x Stuka (Crafted Elite)
2x Hetzer (Crafted Elite)
2x Heinkel He-219 (Crafted Elite)
2x Messerschmitt Bf 109 (Crafted Elite)
2x Focke-Wulf FW 190 (Crafted Elite)

1x Gunto, Military Sword
1x M2 Browning

2x Iron Cross (Crafted Elite)
2x MP 40 (Crafted Elite)
2x Camouflage Net (Crafted Elite)

2x 305mm Howitzer
2x Marshal Baton
2x Blitzkrieg (Crafted Elite)
2x Heroic Speech (Crafted Elite)

With the above deck I was able to reach the below amazing result:

Damage done: 69
Enemy heal: -23
Result: 46

I'm speechless.

There's one thing that I find positive about this result, and it's the fact that there definitely IS a difference between EASY and HARD, as I was able to deal the EASY 2000 damage in two days, while to finish the HARD 2500 points, I'd need two weeks. But otoh, the MEDIUM raid that took me close to five days (19 ticks to be exact), and that was annoyingly frustrating to finish, is something that I did not expect and that I find weird.
I'm fine with difficult raids, after all some ahrks may find them interesting and challenging. What I dislike is the fact that there was no choice on this week and we've had to decide from two bothersome and impossible raids.
/rant

I think that my days here are finished. There's not much (reason) for debate about the (recent development of) game. After all it's a free or at least cheap game, nobody's forcing me to play it, and the developer is a small company that is doing its best with its limited sources and manpower. I'm just a little bit sad that I'm going to lose another hobby and that I had to go through a bitter frustration to realize that the fun is over, but nvm, worse things happen. I will play few raids here and there, try the 2PvP daily duty (if I'll find bots...) and that's about it.

Bye.
Aine
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion