Balance in the Diamond age...issues

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Balance in the Diamond age...issues

Postby Assassin » 12 Feb 2018, 10:53

Aine wrote:There is only one possible solution, a rollback. Remove the bloody diamonds at all, or at least make them unavailable in pvp.
(...)
also, fix the OP cards, ffs, it's extremely annoying to play against say ROI or other crap.

Although i dont agree with the first sentence and still see diamonds as a good thing...i do think some balancing is needed...hence this post...some cards are tilting the field too much and some card COMBOS even more...

BUT...i dont see a scenario where you can have balanced matches between "semi-newbies" and "semi-sharks"...this wasnt possible since season 1...unless you severely cripple the "semi-sharks" ability to use cards...even without diamonds...(or i am not interpreting the word "semi" correctly).
I am using a deck with ONE diamond card...and semi-newbies would have problems fighting it because it has considerable faction integration...base mostly on crafted cards...
The solution here would be more in matchmaking i think...

My matchmaking is working, but i am in the middle of the ranking so i get players from the top (as i should) and some also below me...but no evident unbalance...most players i play have some diamond and several crafted cards...
There always was a problem finding matches for top5 players...they must fight someone ;) (but the differences mentioned here are two big, yes)
Assassin
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby afturganga » 12 Feb 2018, 17:43

Assassin wrote:
My matchmaking is working, but i am in the middle of the ranking so i get players from the top (as i should) and some also below me...but no evident unbalance...most players i play have some diamond and several crafted cards...
There always was a problem finding matches for top5 players...they must fight someone ;) (but the differences mentioned here are two big, yes)

It's hard and interesting that it work for you. I couldn't said that.

My rating is 1300 more or less and thats my last battles :

1. Bot
2. Avitus (more than 1300 rating points above)
3. PKKA platoon leader (more than 800 points above)
4. Bot
5. Avitus
6. Keule (400 points above)
and so on

I play a jap Tank Deck with no diamond and only one legendary card , had no rating last month ( not played ) so i should NEVER play against any of theese guys. It neither makes fun nor anything else and if that is the way frozenshard wants to aquire / require new players : it failed.

Of course i can made my deck again weaker but that shouldn't be the way
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby athel » 13 Feb 2018, 12:56

Yes the devs seem to have relaxed the matchmaking strictures. At one time my deck with a few crafted would never be matched against sharks. Now it is and I get matched against Russian air decks with diamond Ron a lot. This is a change for the worse. Devs seem to be always tweaking matchmaking. At the moments it is not working well for anyone except the sharks.
athel
Private
Private

Previous

Return to General Discussion