Balance in the Diamond age...issues

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Balance in the Diamond age...issues

Postby Assassin » 12 Feb 2018, 10:53

Aine wrote:There is only one possible solution, a rollback. Remove the bloody diamonds at all, or at least make them unavailable in pvp.
(...)
also, fix the OP cards, ffs, it's extremely annoying to play against say ROI or other crap.

Although i dont agree with the first sentence and still see diamonds as a good thing...i do think some balancing is needed...hence this post...some cards are tilting the field too much and some card COMBOS even more...

BUT...i dont see a scenario where you can have balanced matches between "semi-newbies" and "semi-sharks"...this wasnt possible since season 1...unless you severely cripple the "semi-sharks" ability to use cards...even without diamonds...(or i am not interpreting the word "semi" correctly).
I am using a deck with ONE diamond card...and semi-newbies would have problems fighting it because it has considerable faction integration...base mostly on crafted cards...
The solution here would be more in matchmaking i think...

My matchmaking is working, but i am in the middle of the ranking so i get players from the top (as i should) and some also below me...but no evident unbalance...most players i play have some diamond and several crafted cards...
There always was a problem finding matches for top5 players...they must fight someone ;) (but the differences mentioned here are two big, yes)
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby afturganga » 12 Feb 2018, 17:43

Assassin wrote:
My matchmaking is working, but i am in the middle of the ranking so i get players from the top (as i should) and some also below me...but no evident unbalance...most players i play have some diamond and several crafted cards...
There always was a problem finding matches for top5 players...they must fight someone ;) (but the differences mentioned here are two big, yes)

It's hard and interesting that it work for you. I couldn't said that.

My rating is 1300 more or less and thats my last battles :

1. Bot
2. Avitus (more than 1300 rating points above)
3. PKKA platoon leader (more than 800 points above)
4. Bot
5. Avitus
6. Keule (400 points above)
and so on

I play a jap Tank Deck with no diamond and only one legendary card , had no rating last month ( not played ) so i should NEVER play against any of theese guys. It neither makes fun nor anything else and if that is the way frozenshard wants to aquire / require new players : it failed.

Of course i can made my deck again weaker but that shouldn't be the way
afturganga
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby athel » 13 Feb 2018, 12:56

Yes the devs seem to have relaxed the matchmaking strictures. At one time my deck with a few crafted would never be matched against sharks. Now it is and I get matched against Russian air decks with diamond Ron a lot. This is a change for the worse. Devs seem to be always tweaking matchmaking. At the moments it is not working well for anyone except the sharks.
athel
Private
Private

Postby Assassin » 14 Mar 2018, 19:25

Just curious...any news on matchmaking/balance/new cards...?

Russian air decks are increasing a lot...starts to be a "problem"...i.e. people complaining in chat

Some suggestions...a card to counter "captured", a nerf to Diamond Ron, a reduction of the number of Russian cards that provide free deploy (4 aircraft seems more than usual), some other card/ability to counter aircraft or deploy units...
(Not all at same time of course...and just suggestions i didnt think about a lot...thats devs job :lol: )
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby mtormo » 15 Mar 2018, 08:36

Hello,

I'll create a topic next week like we did in the past for the Sealords. We'll explain what we're doing, our ideas and a place where you can share your feedback.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby gusgus78 » 15 Mar 2018, 12:54

Assassin wrote:Some suggestions...a card to counter "captured", a nerf to Diamond Ron, a reduction of the number of Russian cards that provide free deploy (4 aircraft seems more than usual), some other card/ability to counter aircraft or deploy units...

Maybe rollback LA-7 2AP to promote it on Tier1 to Tier2... as before last Update.

As Assa says -and many people on chat-, [Russian Air/Ron] deck is the new copy+paste "standard" deck if you want to win over 90% of your PvP blattles (as it was [German Inf/Arm] and [British Inf/Arm/Air] ones). Seeing same deck, over and over, knowing what are they going to play even before they do, its really boring.... :oops:

And please, we need a Noborito Laboratory that kill Ships :twisted:

Greetings!
gusgus78
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby mtormo » 16 Mar 2018, 08:44

Hello,

We're aware that some type/faction combinations are currently "overpower" and we'll use the next update/expansion to fix that. We have collected all your feedback from the previous months (and reviewed pvp matches) that help us to do the changes.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Truckeye » 26 Mar 2018, 03:52

gusgus78 wrote:
Assassin wrote:

And please, we need a Noborito Laboratory that kill Ships :twisted:

Greetings!

There is one, its called Submarine Hunter
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Truckeye » 26 Mar 2018, 04:03

mtormo wrote:Hello,

I'll create a topic next week like we did in the past for the Sealords. We'll explain what we're doing, our ideas and a place where you can share your feedback.

Regards,

Is there a timeline since last week came and went? I see some comments about working on PVP, solo raids, and some overpowered cards. No mention of fixing Pearl and Atlantic, despite assurances and telling us thanks for the feedback on the Raids difficulty thread.
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aine » 26 Mar 2018, 07:04

Ok, I'm done with this. I'll finish this week solely because my platoon kinda depends on me dealing the 1/4 of raid dmg, and then I'll say goodbye.

You changed nothing, and I got enough of it.
There are no changes in raids inner structures, and they once again came in pairs of the disgusting ones.
I still cannot surrender in PvP without temporal penalty.
Diamonds weren't fixed.

Sunday may see my last involvment in both forum and the very game. I got better ways how to waste my time.
But really, it is not fun at all to play those two broken raids. It is a punishment and I have no f...n idea what I am being punished for.

So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?
Aine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion