Packs

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Packs

Postby Johnwayne » 11 Jan 2018, 23:20

Hi,

I’m sure fs has enough to do; however, I would like to introduce an idea. My favorite thing about the game is opening packs and getting new cards. Even so this has become a little less exciting after accumulating a lot of cards. Except for the chance of a reward card from raid packs there are no special cards to get lucky with in regular packs except legends which are worth 250 gold. It would make opening packs more exciting if there were the possibility of getting really lucky. Although everything can be made into an advantage for diehard players this could be exciting and an advantage for newer players to obtain exclusive cards that veterans don’t have. This idea of “inserts” which is common place in trading card packs could include special units, items, orders, gold, blueprints, better packs, crafted cards, raid tickets, free missions, portraits, upgrades like boosts and deck slots, animations, card variations, the possibilities are endless. The odds should be appropriate to the perceived value of the item not to water down achievements but this would give every player who opens a pack a chance of the winning the lottery feeling! My belief is this would introduce a wrinkle into the rigid caste system of building cards from ground up generating player enthusiasm.
Johnwayne
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: Packs

Postby jcwill23 » 12 Jan 2018, 08:10

There are some of us that open one pack a day. Often more, but not much more.
There are some that open 100+ per week.
Regardless of the odds, eventually the people that opening more packs will get more of the special rewards.

To counter this, I would add to JW's proposal to limit the effect to a certain number of packs per day. Perhaps only the first one.
FS knows when they award the daily "open pack" duty reward. Spin the wheel then.

This, of course, does not answer the "open in pack is less fun the more I open" pattern.

Craig
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 12 Jan 2018, 09:03

Hello,

Both ideas are nice and interesting. We're always thinking about what we can add into the game (different aspects for cards, portraits, characters,...) and the balance between new players and veteran players. We'll see what we can add into the game with the new set of cards.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Postby Pieterr » 12 Jan 2018, 11:18

Hello,

I'd like to share my ideas on this subject as well,...

First of all, I agree that opening packs and the excitement of getting a nice card is a huge part of the fun of every collectable card game.
I like the idea of new players having something veterans don't as well. In fact,... a lot.
I also agree with Craig. Veterans open more packs than new players do. So here is a nice puzzle,...

Increasing the fun of opening packs by getting a chance of a really special reward.
Veterans open more packs, so they have an advantage over the new players. Simply because they have more chances to obtain the special reward.
If you'd limit this feature by restricting it to the first pack only it would decrease the fun of opening packs,...

It seems like a puzzle to me.

I wish I could have been of more help on this issue.

Cheers
Pieter
Pieterr
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Assassin » 12 Jan 2018, 11:46

It is rather easy and self regulating...just make some of the prizes something very valuable to a new player...but not so much for a veteran one. BUT keep also things that are valuable to veterans of course...

Examples...for newbies
Legendaries Starter Pack x3...Maus, Gunto and Montegomery (or whatever...cards that veterans always have and newbies dont...and would like to...just chose from the earlier ones)
Crafted Epic cards (vets have or can make most of them...except sealords of course)
Rewards inversely proportional to number of cards in player deck...for example..."Multiple Epics"...a guy with 50 would get one epic...a guy with less than 10 would get 5.
BPs or Gold chests will be proportionally more valuable for newbies...4000gold or blueprints is a weekly thing for me...but a jackpot for a newbie
Free Packs...same concept...

For veterans...
Crafted Legends or Diamonds
Crafted Sealords
Special Card...get one that you dont have (game would check a card missing from collection...this would also incentive players to collect all cards)
FREE CRAFT...would craft a Legendary or Epic you already own for free (either random or player selected)

Dont make this proportional to some score...or players would lower it to get the rewards...proportional to "cards in deck" cant be abused i think...

Bear in mind...IT IS the pack opening and deck building that keeps me coming back...not raids, pvp or whatever...most vets come back searching for that few cards thy dont have...and the kid feeling we get when we open a pack!!!

SIDE NOTE...there is come speculation that new players get better stuff from Enlisted packs...it can be a perspective issue (i.e. when you have few legendaries any new one seems fantastic), a random occurrence or a hidden game thing...just curious if this is possible...
Assassin
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

Postby jcwill23 » 13 Jan 2018, 12:42

Great post Assassin

Craig
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby mtormo » 15 Jan 2018, 08:36

Hello,

This post is very interesting, it's one of our current points of discussion (what we can do to accelerate the new players while offering something new for veteran players). It's a difficult balance but we hope to do several changes this year (with new cards too!).

As we really enjoy this community, we'll love to do several community events on the forum to help us with the creation of the new cards (choose the Art, stats, everything!). We'll first need to decide what kind of event we do and we'll glad to know your opinions on this topic too.

Regards,
mtormo
WWIITCG Admin
WWIITCG Admin

Return to General Discussion