Raid diffucult

Discuss anything related to World War II: TCG

Moderator: mtormo

Re: Raid diffucult

Postby Assassin » 14 Jun 2018, 08:17

Truckeye wrote:I started with Berlin Hard with solo. I dont think I ever finished full 6 turns. Usually get killed with 3 left. Yesterday and Today it froze up and cost me a ticket. Is this a common occurrence with others? I never have freeze up problems but twice on same raid... :idea:

Our platoon already quit Berlin hard with much cursing of FS and went back to Barbarossa. :(

Even a top platoon i know didnt risk starting in hard...we went for easy first to check how it was...and adjust decks...stronglord pack may look good, but risks were "predictable"

We will probably also do hard...but wont try expert...in solo i stopped at medium...and went to baltic op

New raid has an obvious difficulty jump between medium and hard...

As to freezes...not common in raids (much more in pvp)...but happens a few times...less than 1 in 100 for me
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Truckeye » 15 Jun 2018, 04:02

Well ya we had high hopes after the miserable failure of drumbeat and the like that FS might listen. Ten-Go and Midway were really nice. This raid just sucks the fun out of it for me. I was on a roll getting 5 pvp wins for the 100 gold. Which was huge for me since before I just got my 2 for duty points. The last 2 days I didnt get 2 wins because after playing Berlin, I just didnt care. Berlin just sucks. I had hoped to win a solo vs it but doesnt look likely. -1 pt ticket. game freezes. 30pt tickets. just no fun. Now there are 3 miserable raids floating around and more likely to get 2 on the same week. sigh. :roll:
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Aine » 15 Jun 2018, 05:44

I dealt 1k dmg in three TICKS playing Baltic EXP, while I needed three DAYS to finish Berlin EASY. Something's wrong... at least with Berlin rewards.
But really, it is not fun at all to play those two broken raids. It is a punishment and I have no f...n idea what I am being punished for.

So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?
Aine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Trampon » 15 Jun 2018, 09:31

I used 15 tickets to beat solo Berlin Easy. Thats nothing to be proud about, but in fact I did not tune deck for it, used quite standard German ship/air units which get stronger with damage received. I would be happy to do this raid with 8-10 tickets.
First to Fight
Trampon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Postby Assassin » 15 Jun 2018, 11:49

Aine wrote:I dealt 1k dmg in three TICKS playing Baltic EXP, while I needed three DAYS to finish Berlin EASY. Something's wrong... at least with Berlin rewards.

Well...i can understand TWO different difficulty raids would make sense in order to allow good/bad decks to have a better environment...
And also that EASY and MEDIUM should have Easier difficulties ;)

But...
Rewards should probably be consistent...PERSONALLY i think harder raids rewards should be better (better odds at cards perhaps)...it is always a "meh" feeling after so hard work...
If we get (and we will) two HARD raids on same week, people will be "annoyed"...

So...making sure we get a DOABLE raid each week would be nice...perhaps rate raids difficulty...
OR...make ALL raids EASY and MEDIUM levels...well...easy and medium ;)

NOTE: In ALL MY TIME in J4F platoon i NEVER got a special raid reward card...NEVER. We do lots of raids...but as the first 3 spots are hard to get i end up without special cards. Supposedly you have a chance up to 7th place in Expert and 5th in Hard...but doesn't seem to work for me...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Truckeye » 16 Jun 2018, 02:09

There are special raid cards? Never got one. Almost always top 5
DANGER SQUAD!
Truckeye
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby jcwill23 » 16 Jun 2018, 07:48

Raid reward cards:

Atlantic Wall (Overlord)
Might Missouri (Midway)
Naval Aviation (Pearl Harbor)
Maunsel Forts (Battle of Atlantic)

Are there others?
jcwill23
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Aine » 11 Jul 2018, 04:23

Weeks go by under the blood-red sky, and here we're back again with Encirclement of Berlin. My today's results playing a Medium raid with an overpowered deck struggling for a mere 200 raid points:

Explain to me, please, why should I even care. I'm not against difficult raids per se, but at least the reward for my agony is ludicrous.
So was the idea to make Berlin bad enough to get us to quit complaining about the unfixed brit raid?
But really, it is not fun at all to play those two broken raids. It is a punishment and I have no f...n idea what I am being punished for.

Aine
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Assassin » 11 Jul 2018, 10:17

Truckeye wrote:There are special raid cards? Never got one. Almost always top 5

I really think card rewards are too rare...
It has been MONTHS since i got one (more than 1 YEAR i think)...and i am "fairly" active player...and do every raid every day...
Even worse...being on a top platoon seems to make it MUCH HARDER...

Its not like they are OP or anything...just liked to have and play with them...without having to leave the platoon for months and even then not being sure...
Assassin
Major General
Major General

Postby Johnwayne » 11 Jul 2018, 16:05

Has anyone received a maunsell fort? I have never seen one.
Johnwayne
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion